OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
    It's just not working with my box, all the other roms I install work. I have the M9&M8_V0.92

I'm just going to wait until Codesnake finishes his rom. I use his Openelec rom on my Mx2. I'm pretty sure he has the same box as me.
    Bad luck, but I think your decision is wise. Let's see if his release does it for you.

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

By all accounts I think this may well be the best xbmc solution for the m8. Just wait for all the boxes to appear on **** now running openelec lol

Comment

It's just not working with my box, all the other roms I install work. I have the M9&M8_V0.92

I'm just going to wait until Codesnake finishes his rom. I use his Openelec rom on my Mx2. I'm pretty sure he has the same box as me.
        i have the same box as you and managed to install openelec did you set the video to 720p before you tried openelec? i didn't at first and couldn't install.
        I'm also waiting for codesnake then i'll have 2 openelec builds to try on this m8 box.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
          Bad luck, but I think your decision is wise. Let's see if his release does it for you.
          Thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciate it.

Comment

Thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciate it.
            No problem, buddy - only wish it had worked for you.

I cant encourage you along the TWRP route as I've had zero feedback on whether my backup works on a box other than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
              i have the same box as you and managed to install openelec did you set the video to 720p before you tried openelec? i didn't at first and couldn't install.
              I'm also waiting for codesnake then i'll have 2 openelec builds to try on this m8 box.
              Yes it's set to 720 and it's even set to 720 by auto detect. I tried 720 60 and even 720 50 and still no go.

Im installing on a 26 inch vizio and in finless rom it's already set to 720. Maybe I should try my bigger tv and see if Finless's rom is set to 1080 so.I can manually set it to 720.

O

Comment

Not sure on this.

Does the AV out work the M8 (where you stick the toothpick in) and if you
                have a cable to suit and a TV with RCA in may be an option.

Yes it's set to 720 and it's even set to 720 by auto detect. I tried 720 60 and even 720 50 and still no go.

Im installing on a 26 inch vizio and in finless rom it's already set to 720. Maybe I should try my bigger tv and see if Finless's rom is set to 1080 so.I can manually set it to 720.

O
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

O
                  The finless rom i tried 1.7 was set to 1080 and i manually reset to 720p that may be your problem i'm using a 60" lg tv

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                    The finless rom i tried 1.7 was set to 1080 and i manually reset to 720p that may be your problem i'm using a 60" lg tv
                    This could be a good lead.

You can sometimes tell what resolution a Finless rom is set at right from its boot screen. It'll say 1080 or 720.

Comment

the 1.7 boot screen says 1080

Comment

OK, so the rom that al8782 is using to set his display has Finless' 1080p kernel. This will put the box in 1080 mode even if the display (TV) is 720. Change the video display to 720 manually in Mbox settings, quit the rom and try again.

Comment

Re: OpenElec on EM8

Is codesnake also working on an Openelec build for the M8? If yes, will he be announcing it here?

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
                            Is codesnake also working on an Openelec build for the M8? If yes, will he be announcing it here?
                            Yes, to both:

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                              This could be a good lead.

You can sometimes tell what resolution a Finless rom is set at right from its boot screen. It'll say 1080 or 720.
                              Yes the rom says 1080p and when I go to mboxsettings and then more settings the display is set to 720p 60. I think it's set for auto detecting setting. For me to switch to a different setting I have to turn off auto detect.

I have a 60 inch in my living room I'll try it on.

Comment

Yes the rom says 1080p and when I go to mboxsettings and then more settings the display is set to 720p 60. I think it's set for auto detecting setting. For me to switch to a different setting I have to turn off auto detect.

I have a 60 inch in my living room I'll try it on.
                                Good. Once on your big TV, turn off auto-detect and select 720p manually. Quit the rom, start installing again...

Comment

Working...
                                X