Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace to all good men, lol

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Interesting. While they did not change the kernel version, they did change the build number

Stock 10G2 build number = 20110913.192033
      Build date: Tue Sep 13 19:20:56 CST 2011

Philly build number = 20111223.173108
      Build date: Fri Dec 23 17:32:38 CST 2011

So makes me wonder about many things
      Will do some more testing.

bob
      time passes by and more and more im getting convinced this arnova company is just big filthy mess
      that got lucky with proper pricing and a product with quality just holding by the last nail at the bottom of a decency benchmark

ive probably written about ten emails to them so far - zero replies
      zero respect for their customers
      zero customer support

damo - dont waste your time - i sent an email about the news ticker when it came on about 2 weeks ago
      no reply, no change on the news ticker, no change in the update section
      completely irresponsible

if you check the build dates on the above roms with the actual release dates
      youd get even more convinced these people are just some bunch of careless bums

Build date: Tue Sep 13 19:20:56 CST 2011 is actually released oct 10 - a whole month later
      Build date: Fri Dec 23 17:32:38 CST 2011 is actually released feb 10 - almost 2 months later

the fact they actually did update the rom for the arnova 10 g2 but just released the version for philly
      speaks volumes about how much they care about their customers

version history on their roms is incomplete - it does not list what has been done prior to the update
      the philly version doesnt have a change log at all

some 3 weeks ago i asked why this philly rom is so big but nobody replied
      i had the suspicion there is more than just a bunch of bloatware there since it was almost double the size
      thankfully bob noticed it too and decided to play around
      just to discover the arnova bums had actually updated the rom for 10g2
      but for some inconceivable reason decided to deprive every one of their customers
      who bought their tablets full price
      what can i say... arnova=idiots
      Arnova10G2: USB to Ethernet - PLEASE TELL ME HOW?

Comment

Definitely agree with you, register, that there ought to be a changelog. There is also a TON of bloatware in the PMN firmware; all those stupid links to their advertisers (I mean, really, are you going to choose a Main Line Health doctor because there's a commercial in the digital version of the newspaper? Come on.)

Once you have a r/w \system like Finless' ROMs provide, you can just strip that garbage out altogether.

Plus, if you strip all that stuff out, you can kill the commercials in the digital version. The black pop-up screen still comes up if you click on an article, but nothing appears, and just click on "x" and you're back to the paper. Before, I had all kinds of crashes and hangs while the tablet just tried to load the "commercials" in the digital version.

Bob's even got a file available elsewhere here with all the bloatware that's installed by default on the tablets. The non-PMN version actually has a better epub reader, IMO, and one or two other things I decided to keep, while tossing out everything from PMN except the card game and the 3 newspaper apps.
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Got as reply back off Arnova

Have they got a bunch of robots working for them?

4 GB Thu, Mar 1, 2012 08:31 GMT

View full HTML message.

Dear Customer, We invite you to update the firmware of the device with the firmware for the 10G2 avaialble from the download section of the website. Kind Regards, Arnova Technical Support Thank you for choosing Arnova products. We also have at your disposal on our website, FAQ's, firmwares and drivers. Feel free to visit our it at website : http://arnovatech.com/change_country.html?

country=zz&amp;lang=en ---- ORIGINAL MESSAGE ----Date : 02/11/2011 From : Daman Magee Product code : 501766 Product name : ARNOVA 10 G2 4GB EU/US Date of purchase : 01/11/2011 Place of purchase : Message : Hello Can you tell of if you are working on a new firmware release for the Arnova 10-G2. I have noticed an update for the Philly tablet are there changes going to be implemented Onto the 10-G2? I and others have had a bug with the sd card notification popping up randomly Been a moderator on Freaktab.comusers have got this problem and would like a fix!

So they can't answer a simple question!

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

see? told you - idiots
            Arnova10G2: USB to Ethernet - PLEASE TELL ME HOW?

Comment

Originally posted by register View Post
              see? told you - idiots
              At least Damo got someone who knew how to read and write......

My guess is they have the folks working on the Arnova software who can't cut it while working on the Archos products.

Comment

just wanted to sharewhat my Arnova looks like with Go Launcher EX

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120302_1222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	428761

Comment

Love the wallpaper! Go Phils!

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                    That is a problem with your tablet. I had one like that and got tablet replaced under warranty

Ok,

Thank you for the advice. It seems I have no luck with the tablets I had.

my first arnova had a broken NAND. I got it replaced. And now I have this problem with its battery.

So, I will ask for another replacement. But I need to flash the original firmware. Do you know if the basic procedure will work, from the 1.4 Finless ROM (placing update.img on the sdcard, and flashing when it is detected by the tablet) ?

Comment

To flash the stock ROM you have to use the RKBatch tool. Make sure in that tool you click restore not upgrade as it has to reformat.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thank you Bob,

I'll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
                          Love the wallpaper! Go Phils!

The excitement is building for another stellar season. Cant wait to grab my first ticket out of the stash of season tickets i got.

Comment

Adobe Flash Problems

Ive just reflashed up to finless 1.4 and my G2 is running really well apart from Adobe Flash, whenever I try and view youtube videos it just shows the volume and video slider with no video, just the sound playing in the background, I've tried installing flash 11 on the market and I've tried flash 10.03 from appslib with no joy Does anyone know a solution?

cheers

Comment

Stock browser sucks with flash. Also you need to clear out flash v11 period! Install flash 10.3.

Then go get a good browser. My latest love is Opera! Youtube flash works awsome in it.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Cannot erase IDB

Name:	IDB.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	428771
                                I followed your instructions, but couldn't delete IDB. do you mybe have any advice wha the problem could be?

UPDATE: After couple of attempts, Erasing of IDB went OK. I have no idea why, I did everything same couple of times and there were no indications that something different went on with the device. Now, the problem is with writing to flash.

Name:	Error2.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	428772

Thanks in advance.
                                - Pedja.
                                Last edited by pedja; 03-04-2012, 21:37. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                                X