• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ viggen66

I use APEX LAUNCHER PRO for years and I'm happy with this launcher

Comment

Originally posted by pmai View Post

​I can not reproduce the boot lockup since I deleted the two directories Fota ...
      It is true that because of my age I am less "Luky Lucke" that in my youth and I wisely waiting time arrives properly before touching my mouse. For this reasons, I no longer boot lockup despite numerous reboot I did last night to test.
      Joking aside, this seems to confirm that BOB mentioned above and confirms that there is a synchronization problem between FOTA and the update time with TCPIP stacks.
      That being said, is that it is so tragic to have to wait several seconds before touching the mouse? It's not for me to judge, but for me it is a lesser evil and that suits me.
      It's good to know you have the patience to hold back from moving the mouse, lol. Unfortunately even doing that isn't enough (for some of us anyway)
      Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2016, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by viggen66
        I have also experienced that lockup bug, reinstalled the rom, and removed asap the folder Finless told us to remove, does anyone here knows a good launcher for TV Boxes besides the one that came pre installed?

I use simple TV launcher

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk

Comment

@ndn_enigma
          I hope I did not offend you.
          I said all that to get things done.
          Knowing that we have the same machine but not the same software installed.
          Maybe one of your software causes this problem?
          Because I tried again many times the reboot and now I can not find the boot lock.
          I'm sorry for you.
          How you reboot?
          This is by cutting the power or via the button at the bottom of the screen or via the remote control?
          I always reboot via the button at the bottom of the screen and I never use the remote control for this.

Comment

Originally posted by djdave79 View Post

I use simple TV launcher

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6653 met Tapatalk
            Excellent launcher, thanks, very beautiful with custom icons on the screen, indeed my choisse as well

Comment

pmai, no offense at all. For me, this problem happens on a clean install with full data wipe as well. I reboot only with the button on the bottom as well. It's not happening all the time anymore thankfully. Getting rid of the two folders has made the problem better, but hasn't eliminated it completely. Hopefully Tronsmart can help remedy this for whoever is having lockup issues in their next firmware update (if they begin working that is) but it seems they're still wasted from Chinese New Year.

Comment

Hello all,

I just found a new problem.
                I always turn off the machine by pressing and holding the red button on the top left of the remote control.
                This way really cuts power to the machine. As proof of my TV does not see connection on the corresponding HDMI port.
                But yesterday I found that after a time (not immediately, but I don't know after how long), my machine reboots all alone without I touched anything.
                Someone found this problème? If so do you know the remedies to?
                I turn with the rom finless.

Comment

​Holidays Chinese New Year are the day before and 3 days after.
                  They are celebrating for 5 days but not more
                  Last edited by pmai; 02-14-2016, 10:36.

Comment

No one tried this on Beelink M18?....seems they have same hardware...

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      TWRP is done! Finished it last night.... I will put it up later after doing some testing.

Bob
                      Hey Finless,

Ever got the chance to test team win recovery? Is it working?

Comment

You mean TWRP?

Yes I got it working.... Waiting to release it in my next ROM.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          You mean TWRP?

Yes I got it working.... Waiting to release it in my next ROM.

Bob
                          Thanks Finless, for your effort and dedication, your first rom has made a difference, your next work will be flawless

Comment

Hi Bob i just made a account so this is my first post I am waiting for my telos unit in the mail and I want to put your rom on it but I have a few questions that I hope you or anyone else that has this rom already can please answer for me before I put this rom on my telos i know you are soooo busy bob but can you please answer these for a person who needs a few answers thank you in advance bob OK here go''s

Question #1 are we still supposed to put any of the tonsmart ota updates on this rom when they release them ? Or just leave there updates alone and wait for you to make another rom or a update from you instead ?

Question #2. if you say yes use there telos Ota updates when they relese them will that unroot this rom ? and will I have to root the telos everytime I do an update ?

Question #3 and finally my LAST ONE YAYYY this one anyone who has this rom already and tried diffrent versions of kodi please tell me is it better to use the Vidon version of kodi with this rom or get the newest kodi version 16.0 from the kodi site / Google play store versions insted

Whew I know I asked a lot of ??? Sorry guys and last thing Bob i can't just ask all these ? and not say a BIG THANK YOU for everything that you do and all the hours that turn into days you take out of your life to make these awesome roms for everyone to enjoy thanks again Bob

P.S. sorry for such a looong post

Comment

@ruppert...I will try to answer your questions. Bob...please feel free to correct if I am wrong.

1. I believe Bob's rom disabled the OTA's from Tronsmart(mainly because Tronsmart forces auto update to their latest rom). So if a new OTA is available via Tronsmart, you are welcome to manually update your box to the latest OTA from Tronsmart. However by doing so you will wipe out Bob's rom and most of the things he has done to his custom rom. It will be up to Bob whether he will update his custom rom to incorporate any changes that Tronsmart has fixed or if Amlogic releases any additional updates to their chipset.

2. If you do update to Tronsmart's OTA, then you will lose root access, but you can always use the EZ root method to gain root access again.

3. Vidon vs Kodi 16.0...That will be up to the user. I have tried all the versions of Vidon and Kodi and currently I am on Kodi 16.0. It has been pretty stable and working for me. If you need the blueray menu, then you may want to go with the Vidon.

Hope this helps.

g

Comment

Hi gggg thank you for the reply I know that Bob is very busy and can't always answer everyone's posts I see that on tronsmarts forums they still have issues ( date and time reset issue random volume bar poping up ) I'm sure Bob will fix the issues way before tronsmart can fix them I think I may put bobs Rom on when I get the telos gggg thanks again for answering me

Comment

Working...
                                X