No announcement yet.

Megatron ROM for ENY EM8 and K200 T8 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed this rom on my original m8 box a few hours ago and so far all is running smooth connected by ethernet cable.No problems powering on and off with the round remote and both kodi and gotham are running well using an existing backup of my own chosen addons.I have been using openelec on this box but this could be a keeper.

Comment

This is from a member at my site.......
      I think I need to read up on how to do a reset of the megatron rom. Sometimes screwy things happen when upgrades are done.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Update on last post: Can someone explain where to find the recovery this speaks of?

From the rom installation page: Note: Factory reset from recovery will restore all apps.

I think this refers to apps one has removed. I want to do a reset of all of megatron to make sure it installed properly. I am open to any ideas. Thanks!
      Man of leisure!

Comment

Another one.....

Xunity sent my box into a tail spin. Right after I installed it, I had to hard boot, and got some nasty looking error message. Then I had to go through the setup process of setting the screen size, etc. But, once all of that was done, the box seemed to run fine
        Man of leisure!

Comment

Originally posted by tup14 View Post
          This is from a member at my site.......
          Hi tup14,

Put recovery.img on a sdcard and then toothpick/reset the box for 12 seconds. Next wipe data/factory reset. Reboot

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tup14 View Post
            A big thanks to superfreak79 for the outstanding ROM I own a site and the members love it.
            Matricom
            seems to have launched their products but forgot how to support them!
            This is the Launchers available I use the Megatron but each one has a unique purpose.

You will notice the time is screwed up as I live on the West Coast..I noticed that other launchers have the right time. This is something that the coder needs to change. That HD Cinema icon at the bottom is outstanding and you can use it's own viewer or Kodi etc! By the way you don't have to set up Kodi/XBMC to use it with this app!

I think this apt. has every movie ever made and theirs a search button at the upper r/h corner

The next two pictures will let you use the custom feature to watch videos

Another apt to watch live T.V.
            Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I can't see your images - they appear to be broken links.

As for time, you'll need to go into Android Advanced Settings and change to your timezone

Comment

Issues and suggestions

(Moderator, please move this to post #3. Thanks)

This is a list of all reported issues with Megatron ROM for ENY EM8 and K200 T8 boxes as well as suggestions that have been made for future releases. I hope to do at least one more update to the ROM and address as many of the issues/suggestions discussed below. Thanks everyone for your contribution

Issues:

- Most importantly, there are many variations of M8-T8 devices out there and Megatron ROM can't predict or prevent all issues

- Clock doesn't work on T8 boxes. This ROM is based on a M8 build and will not support clock

- On-screen keyboard defaults to Chinese language. Apparently, there is a fix for this - but I haven't tried it yet

- Original "m8" devices don't flash. Will add "m8" to updater-script

- "Sleeping beauty syndrome" or "sleep/wake issue" wherein box goes to sleep and doesn't wake up (some devices)

- Blue light stays on after power off (some devices)

- Internet speed capped at about 30 Mb (some devices). Apparently new Acemax/ENY ROMs greatly improve speed

- Buffering issue wherein video appears to be slow motion after 10 minutes. Use Finless init.rc tweak for better streaming

- Can't connect to AC wifi

- Timezone is set to GMT (London). Other time zones need to change time in Android Advanced settings

Suggestions:

- Use "Standby Touch Advanced" app to fix "sleep/wake" issue (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.standbytouch)

- Incorporate newer ether/Wi-Fi transfer & graphics modules from later acemax/ENY ROMs

- Use Acemax new 20150119 firmware as base for Megatron M8 ROM (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?t=22196)

Comment

Originally posted by superfreak79 View Post
                (Moderator, please move this to post #3. Thanks)

This is a list of all reported issues with Megatron ROM for ENY EM8 and K200 T8 boxes as well as suggestions that have been made for future releases. I hope to do at least one more update to the ROM and address as many of the issues/suggestions discussed below. Thanks everyone for your contribution

Issues:

- Most importantly, there are many variations of M8-T8 devices out there and Megatron ROM can't predict or prevent all issues

- Clock doesn't work on T8 boxes. This ROM is based on a M8 build and will not support clock

- On-screen keyboard defaults to Chinese language. Apparently, there is a fix for this - but I haven't tried it yet

- Original "m8" devices don't flash. Will add "m8" to updater-script

- "Sleeping beauty syndrome" or "sleep/wake issue" wherein box goes to sleep and doesn't wake up (some devices)

- Blue light stays on after power off (some devices)

- Internet speed capped at about 30 Mb (some devices). Apparently new Acemax/ENY ROMs greatly improve speed

- Buffering issue wherein video appears to be slow motion after 10 minutes. Use Finless init.rc tweak for better streaming

- Can't connect to AC wifi

- Timezone is set to GMT (London). Other time zones need to change time in Android Advanced settings

Suggestions:

- Use "Standby Touch Advanced" app to fix "sleep/wake" issue (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.standbytouch)

- Incorporate newer ether/Wi-Fi transfer & graphics modules from later acemax/ENY ROMs

- Use Acemax new 20150119 firmware as base for Megatron M8 ROM (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?t=22196)
                Great to hear your allready working on a new ver. cant wait to get my hands on it :-)

thanx alot for your hard work :-) Great rom

Comment

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I can't see your images - they appear to be broken links.

