Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 by Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything works great

in 2 day testing i noticed only 1 issue, default browser shuts itself down , without force close, but not on every website , for example facebook.com or gmail.com works ok and nba.com or cnn.com are 50% loaded when browser shuts down.
    This is not a big deal or a thing that i want to fix , i downloaded firefox and dolphin and both work great and i already forgot the default browser

My question that i would like to read an answer is : which rom is better Finless 1.4 or Kasty V2 (from arctablet.com)

and i almost forgot the only thing that i really need an answer when i insert usb memory stick all i get is that i can safely remove it , nothing else , its unreadable , why is it like that ??? is that usb port not for memory stick or what??? i tried with usb debugging on and off and its the same.

p.s. i noticed that i speak too much , i hope that`s not a problem )

Comment

The default browser is garbage. Same as stock ROM. Everyone stock had this problem.
      I prefer Opera now my self! Best one out of all of them I have used to date in my opinion.

As for Finless vs Kasty... Your gonna have to test yourself and then you tell me

As for USB memory stick. My sticks all work fine for me. Even used one of mine today.
      1) Make sure it is formatted Fat32 and not NTFS or Fat16. Arnova does not support anything but Fat32.
      2) Make sure the format of the stick is not hosed up! It is Fat32 and if you pull the stick from your PC or the tablet before properly ejecting it, it can mess up the file system. May be able to open it in windows but that doesnt mean it's not got a problem! If that happens the Arnova will not mount it and kick it right back out. The Android OS doesnt deal with a screwed up file system well!!!!

If you have files on it then plug it into your PC and right click on the drive icon for it and select properties. Then select tools. Then select check disk. Let it fix any errors.
      If you dont have files on it then try reformatting it and make sure you pick Fat32!!!!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        The default browser is garbage. Same as stock ROM. Everyone stock had this problem.
        I prefer Opera now my self! Best one out of all of them I have used to date in my opinion.

As for Finless vs Kasty... Your gonna have to test yourself and then you tell me

As for USB memory stick. My sticks all work fine for me. Even used one of mine today.
        1) Make sure it is formatted Fat32 and not NTFS or Fat16. Arnova does not support anything but Fat32.
        2) Make sure the format of the stick is not hosed up! It is Fat32 and if you pull the stick from your PC or the tablet before properly ejecting it, it can mess up the file system. May be able to open it in windows but that doesnt mean it's not got a problem! If that happens the Arnova will not mount it and kick it right back out. The Android OS doesnt deal with a screwed up file system well!!!!

If you have files on it then plug it into your PC and right click on the drive icon for it and select properties. Then select tools. Then select check disk. Let it fix any errors.
        If you dont have files on it then try reformatting it and make sure you pick Fat32!!!!

Bob
        I run Dolphin as my default browser.

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
          I run Dolphin as my default browser.

Harold, if you have not tried the latest Opera, try it you might like it

Bob

Comment

Drivers

Hi finless

I have installed your rom 1.1 before, Im now trying to install the rockchip drivers on win7 64bit and it says they are not correct for my device, im know they went in ok last time. Any ideas?

many thanks
            Edit: Got it sorted anyway, thanks for the rom
            Last edited by doughy2002; 02-20-2012, 21:21.

Comment

USB is OK

I formated my usb memory stick in fat32 , before all of them were ntfs because of copying files larger then 2 gb, now it works and no more problems thanx for the advice and i want to ask if its possible to see android 3.x or 4.x on arnova 10 g2 in near future ?

Comment

Unless Arnova is willing to produce an update it would be a case of a cooker willing to spend a lot of time writing from scratch the whole thing. Fingers crossed but I can't see it any time soon

Try Tapatalk for easier navigation of Freaktab on your mobile. Get in from Android Market!
                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                </form>

Comment

Originally posted by barttheman View Post
                  I formated my usb memory stick in fat32 , before all of them were ntfs because of copying files larger then 2 gb, now it works and no more problems thanx for the advice and i want to ask if its possible to see android 3.x or 4.x on arnova 10 g2 in near future ?
                  There is an experimental Honeycomb firmware being developed by Morka over on Arctablet blog.

Comment

There is an experimental Honeycomb firmware being developed by Morka over on Arctablet blog.

As it is said by Morka, it is :
                    Honeycomb like GUI on Android 2.3 system

So, not really a Honeycomb port. His work seems interesting, though.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                      As it is said by Morka, it is :
                      Honeycomb like GUI on Android 2.3 system

So, not really a Honeycomb port. His work seems interesting, though.
                      that looks like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by southphillysean View Post
                        that looks like crap.
                        Well, it doesn't even boot yet on the Arnova 10 G2, so I'm certainly not in a hurry to flash it.

Comment

Well, it doesn't even boot yet on the Arnova 10 G2, so I'm certainly not in a hurry to flash it.

Not sure where you got that? I loaded the test3 version of that ROM and it booted for me! It was very slow to boot but it did work. lots of bugs but was fun to play with. I have not tried test5 yet.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Not sure where you got that? I loaded the test3 version of that ROM and it booted for me! It was very slow to boot but it did work. lots of bugs but was fun to play with. I have not tried test5 yet.

Bob
                            I hadn't seen that, but the comments over there are mixed together for all 3 different tablets Morka is working on. If we had a Recovery for the 10 G2 that enabled full nandroid backups, I would be more eager to "test" a firmware (which I have done on two different Android phones many times) because returning to pre-test is very easy. Unfortunately, without Nandroid, testing and returning to pre-test means reinstalling applications, settings, data, etc. and can be fairly time consuming.

Even with the brilliant idea you gave me to use terminal emulator or adb (which substantially shortens the transition), I don't want to spend two hours tinkering with an admittedly buggy ROM. When more kinks are worked out, or someone figures out how get a recovery on a 2918 Rockchip that can do a Nandroid, I'm going to watch.

To put it another way, it's an altogether different matter when you moved from 1.1 to 1.3 to 1.4. All of those ROMs were solid, and there was no need to even consider going back.

Comment

I agree first priority is a nandroid backup like cwm.
                              Then a finless v1.5 rom
                              or both
                              if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

FYI, no promises but a cwm kinda think is in the works. I semi got it working when I was doing my 1.4 ROM but stopped to get 1.4 out. I am back to lookking at it again.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X