Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willthrom View Post
    Omg... thanks guys. What a surprise.

I will definitely give it a go and comment the result.

If I find something weird I will post the dump.

Well so far with the OC Max GPU and Max CPU the table is on fire.... of course after flashing the table performance is much better than after 6 month using it.

I will comment the progress... thank you.

BTW, I used to maintain this post in XDA (sorry if I cannot post this here, any admin can delete) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329016

I will update it with this new version.

And as they did with me with I was posting there, I will return the beer.... as soon as I find Riddley donate button. (I have yours Slorwy, no te atragantes!!) (btw, paypal are thief with the donations!!)

Comment

Well. After 4 days I add the table is still on fire!!...,. One charge and still working.

I only use the table when going to bed to read news / 9gap and some gaming. I leave the table with the WIFI on all the time.

Very happy.!.

Just one question... why am I still seeing the Phone.apk/telephony.apk in the tablet? this model hasn´t 3G or any call capabilities and when I check battery stats, Phone Call/Standby Call is always in the top.
      In previous versions (1.0, 2.0) I used to remove the package.

Comment

I would like to give a huge thank you to Slowry for all of his hard work and dedication to this tablet. Thanks a million on the new update. I am certainly going to buy not one beer but I am sending you a donation this evening with enough for a few beers. Thumbs up to you! The only feature I am hoping for when you have time is the location services issue, as I have a few apps that need that in order to run such as Schpok. Thanks again Matey and job well done!!!!! Tres Bien!!!

Comment

Originally posted by willthrom View Post
          Well. After 4 days I add the table is still on fire!!...,. One charge and still working.

I only use the table when going to bed to read news / 9gap and some gaming. I leave the table with the WIFI on all the time.

Very happy.!.

Just one question... why am I still seeing the Phone.apk/telephony.apk in the tablet? this model hasn´t 3G or any call capabilities and when I check battery stats, Phone Call/Standby Call is always in the top.
          In previous versions (1.0, 2.0) I used to remove the package.
          Some M6 max have 3G, this rom is for both models. I was thinking about making a wifi only version but now I don't think it will change so much (for wifi only just put the tab in airplane mode). To make a good wifi only rom it's better to recompile the whole android source (about 10 hours the first time I made it with my poor dual core linux box !!)

Comment

Originally posted by marketplan View Post
            I would like to give a huge thank you to Slowry for all of his hard work and dedication to this tablet. Thanks a million on the new update. I am certainly going to buy not one beer but I am sending you a donation this evening with enough for a few beers. Thumbs up to you! The only feature I am hoping for when you have time is the location services issue, as I have a few apps that need that in order to run such as Schpok. Thanks again Matey and job well done!!!!! Tres Bien!!!

I made a lot of debugging and compilation to solve the location problem, then I give up and sometime I try others things !
            Google service is changing every 6 weeks and debug message from GMS API documentation is very poor for me to understand the real problem. I found a Rockchip/ Pipo's patch in wifi source code for the location service but it doesn't work ! and I tried many others.

I think we could play with an alternate location service Unified location from microg.

Comment

Hi Slowry thanks for the reply. Again I thank you very much. I sent you a donation through paypal just now. I hope that you can enjoy yourself with that and have a few beers. I will spread the word and tell others to donate a bit more.

I googled Unified location with microg and have installed everything as described in: https://github.com/microg/android_pa...pps_UnifiedNlp

The problem it seems to update everything as I choosed the with GGAPPS version and it installs etc. But the slider bar for location is still greyed out. I think this might be something on the ROM end. I am not sure. I used F-Droid as well and it was quite good for the installs. I think we are getting warmers. One other thing, would it be possible to use any of the code from the old 4.2, as I know it worked with that one. I know it is probably different but thought I would ask ?

Thanks again for all your help with his. If you do have the time to commit to this I will gladly send you another donation. Thanks again
              Last edited by marketplan; 05-17-2015, 00:28.

Comment

Ok Slowery hope you go my donation Ok this tom works in all except for location and GPS. I believe my tablet might be a pro but I am not sure. Its an NTAB II by novatech which is a PIPO in disguise. I installed the pro version rom and everything works including GPS and location but oddly enough not the WIFI or Bluetooth.

DO you have any suggestions. Is there a way to write a driver for WIFI on the MAX rom?

Hope there is a way thanks again for all of your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Slowry View Post

Some M6 max have 3G, this rom is for both models. I was thinking about making a wifi only version but now I don't think it will change so much (for wifi only just put the tab in airplane mode). To make a good wifi only rom it's better to recompile the whole android source (about 10 hours the first time I made it with my poor dual core linux box !!)

well don´t bother about the wifi version... I don´t think it is worth it. I just removed the android package.

btw, I don´t have any battery problems. As I said I only used the tabled for read before sleep and it lasted for 4 days. Wifi on all the time, 30-.45 min per day.

So... no problem on my end.

Comment

Hi Slowry your version for 4.22 works fine I get GPS, Bluetooth and also WIFI. But for some reason no matter what kernel I run the best I can get is GPS/Bluetooth but no WIFI. Not sure. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Slowry so I am certain that its a M6 MAX as the 4.2.2 roms install and run everything fine. Is there any possible way to have the WIFI 'driver' so to speak from the 4.2.2 roms put in for KitKat. Thats the only thing that seems to be holding me back.. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Slowry so I am certain that its a M6 MAX as the 4.2.2 roms install and run everything fine. Is there any possible way to have the WIFI 'driver' so to speak from the 4.2.2 roms put in for KitKat. Thats the only thing that seems to be holding me back.. Thanks again.
                        Back porting the JB wifi driver to kitkat could be a pain.

Wifi chip on m6max is ap6330, on m6pro it's a different chip (look at m6pro thread)
                        M6max never had builtin GPS, only M6pro has one. So I think there is no M6max rom that can handle builtin GPS neither JB nor KK, only m6pro rom can do that.

So what wifi chipset is on your tab ?

Mybe your tab is a fork of M6max with a GPS, so hardware is different in one way or another !

Comment

It could a a mix of the two but the 4.2 rom works 100% but none of the M6 Pro roms work. Is there an app that you know of to check what my hardware is and provide a report so I can tell you? Thanks again.

Comment

It could a a mix of the two but the 4.2 rom works 100% but none of the M6 Pro roms work. Is there an app that you know of to check what my hardware is and provide a report so I can tell you? Thanks again.
                            You can start to post a dmesg log 1 min after hard reboot. (you can do that this syslog app).

Comment

Here is a kernel I've generated from the Team's central multi-kernel repository. Slowry has kindly provided his work and I've tried to combine it into the 'master' for all Pipo tablets.

M6Max_V1.00.00

Could someone test and confirm that it boots and all functionality is reatained? Thanks! This is not intended to replace Slowry's kernel, it is merely to allow all the devs to work from one single source and, therefore share new drivers and insights.
                              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

The 4.4.2 & 4.2.2 builds can only incorporate a single wifi driver. So if your tablet worked with the standard Max ROM it is has the same wifi chip as everyone else. Some tablets are sensitive to the voltage provided to the Wifi/BT combo via ACT_LDO6.
                                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X