Megatron ROM for ENY EM8 and K200 T8 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superfreak79 View Post
    Can you write down what you see word for word? As mentioned in the OP, only "eny_em8" and "k200" devices are currently supported - but it seems I might need to add "m8" to the updater-script
    Delete first 2 lines of the updater script

date and device check...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      Delete first 2 lines of the updater script

date and device check...
      Yes, thanks. I could've done that from the start - instead decided to make a "whitelist"

Comment

Originally posted by pj8 View Post
        That's exactly what the message says, strange as it's based on Stane's, maybe he can help with the installer.
        It says your device is "m8" - okay I can add that to updater script and see how it goes. Send me your email or chat info via PM and we'll give it a go. Thanks!

Comment

Also the Wake issue for anyone interested: Maybe trying the 3 power assigning modes in remote conf file might help:
          Sorry, could you share the codes again in decimal? I'm not sure which you're suggesting

Comment

It says your device is "m8" - okay I can add that to updater script and see how it goes. Send me your email or chat info via PM and we'll give it a go. Thanks!
            I'll edit the script myself before attempting install but it'll have to wait till weekend and after fresh nandroid/titanium/kodi files backup. Thanks for the help offered.

Sorry, could you share the codes again in decimal? I'm not sure which you're suggesting
            Assigning the 3 states, wakeup power & sleep, to any 3 hard keys on remote for testing purposes. Again I'll try these during the weekend. A listing to edit for those could for example be:

or one's current conf file. I doubt those 3 will make any difference, problem seems deeper, probably the original chinese ROM's faulty event handling.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankie View Post
              This happened to me initially but after using the app reboot the light then powered off the next time I put it to sleep
              app reboot,what's that and how can i use it?

Comment

Originally posted by longodongo View Post
                app reboot,what's that and how can i use it?
                In apps you will see a reboot app , select app , reboot , after box has rebooted try sleep / wake function by using the power button on your remote

Comment

I'll edit the script myself before attempting install but it'll have to wait till weekend and after fresh nandroid/titanium/kodi files backup. Thanks for the help offered.
                  Okay. I would like to build a whitelist of supported M8 S802 devices, so I'm prepared to do the work and post download link

I doubt those 3 will make any difference, problem seems deeper, probably the original chinese ROM's faulty event handling.
                  I think you're right - but never hurts to try (at least most of the time)

Comment

In apps you will see a reboot app , select app , reboot , after box has rebooted try sleep / wake function by using the power button on your remote
                    that didn't do much good,the box did turn off and on with remote,but wifi was off and the box was pretty much inoperable,not a good solution
                    had to unplug it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by longodongo View Post
                      that didn't do much good,the box did turn off and on with remote,but wifi was off and the box was pretty much inoperable,not a good solution
                      had to unplug it anyway
                      Strange I have not had this issue , just trying to help with the process that worked for me

Comment

Strange I have not had this issue , just trying to help with the process that worked for me
                        I really appreciate your help bud,all suggestions are good,any idea that works for you can work for others,believe me,i've benefiitted greatly from others here.

Comment

Hey guys, I updated the OP with a YouTube link

Watch the Megatron boot video on YouTube here (Thanks @coolwave_kodi)

If you think it looks cool here, it's even better on a big screen TV!

Comment

what a fantastic rom, i am loving the unity launcher, is there a way i can delete apps from the top left screen and replace with my apps in unity launcher

Comment

hey superfreak can i use the game emulators on this rom?

Comment

great rom build...but just like with stans rom im finding internet speed caped at about 30megs..im in the uk using virgins 60 megs broadband and I would like to know how to enable the rom to run to the full capacity..(similar to other roms) because at peak times the download speed will drop to sum ridiculous speed that dnt even allow a decent stream to play without buffering every 10 seconds. I am using a M8N box so maybe it my error for believing that it will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X