Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.4 !NEW!(22.05.2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does new RKRemoteControl ver2 app works in this ROM for MK808? Can we create touch profiles on the go on MK808 with this ROM as highlighted for new RK3188 devices?

Comment

yes but only with 2.2.4
      Everything is possible if we work together!
      ApkFreak

Comment

Bluetooth

Anybody has had success with bluetooth dongle on the mk808 non bluetooth model?

I had no success with the kernel provided.

On the rom, seems pretty reactive and pretty nice. I like the cursor :P

Comment

Sorry if this has been already asked in the past but is there any hope to seen an overclocked GPU for the MK808b using your ROM ? My friend and I just got one and it seems that this would solve most of the video decoding issues we are experiencing.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Lewy 20041,

Can app space be installed with 1gb instead of 2gb? ...I only have 4gb device and only use it for XBMC...don't want to use ext SD..slows down some of my games..Thanx!

Comment

Download one of my ROMs and take out the parameter1gb file. Use that to flash Lewy's ROM. Remember to erase nand!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Download one of my ROMs and take out the parameter1gb file. Use that to flash Lewy's ROM. Remember to erase nand!

Bob
                Thanx for the info...Do I use your Rom Flash Tool or Rockchip Batch Tool...the rom is one image file??

Update: Never mine..I figured it out after searching...thanks for generating the spark
                Last edited by freakkid; 06-08-2013, 02:18.

Comment

sorry for dylayed replay but 1 in a 3 days im 24 in job.
                  thanks bob for providing info to freakkid.
                  ApkFreak

Comment

Weird problem with USB Ethernet dongle

Hi to all,

want to say that I successfully installed v2.2.3 and using it.
                    Bought USB Ethernet dongle compatible with dm9601 module.
                    Internet works when used via PC with DHCP server.
                    But, when I connect it directly to router my ISP gave me
                    (so I can use PPPoE connection) can't set static IP -
                    whatever I set into fields for static IP, after saving I get "save failed"
                    (tried everything - only addr & netmask, all data, combinations...)
                    Consequently I can't use PPPoE (router does not have DHCP server).

Anyone had similar problems. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi, can someone give me the kernel version info as written in the "About device" tab?

Thanx

Update: found it..thanx anyway!
                      Last edited by freakkid; 06-10-2013, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                        If anyone have question just ask
                        I have two questions;

1. Is it recommended to perform some type of backup before following your instructions to install this custom ROM, or should I not worry?

2. I have read that there are custom ROMs which have XBMC preconfigured to use mPlayer for video output. I am seeing on your webpage ( http://xbmcfreak.xorg.pl/index6.htm ) that there is a version of XBMC which will allow hardware decoding in xbmc's default player. My question is; after flashing your modified Minix Neo x5 firmware, will I still need to install this .apk, or is it already included?

Thank you.

Comment

Why do I prefer V2.2.3

Hi, first I want to say that this is the best ROM I flashed on my MK808B. Thanks to lewy20041! I started with V2.2.3 and then decided to try V2.2.4 but I reverted to V2.2.3 because of some visual changes I didn't really like. First of all, I believe the pointer looks much better with V2.2.3. In V2.2.4 it looks a bit too pixelized. Then, I'm not very fond of the blue line at the bottom of the status bar. I like the standard look better. Also, I prefer the shutdown menu from V2.3.3 which looks much sober than the one in V2.2.4. I would also point that the Seeder app included in V2.2.4 is a payed app so unless you have the authorization from its creator it might not be a good idea to redistribute it.

This is just some feedback based on personal opinion.

On a side note, I'm trying to access xbmcfreak.xorg.pl but I get a connection refused.

Thanks again for this great ROM!!!

Comment

Bueno:

1. you should not worry rk3066 are almost unbrickable
                            you alvays can revert to stock rom if you dont like mine.

2.XBMC mast be downloaded separatly.

Pancho22:

im maked this rom moustly for mayself and i like the graphic
                            i know that some people wil complay etc...
                            but im doing it the way i like.
                            i dont force anyone to use my roms.
                            as of 2.2.4 if you want you can change status bar and pointer to the ones from prewious ver.
                            just google android arow pointer chane or something similar.
                            for status bar copy systemUI.apk from /system/app/ and replace with the one from latest ver.

about "seeder" i didnt know that it became a paid app.
                            its free on xda.
                            i conected the dev and will see what he will say.
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                              Bueno:

1. you should not worry rk3066 are almost unbrickable
                              you alvays can revert to stock rom if you dont like mine.

2.XBMC mast be downloaded separatly.

Pancho22:

im maked this rom moustly for mayself and i like the graphic
                              i know that some people wil complay etc...
                              but im doing it the way i like.
                              i dont force anyone to use my roms.
                              as of 2.2.4 if you want you can change status bar and pointer to the ones from prewious ver.
                              just google android arow pointer chane or something similar.
                              for status bar copy systemUI.apk from /system/app/ and replace with the one from latest ver.

about "seeder" i didnt know that it became a paid app.
                              its free on xda.
                              i conected the dev and will see what he will say.
                              its free this is from the xda page for seeder
                              ROM builders - feel free to integrate this into your ROMs (either the .apk / application, or just the rngd binary called from init.d)!

If anyone's interested, I've launched a paid app on the Play store for non-xda users. As I add features I'll post the new versions here as a thanks to you guys (and xda community at large for being such a great resource). But if anyone's interested in the market's auto-update feature, just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers!

Comment

lewy20041

V2.2.4 720p working flawlessly on my G4.

Excellent work.

Cheers
                                Last edited by Johnoo; 06-11-2013, 17:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X