No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 by Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are having some kind of USB problems!

Suggestions are
    1) Do not go through a USB hub!
    2) Maybe go into the BIOS and set for standard USB 2.0 not high speed etc.
    3) Cable issues with noise effecting data transfer?

Etc.....

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      You are having some kind of USB problems!

Suggestions are
      1) Do not go through a USB hub!
      2) Maybe go into the BIOS and set for standard USB 2.0 not high speed etc.
      3) Cable issues with noise effecting data transfer?

Etc.....

Bob
      Thanks very much Bob. I did think of the same last night (European time) and tried two different cables, different USB connectors (they are all 2.0), with or without power supply into the table, nothing helped. Erasing IDB always goes well after that first unsuccessfull one, but it always fails on writing to flash (at different points). Sometimes it fails immediately, just after 1K, sometimes it goes to 50K etc. I tried this morning also to do it with different computer, with XP, even USB 1.1, but it was the same. I have no idea what to do. Maybe my micro USB plug on the tablet itself is faulty. BTW, I have the same problem with Rockchip Batch Tool 1.4.

Thanks anyway.
      - Pedja.

Comment

Hi pedja,

I had the exact same problem.

The flashing process ended with the same error at the same step.

After trying with different PCs with no more luck, I was advised that my tablet NAND could be defective.
        I had my tablet replaced under warranty.

When I got the replacement tablet, I was a little afraid to flash it, but I did and everything worked like a charm.

So if nothing else works, try to get a replacement.

I didn't tell the exact truth when I returned my bricked tablet. I said that it sometimes rebooted or shut down without any reason. So, I tried to flash the original firmware provided on the official arnovatech site. And It bricked.

If you have the same problem, I know it is frustrating.

I think, the low cost of Arnova, compared to Archos tablets is partly because they are less tested before being sold. So you have more chance to get one with a hardware malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
          Hi pedja,

I had the exact same problem.

The flashing process ended with the same error at the same step.

After trying with different PCs with no more luck, I was advised that my tablet NAND could be defective.
          I had my tablet replaced under warranty.

When I got the replacement tablet, I was a little afraid to flash it, but I did and everything worked like a charm.

So if nothing else works, try to get a replacement.

I didn't tell the exact truth when I returned my bricked tablet. I said that it sometimes rebooted or shut down without any reason. So, I tried to flash the original firmware provided on the official arnovatech site. And It bricked.

If you have the same problem, I know it is frustrating.

I think, the low cost of Arnova, compared to Archos tablets is partly because they are less tested before being sold. So you have more chance to get one with a hardware malfunction.
          I am on my 3rd tablet with the Arnova 10G2. Quality control is a bit hit and miss. I had 2 replaced and when they have been sent off they just send back a new one in a box. Don't even think they attempt a repair. Probably a bloke in a warehouse just sending out new ones

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
            I am on my 3rd tablet with the Arnova 10G2. Quality control is a bit hit and miss. I had 2 replaced and when they have been sent off they just send back a new one in a box. Don't even think they attempt a repair. Probably a bloke in a warehouse just sending out new ones

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
            It's fine with me if they simply replace with a new in a box.
            Maybe for me too, the third one will be the good one
            Wait and see.

Comment

Thanks everyone for their response. It seems I'll have to return it and ask for the new one. I will keep you informed.

Thanks again.

Comment

10 g2

Hey Finless you the man.
                Ibought one of these with acracked screen,hoping i could source one,but not an easy task.
                Managed to buy on at the bootsale and swapped out the complete digitizer and screen,Perfect so far,
                read this thread and went ahead with the flash,All went perfectly,Amazing rom,fast. Brilliant job.

What i want to ask is how can i tether my android phone to get online, and is otg possible on this,(through the mini usb) the usb2 is working fine for media etc.

Thanks

Comment

Flashed today with 1.4. Worked like a charm. Many many thanks.

Not too partial on the boot screen though... But great anyway.

Comment

well done!

Comment

Bob,

I have been on XDA for a whilr and followed the 10 g2 chat to this forum.
                      Firsat let me say a big thankyou I have just flashed your rom and it is a world better from the rom I had and how nice is it to see the app storage space at a usable size. Thanks again this is so much smoother and quicker.

Now my problem , I have read through all the posts on here and your instructions ref: market trouble. However I have tried three different root exploring apps and can't find what I am meant to delete to get full market lists! ES and Titanium both say not compatable with device if I find them through the browser, market wont even display them. When I navigate to /data/data there is nothing and I have checked for the apps that list show hidden I have it checked, but still I see nothing. just trying to install es from its apk and look again but any help is appreciated?

Adrian

I don't know why but once I installed an old es apk could see files, deleted them, still failed. Don't know what possessed me but I decided to look in the archos appslib for es amd it was there, it updated the installed version Ihad and found the same folders already deleted did process again and this time bingo!!!!

Thanks to all for a great rom particularly you Bob, all is now working.

Adrian
                      Last edited by adrian4design; 03-07-2012, 16:19. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Glad you got it figured out Adrian!

Enjoy,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by iffy View Post
                          Hey Finless you the man.
                          Ibought one of these with acracked screen,hoping i could source one,but not an easy task.
                          Managed to buy on at the bootsale and swapped out the complete digitizer and screen,Perfect so far,
                          read this thread and went ahead with the flash,All went perfectly,Amazing rom,fast. Brilliant job.

What i want to ask is how can i tether my android phone to get online, and is otg possible on this,(through the mini usb) the usb2 is working fine for media etc.

Thanks
                          Hi iffy,

I didn't try tethering through usb. If your phone has at least gingerbread, you can use wifi tethering. And if your phone is rooted, there is "Wireless Tether for Root users" app which is free and powerful (you can filter by mac address)

For the usb tether, I think the rom, like the original firmware lacks the driver. But again, I didn't try.

Good luck with that. If you manage to do it, I'm interested in the procedure.

Comment

Read the last page of the nextbook forum. There are 2 solutions. One guy lists some apps that work and another post about replacing the wifi_supplicant file to get it working. My bet (though I have not tried it) is the nextbook suplicant file would probably work on Arnovas. If not try the app route.

Bob

Comment

hey finless well impressed with the quality of this custom firmware
                              i tried the honeycomb style one by morka which looked great but
                              is really unstable just wondering if were likely to expect a firmware
                              from you in that style but of your quality in the future thanx

Comment

I have played with his firmware and I may do something with it to extend it like EXT4 file system etc. Probably not for a week or two though.

However I might add the launcher he is using is not Honeycomb but a launcher that is avilable from the Market. So if you like that launcher look then you can use it now and install it. The only other major UI change is the status bar at the bottom and how the status bar works which is honeycomb like.

But in the end if I do extend it with EXT4 etc, if it in not performing well, I will probably not release an official ROM but a ROM you can deicde to play with if you want. I don't plan to work on the kernel and things Morka has done. He is the master/expert of that specific ROM.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X