Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.4 !NEW!(22.05.2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings I am interested in the stable 2.2.3 720p rom for my mk808b (i now have the original 4.1.1 firmware). I have some questions though:

1) Will the wifi, ethernet, bt work flawlessly?
    2) Is this rom in overall better than the official 4.1.1 firmware? I want your thoughts about that..
    3) Does it have an auto hide toolbar?

I am only interested in a rom better than the original, unbloated of chinese stuff, but first of all AS STABLE AND FAST AS IT CAN BE.

Thanks
    Last edited by Haris1977; 07-02-2013, 13:05.

Comment

Hi @lewy20041,

I'm using now your Rom 2.2.4 on my MK808.

It is much more fluid than the original!

But I detected that the wifi is not stable, when i turn on the wi-fi it works a 54 mbps after a while are working to 2 mbps, very very slow. To return to normal, I have to turn off wifi and turn on it back again.

You can fix this situation?

Regards,
      Jorge Moreira

Comment

Rom is great wifi in rom not so much

Originally posted by Jorge Moreira View Post
        Hi @lewy20041,

I'm using now your Rom 2.2.4 on my MK808.

It is much more fluid than the original!

But I detected that the wifi is not stable, when i turn on the wi-fi it works a 54 mbps after a while are working to 2 mbps, very very slow. To return to normal, I have to turn off wifi and turn on it back again.

You can fix this situation?

Regards,
        Jorge Moreira
        I had the same problem using the 720p version so I went back to bob's 1.7c

Comment

It should be fixed in next ver. For now you can try flashing difrent kernel.
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

what kernels work with this rom

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
            It should be fixed in next ver. For now you can try flashing difrent kernel.
            Can you tell us what kernels may work with this rom 2.2.4? I will try both the 720 and 1080 versions. I have the mk808

Comment

kzis, 2dark4u, etc...
              ApkFreak

Comment

i was with lewy 2.1.3 and 2dark kernel and no problem at all (wifi was really ok)

i tested yesterday 2.2.4 but the wifi was a disaster, i flashed the rom with 2dark kernel and have to say how its really an improvment for the mk.

btw, my mk808 is finless wifi modded with 6cm long of copper phone cable linked to the ground and to the antena spot of the mk.

Antutu 10660 and best wifi signal i never had

Comment

Does not wake up from sleep after about 10 mins

Sleep is acting weird. When I click on sleep, it switches the blue light off and is available to come back up for a few mins with mouse/HID remote, but after about 10 mins, it wont wakeup, but has to be plugged out and in.
                  My mk808 is on this rom with 2dark4u kernel.
                  Is this an issue in this version of the ROM or minix versions from lewy?
                  Or is this the behavior with all the mk808s?
                  Please help.

Comment

Any chance for new rom for newly released Minix Neo X5 4.2.2 firmware for MK808/MK808B/MiniX?
                    Ok, Guys, Just get this official Android 4.2 firmware for NEO X5, can’t wait to share with you. This is the official Android 4.2 ROM for MINIX NEO X5, add init.d.   Firmware Download Link is :   http://www.mediafire.com/download/0s6fi26h9rc67yk/X5-116A_4.2.rar password: geekbuying.com   You must use the RKBATCH TOOL to flash this rom, tools you may […]

Any chance for better video playback on RK3066 with similar workaround as for RK3188?
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...playback/page2 - Post #38

Thanks
                    Last edited by mo123; 07-31-2013, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                      Any chance for new rom for newly released Minix Neo X5 4.2.2 firmware for MK808/MK808B/MiniX?
                      Ok, Guys, Just get this official Android 4.2 firmware for NEO X5, can’t wait to share with you. This is the official Android 4.2 ROM for MINIX NEO X5, add init.d.   Firmware Download Link is :   http://www.mediafire.com/download/0s6fi26h9rc67yk/X5-116A_4.2.rar password: geekbuying.com   You must use the RKBATCH TOOL to flash this rom, tools you may […]

Any chance for better video playback on RK3066 with similar workaround as for RK3188?
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...playback/page2 - Post #38

Thanks

Don't hold your breath on that happening.

Most development is happening on the newer chipset and the older models are falling behind.
                      Even the manufactures are putting little to no effort in updating the last gen models and fix the video problems.

The only real hope is the custom rom guys and even they are focusing on the newer chipset so any future fixes are likely going to be sometime coming if ever.

Cross your fingers this isn't the case.
                      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by staats View Post
                        Can you tell us what kernels may work with this rom 2.2.4? I will try both the 720 and 1080 versions. I have the mk808
                        I'm also wondering this since I am having the WIFI problems in 2.2.4 as well, except I have the MK808B.

I know rouletabille said they use 2.2.3 with 2dark, so would I be able to use 2dark kernel with lewy's 2.2.4 rom with my MK808B?

If so, where can I download 2dark (or other MK808B compatible kernels)?

Thank you.

Edit: I found 2dark4u kernel, but everyone says that using 2dark4u results in losing WIFI and BlueTooth capabilities. Any suggestions until the WIFI problem (affecting only the 720p rom?) is (hopefully) fixed? I would use Finless, but it has an issue with connecting to WIFI connections using WEP encryption.

Anyone have issues with WIFI on lewy's 1080p rom?
                        Last edited by Bueno; 08-03-2013, 04:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
                          I'm also wondering this since I am having the WIFI problems in 2.2.4 as well, except I have the MK808B.

I know rouletabille said they use 2.2.3 with 2dark, so would I be able to use 2dark kernel with lewy's 2.2.4 rom with my MK808B?

If so, where can I download 2dark (or other MK808B compatible kernels)?

Thank you.

Edit: I found 2dark4u kernel, but everyone says that using 2dark4u results in losing WIFI and BlueTooth capabilities. Any suggestions until the WIFI problem (affecting only the 720p rom?) is (hopefully) fixed? I would use Finless, but it has an issue with connecting to WIFI connections using WEP encryption.

Anyone have issues with WIFI on lewy's 1080p rom?
                          There is not custom kernell for MK808B. You can use the MK808 one bu you will loose bluetooth and Wireless. The easiest way is to buy an usb-ethernet adaptor to connect the device to the network.

Lewy,

Any changes to port the newer minix firmware to the MK808/B? Please....

Thanks
                          Best Regards

Comment

as i said to other user on minix forym;p

i will make update for all rk3066 devices that i support.
                            it will be based on latest 4.2.2 minix stock and will have a look and futures like this rom "http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0-by-lewy20041" which i make for rk3188 devices.
                            i just need to save few backs for rk3066 device;p
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                              as i said to other user on minix forym;p
                              Thanks lewy!

What happened to your RK30xx device? Became bricked?

Comment

Very cool a updater including the video fixes and latest rom would be very cool
                                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Working...
                                X