As for time, you'll need to go into Android Advanced Settings and change to your timezone
                  I thought that might happen I can c/p on my site but will have to individually upload them here.

Strange I just looked and it has the right time zone I tried to chang it the other day in the Android Advanced Settings but would not work! Ummm! ghosts

Again thanks for your time on this SF
                  Last edited by tup14; 02-21-2015, 19:26.
                  Man of leisure!

Comment

Hi boOmLa,

Would you be willing to test an updated ROM for me? If so, send PM.

Cheers

Originally posted by boOmLa View Post
                    Hay mate, love your rom - Using it on Matricom's pease of sh** Q-box, and running like a champ - though one thing is if you'll consider adding the propper wifi driver så I can connect to my A/c would be nice

Comment

Hi freforall,

Cheers

Originally posted by freforall View Post
                      for the buffering issue i tried kodi 14.1 and xmbc 13.2 include with this rom and the problem coming with two player kodi and xbmc....internet speed was 30 mbit/sec down and 11 mbit/sec up....but like i said it's pretty good rom...thanks for the job

Comment

Hi Galflex,

Cheers

Originally posted by Galflex View Post
                        great rom build...but just like with stans rom im finding internet speed caped at about 30megs..im in the uk using virgins 60 megs broadband and I would like to know how to enable the rom to run to the full capacity..(similar to other roms) because at peak times the download speed will drop to sum ridiculous speed that dnt even allow a decent stream to play without buffering every 10 seconds. I am using a M8N box so maybe it my error for believing that it will work.

Comment

Hello friends:

I've put together something special for ENY EM8 (square) and K200 T8 (rectangle) boxes. It's called the Megatron ROM because... well... it's mega with over 40 Android apps included. The name Megatron ROM was also chosen because I hoped this ROM would transform the S802 TV box landscape and bring the joy back to Android OS.

Watch the Megatron boot video on YouTube here
                          (Thanks @coolwave_kodi)

Read installation instructions in post #2 very carefully! To download please visit http://mega-tron.tv and click the Download button for either M8 or T8.

If necessary, please use the following alternative links to download:

UNZIPME.M8-Megatron.zip

UNZIPME.T8-Megatron.zip

UNZIPME.Megaton.EMU-Installer.zip

This ROM is based on Stane1983's ENY EM8 build Version 2014-09-03 which includes:
                          (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-by-Stane1983)

- Kernel 3.10.53
                          - Rooted (SuperSU included)
                          - Based on Amlogic SDK from 2014-08-23
                          - XBMC 13.2 included
                          - Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet working
                          - Real sleep

I have added the following changes to the original build:

- Edited getprop to allow both eny_em8 and k200 devices
                          - Debloated useless stock apps apps (e.g., live wallpaper)
                          - Deodexed app, priv-app and framework folders
                          - Added dozens of apps to pick and choose from
                          - Offer choice between XBMC 13.2 or Kodi 14.1
                          - Included several popular launchers
                          - Extract tar.gz used to install sources for XBMC and Kodi
                          - Custom Megatron boot image and boot video (Courtesy of @coolwave_kodi)
                          - Set persistent timezone GMT via build.prop
                          - Silenced Android Effect_Tick system sounds
                          - Mapped conf file for both M8 and T8 remotes
                          - Custom Megatron MBox settings and launcher
                          - New default_wallpaper via framework-res
                          - Enabled init.d support via boot.img
                          - Added Xbox and PS3 KO modules (not tested)

I also created an Emulator update that can be flashed over-top of either M8 or T8 ROM. This update will install roughly ten game console emulator and game pad controller apps. This flash is also available at http://mega-tron.tv (see alterative link above).

When I look at other ROMs posted by the likes of Finless Bob and others, I recognize there are many more things that could've and perhaps should've been done to make this ROM better. I'll consider making further revisions to the ROM according to the feedback received.

There are two bugs that I am currently aware of: 1) Clock doesn't work on T8 boxes and 2) On-screen keyboard defaults to Chinese language. Fixing the clock issue could be fixed redoing Megatron with a T8 build as the base - but I'd much rather someone tell me how to modify the Stane ENY EM8 build to get the clock working on T8. As of now, I don't know how to fix the on-screen keyboard issue.

I hope this ROM is well received. Please send me a PM if you have concerns about it.

This project would not have been possible without the generous contribution of several important individuals. Thanks to Stane, Tony, Corey, Mike, James, Mark, Jason and Bob! Web design by http://sysclonedesign.com

Follow @megatrontv on Twitter at https://twitter.com/megatrontv

How do I install the game ROM???????? How do I control the games? Controllers? Set-up? Thanks

Comment

New version coming?

Comment

Originally posted by NIPSZX View Post
                              How do I install the game ROM???????? How do I control the games? Controllers? Set-up? Thanks
                              Flash the emulator the same way as the ROM itself. Copy 3 files to sdcard and hold reset for 12 seconds.

The emulator flash does not wipe date... only installs apps

As for game controllers, I added modules that will hopefully support Xbox and PS controllers - but I don't have any so can't test myself. I also don't know how to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by brummy13 View Post
                                New version coming?
                                Yes coming... but don't know when. Thanks for PMs and emails offering to help test!

Comment

Working...
                                X