Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 by Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More info about the differences.

There is a .ko file for RK29 that gets injected into the running kernel at boot time. There is different between the 10G2 and the Philly 10G2 for this file.

I am investigating more what that might be but the difference between a binary compare are massive!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK so several lib.so files have been updated in /system. Also shutdown has a major update to it. I have had hangs on shutdown before so I bet this is a fix. The new shutdown scripts is umounting things in a correct way.

An interesting lib.so file is new too. libmedia.so
      My bet is that is the library responsible for the sdcard remounts people have on the 10 G2!!!!!

Other lib file updates in this ROM
      Androidruntime.so
      stagefright.so (new one says it supports up to 4 gig of media)
      Mapi has an update! Might be something to help tethering or firewalls?

Bottom line I think I am going to make a 1.4.5 10G2 ROM from these updates in the Philly ROM.

Now to analize the kernel... Stay tuned.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        More info about the differences.

There is a .ko file for RK29 that gets injected into the running kernel at boot time. There is different between the 10G2 and the Philly 10G2 for this file.

I am investigating more what that might be but the difference between a binary compare are massive!

Bob
        That's interesting; what's the name of the .ko module they added ?

Comment

Do you think it is worth contacting Arnova to see if we can get any information from them to see if they are working on any updates for the other models. The sd card ejection is a problem I encounter as well. I know Arnova are hard to get information out of them but it may be worth a try?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Arnova 10G2 Kernel build date: Jul 14 2011

Anorva 10G2 Philly kernel build date: Dec 20 2011

So folks... we have a new kernel in the philly tab and there are LOTS of changes in it.

FYI the new kernel appears to support yaffs too! Interesting... Yaffs is a compressed file system like cramfs but it RW and it is made to perform better in NAND memory.
            Something to look into.

Bottom line I will be cooking all new 10G2 ROMs based on these updates.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
              That's interesting; what's the name of the .ko module they added ?
              Librmapijni.so

Mapi usually refers to IP Tables as I recall.

Bob

Comment

Strange just gone onto the Arnova website and there is a flashing title bar saying news! Download the latest firmware for Arnova 10-G2 but when you click on it not get the same firmware link from October 2011

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                </form>

Comment

Hmmmm maybe they are cooking up a new 10 G2 and just have not got their act together yet?

I will release this philly version today. Daman, can I have a boot screen with like 17 plugs for Freaktab on it please

Bob

Comment

Hmmmm maybe they are cooking up a new 10 G2 and just have not got their act together yet?

I will release this philly version today. Daman, can I have a boot screen with like 17 plugs for Freaktab on it please

Bob
                    I thought we had agreed 20

Do you want it to say Philly tablet so it is specific to that? And what version number?

</form>

Comment

Librmapijni.so

Mapi usually refers to IP Tables as I recall.

Bob
                      Now that's interesting. Librmapijni.so is a kernel module from the HBAnywhere product from Emulex, part of their driver suite for most of their products.

I wonder what its doing in there ?

Andy

Comment

It will be my 1.4 version just specific for the Philly tab or "philly version" if you will....

OK 20 plugs is fine

Later I will morph the 2 versions together using the new kernel, libs, etc and make a new 10 G2 without all the philly stuff and a 10g2 philly version as well. I will probably call it V1.5 at this point since in fact it will be a new kernal and what not. Lets have at least 30 plugs on the screen please

My next ROM kit will have 2 system.img's in it for people to choose.
                        Debloated system or stock system with stock apps. This way I don't have 2 different downloads and at flash time the user can decide.

Bob

Comment

OK for sure the media library update thing has changed in this ROM. It does not hang up the boot process as much as the old kernel did. It still does this on boot but is very fast in doing so.

Now much "user experience" that I can see in the new kernel. There are no new menu items in setting or anything like that. In fact the removed one from the privacy settings and only factory reset exists.

Only other note is STOCK Philly ROM seems faster than stock 10G2 ROM. So I think when I get 1.5 done the 10G2 guys are going to enjoy it.

Bob

Comment

You guys are a scream. Looking forward to what comes next. Will be playing with new boot animations over the weekend and let you know what I come up with. Gotta bone up on my GIMP. There are some decent images for splash screens elsewhere at locations I'm sure you can find if you feel particularly devilish.
                            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                              Strange just gone onto the Arnova website and there is a flashing title bar saying news! Download the latest firmware for Arnova 10-G2 but when you click on it not get the same firmware link from October 2011

I have emailed Arnova about the firmware to see if they are working on the other models since the Philly has changes. Will reply in two days

</form>

Comment

As soon as its available for download, I'll flash it onto the tablet.

(and I'll finally see the splash screen you guys are all talking about :-) )

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X