Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    have you used the stock nightly kodi? and PT works?
    Yeah, for me it worked the nightly from this site:

AVR shows for my ac3 files "DTS". Tried your Wasser Kodi version with V2.0 rom but it didnt make any difference to the offical nightly for me.

BTW: How can i just update? Or do i have do flash everything always?

Comment

What's the problem with rooting? Root is a must imo, without that u can't even use Link2SD, gamepad mapping, nothing. If a dumb user bricks his device coz of it, he just reflash the firmware thats all.

Comment

Tried to root after flashing 2.0.2 but no go with anything so far.

I've tried ezroot, root genius and iroot.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Tried to root after flashing 2.0.2 but no go with anything so far.

I've tried ezroot, root genius and iroot.
          Same here.. no titatium... ouch...

Comment

Just info for you, the pre 2.0.2 is not rooted. My future FW won't be rooted by default, but i provide update root.zip which roots the FW if the users want it back.
            Not rooted We need root please
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi Folks,

i haven't seen any feedbacks from testing mxplayer in hw or stock player, Please test it and report the results back. It's very important for official 2.0.2 release.

Now, it's very easy to root or unroot device with my wasser-root.zip/wasser-unroot.zip. The pre 2.0.2 still has a bug which does not allow to install update in recovery mode. It will be fixed in final 2.0.2

The following steps are only for user who want to root/unroot device with pre 2.0.2.

please download update.zip which contains recovery.img and boot.img Unzip the update.zip and update boot/recovery files with upgrade_tool under linux or semilar tool under windows and reboot the device.

Afterthat please download wasser-root.zip and wasser-unroot.zip, put them into /cache directory on r89 device (only work with adb push) and reboot device into recovery mode. In the recovery mode, you have to select "apply update from cache" and then select wasser-root.img or wasser-unroot.img to root or unroot device. After that just reboot.

Please give me feedback! does LED work for you in sleep mode? LED should be red in sleep mode and blue in standard mode

Thanks
              Wasser
              http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

perhaps i should enable root by default and for user who have problem with root, just unroot with my wasser-unroot.zip.

I would like to hear your comments about root or unroot by default in 2.0.2 finel

Thanks

Wasser
                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Ok, check videos files... I use first batch of r28 16go from geekbuying.
                  Same slow motion issue with xvid files on stock/mx (with 5 or 6 files...)
                  H264 perfect with stock/mx. And h265 is ok with stock player, but unsynch sound and videos.

I don't really uunderstand how root rom ...

Thx Wasser.

Comment

perhaps i should enable root by default and for user who have problem with root, just unroot with my wasser-unroot.zip.

I would like to hear your comments about root or unroot by default in 2.0.2 finel

Thanks

Wasser
                    Yes! I appreciated

Comment

Thanks

Wasser
                      Yes root by default please wasser.
                      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Root plz,thx
                        Beelink R89
                        Pioneer SC-2022
                        Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                        Minix X8-H
                        Minix X5
                        Logitech Revue

Comment

Hi Folks

i uploaded the beta of FW 2.0.2 which finally fixes the ffmpeg issue when playing video with stock player or mxplayer in HW mode

Just info for you, the pre 2.0.2 is not rooted. My future FW won't be rooted by default, but i provide update root.zip which roots the FW if the users want it back.

Please test it and post the results.

Thanks
                          Wasser

Download url: wasser-firmware-pre 2.0.2
                          Hi Wasser,

I tried 2.0.2 with the Wasser Kodi player, the current Kodi RC (not the nightly), and SPMC, but still I have the same sound problem, when selecting HDMI pass thru. (either the stuttering, or the freezing)

Nevertheless, on some rare occasions, the sound works flawlessly. But then, when I try again, the stuttering comes back. I was not yet able to reconstruct the working configuration

Comment

Yes root by default definitely!

I cannot test pre v2.0.2 now, don't have time now to do backup-reflash. Please someone test LED indicator in v2.0.2! Thanks!

I have PCB V3.0
                            Last edited by Hui91; 12-08-2014, 19:52.
                            Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
                            Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

root by default, plz

@wasser
                              Yes, root by default plz.

You built a great rom. Thank you!
                              What are the differences between wasser kodi and stock kodi?

@all
                              My only question is, what configuration should i use to have non micro stutter @1080p material that i watch over 1GBit LAN NAS with smb protocol? I actually use smbc player in wasser kodi.
                              Last edited by ChiefWiggum; 12-08-2014, 06:27.
                              Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
                              Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

Guys....
                                wasser asked you to check videos files with 2.02 rom.... no one to test?
                                No feed back... no fnal release.

Thx.

Comment

Working...
                                X