This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    You don't have to flash the box via your PC, USB cable, reset button and Phoenix Suite.

You can also a) write the stock factory image to an SD card with PhoenixCard V309, b) insert the SD card and then power cycle the box. It'll boot the image and flash it straight to nand memory. No cable, no reset required.

Image to SD card = 7 - 8 minutes
    SD card to nand memory = 8 minutes

Not the fastest route, perhaps, but avoids possible issues with drivers, USB and the burning tool.

I've uploaded PhoenixCard here (new link):

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

The link below summarizes this "Production SD Card Method". Just make sure the "Product" option is checked before writing the image to SD card.

The tools, drivers and Android image for Arches (pcDuino8 beta) can be downloaded from: http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=861  There are two ways to re-flash the image: a production SD card method and OTG method.   1. Production S ...

Note: with our board, you do get a helpful on-screen progress bar during the flashing stage.
    So once on the card, you just plug the device power in and wait about 8 minutes for it to update the firmware? Thats it? I can use this method with the Finless 1.1 image?

Comment

You get an on screen indication of when its done.
      Yes i used this with the new Finless 1.1

Originally posted by freakdave View Post
      So once on the card, you just plug the device power in and wait about 8 minutes for it to update the firmware? Thats it? I can use this method with the Finless 1.1 image?
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Excellent find Zahir

Finless 1.1 only a couple of minutes to Create
        about same amount of time to Write to Draco with progress bar

Thank You
        Good to see you around again, Trebor, that's one fast SD card you've got there...

Comment

Not sure the speed of card but its a new Samsung Evo micro in an adapter.
          Real easy to use that other phoenix usb thing mucks up my usb ports for what ever reason.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

@Zahir, thanks, I just use your info to flash Finless

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
              @Zahir, thanks, I just use your info to flash Finless
              Cheers!

Comment

@Zahir
                Could you validate my ideas :

1) Bob creates a new rom
                2) He flashes his box
                3) He uses TWRP to create Backup
                4) He puts online his Backup
                5) We download his Backup on a USB key
                6) We use TWRP to restore

Thanks!

Comment

In principle, that should work. BUT:

1. What's gained compared to an .img flash?

2. Some boxes might not be compatible with his backup image.

Comment

Last but not least, at the moment I don't use TWRP because I'm at stock recovery (and I prefer the SD-card-way)....
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                      In principle, that should work. BUT:

1. What's gained compared to an .img flash?

2. Some boxes might not be compatible with his backup image.
                      Pros
                      1) If TWRP exists on any device, we would have 1 standard method to flash any rom. Now, for each device , we have a special tool for flashing.
                      2) This method is easy to understand, learn, master, and safe, standard
                      3) Like your method, we need no cable, no driver to install on pc
                      4) Even with your method we still need a pc to create a SD card. With TWRP, we can download directly on internal storage and transfer it to an an USB key, and that's it, no pc, no sd card, no special program to install on pc!

5) Any rom we install with this method contains only apps belonging to OS, no personal app, that wouldn't create any compatibility problem.

6) each company has to create TWRP for their devices and that's all, no special tool, because we would have a standard method for flashing .

Actually , right now , I use TWRP to flash and reflash any rom I like, stock or Finless. Of course I made a backup first for each rom.

Cons:
                      1) would zip file be bigger than img file method ?

My understanding and knowledge are limited , I might miss some technical point of view .
                      Last edited by frhdt007; 12-21-2014, 04:33.

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        Last but not least, at the moment I don't use TWRP because I'm at stock recovery (and I prefer the SD-card-way)....
                        If you flash Finless rom, what would you do to flash back to stock rom?

Comment

If you flash Finless rom, what would you do to flash back to stock rom?
                          I had flashed 1.1 beta2 and I used SD-card-way to flash back to stock rom...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

I had flashed 1.1 beta2 and I used SD-card-way to flash back to stock rom...
                            How did you get stock rom on SD card?

Comment

How did you get stock rom on SD card?
                              Here you can download the .img http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...3#.VJcEzM25AKY
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

You would love TWRP!!! no SD card burning, no pc, everything done on the same box!!! Not even unplug and plug power cord !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X