Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ls2000 View Post
    hi ,wasser .i'd like to ask how can it hide the status bar automatically when starup.thank you !
    I have not tried it on Box, but on phone Xposed framework + GravityBox adds options to have expanded desktop. It will hide Navbar and Notification too. - just an idea, there must be a more simple option as always!

Edit: Just search in xposed modules: there are lighter modules to do this simple task: ImmerseMe,Sindrome Helper (hides the notifications) - I hope it helps.
    Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
    Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Installed it an hour ago.
      My mkv files with 1080p and ac3 dont work with your firmware and your modded kodi. At first i got some realy loud crazy sounds out of my boxes. After a restart, my receiver recognizes a dolby signal but it stutters that much that i dont understand anything (PT on). Skipping forward 10 minutes takes round about 15-20 seconds.

Another problem is that the device read (or write?) from my usb device all the time without break even in the main menu but this is like in the original firmware.

Comment

Hi Wasser, you are going to do a news ROM for, Minix NEO-X8 H or Tronsmart draco aw80 ?

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          I think that's normal because based on kodi 14 beta5...

Do I understand it correctly, that at this rom the playback with MX Player (of cause with the correct settings) is a little bit worst than at other rom(s) ?
          Yes, with the default settings, I found that any video at all that was beyond standard definition would simply not play correctly, filling the screen with a blanket of pixels, mostly of a yellow colouration.

The fact that it was also the same with the stock video player seems to indicate that something has gone wrong but everything that I use was exactly the same as I have used in all the previous ROM's, without issue as far as MX Player has been concerned.

I uninstalled and reinstalled with the neon 7 codecs but the result was the same.

More experimentation required to get to the bottom of it, which may mean starting again and building slowly to see what, if anything may trigger the condition.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
            first big thank for your very good feedbacks. I cannot reproduce the problem in mxplayer as you reported in your test.

Could you please post test video file so i can reproduce it? please try to change mxplayer codecs to HW+ (please download ffmpeg plugin for DTS in this case) and test if it works better for you.

Wasser
            It was a great surprise to me when it happened.

Every video that was beyond standard definition exhibited the same issue with both MX and stock players.

One of the files that I test is this

This is "Samsung Demo HD - Blu-Ray Sound 7.1 ch" by myoinbong on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Audio is fine.

I'll see if I can screen dump the effect so that you can see it.

MX Player has always worked out of the box so to speak, with no need for modifications and in this instance I had to turn off hardware and turn on software decoding in order to get the videos to play, even though the resulting quality was significantly less.

Comment

Originally posted by ICU View Post
              i have no problems at all in mx player. hardware acceleration on with all in one codec.
              That is good news and indicates that something that I have installed may be be having a negative effect.

Comment

In this firmware MXPlayer work flowlessly only in HW+ or SW mode. You should setup you playback accordingly.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

i have no problems at all. i have all video set to hardware decode. download the all in one codec pack and try itand let us know. forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46190935&postcount=2&styleid=15
                  The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

After a reflash and setup from scratch, there are no issues with MX Player now, so no idea what caused the issue in the first place.

I echo what furryhamster said in post 32 about what seems the continual read/write of a USB flash drive.

Overall, a great ROM

Comment

Dear wasser,
                      I'm glad to see your magic appearance with your first piece of art ROM for 3288 based device.
                      All people here in freaktab have been missing you so much for about three months.
                      Are you going to bring a piece of happiness for well-known Hotac made boards too?
                      You probably know that these
                      HTC-T031-V0.2(1.0) and HTC_T032_V1.2 boards with AP6330 onboard,
                      are inside the huge pile of another branded devices like CS918II, CS928, MK902II, Bluetimes QPRO BOX, Cloudnetgo CR12, Measy B4S, Ugoos UG-CS968S, Ugoos UG-T032B, CS968II, etc.
                      If you are going to, please let me know and I would be glad to take one of the tickets to your tester's crew like it was with 3188.
                      Kind regards from 4PDA russian speaking grateful community
                      CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                      CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                      K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                        Dear wasser,
                        I'm glad to see your magic appearance with your first piece of art ROM for 3288 based device.
                        All people here in freaktab have been missing you so much for about three months.
                        Are you going to bring a piece of happiness for well-known Hotac made boards too?
                        You probably know that these
                        HTC-T031-V0.2(1.0) and HTC_T032_V1.2 boards with AP6330 onboard,
                        are inside the huge pile of another branded devices like CS918II, CS928, MK902II, Bluetimes QPRO BOX, Cloudnetgo CR12, Measy B4S, Ugoos UG-CS968S, Ugoos UG-T032B, CS968II, etc.
                        If you are going to, please let me know and I would be glad to take one of the tickets to your tester's crew like it was with 3188.
                        Kind regards from 4PDA russian speaking grateful community

My EKB328 OTT has AP6330 on board as well, and I can't install any of these new released rom

Comment

Wasser's ROM is a great rom , yet there is one major issue (at least for me) ; h/w decoding for videos in mx player for instance is a must (DTS/DOLBY audio), but sadly , this rom can't play videos if h/w decoded... it can play such videos if s/w or h/w+ is chosen , which can only do (PCM) , no dts/dolby audio... i truly hope that such an issue can be addressed...

Comment

HW video decoder manufaction "dancing colorful pixels" MXPlayer and Video players

That issue was reported but as it seems not everyone is affected by it. Maybe it is connected to hardware revision (not only PCB). What even stranger is that the first person who encountered it now says that after second firmware update this issue is gone (with the wind). I'm just preprering to undergo such procedure myself. I will report back how it went but probably not today.
                            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                            bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                              That issue was reported but as it seems not everyone is affected by it. Maybe it is connected to hardware revision (not only PCB). What even stranger is that the first person who encountered it now says that after second firmware update this issue is gone (with the wind). I'm just preprering to undergo such procedure myself. I will report back how it went but probably not today.
                              That is correct although it was a still day.

I have the original V2 PCB from the initial batch of R28 Metas that was sent out.

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
                                Wasser's ROM is a great rom , yet there is one major issue (at least for me) ; h/w decoding for videos in mx player for instance is a must (DTS/DOLBY audio), but sadly , this rom can't play videos if h/w decoded... it can play such videos if s/w or h/w+ is chosen , which can only do (PCM) , no dts/dolby audio... i truly hope that such an issue can be addressed...
                                DTS/Dolby audio also works with hw+ in myplayer, you need to install custom codec.

https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ). Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I...

Wasser
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Working...
                                X