Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and i did a modification of antena wireles ,i use a conector to conect external antena thank you
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      For people having boot lockups, please do the following and see if it continues

1) Install ES FIle Explorer
      2) Turn on root explorer
      3) Navigate to /system/app
      4) Delete the following folders:
      FotaUpdate
      FotaUpdateReboot

Then see if you continue to have book lockups.

I removed these from my Meta and Pro test ROMs and people do not seem to be complaining of boot lockups anymore.

Bob
      Hello Bob,

I deleted according to your demand both Fota .... folders.
      After 10 reboots there is no lock!
      You are very good
      Thank you

Comment

Just out of curiosity, which version of Kodi are you running? I have installed 14.2, 15.2 is a little bit buggy for me, but what are your thoughts on Kodi Versions

Comment

viggen66

​I try since 3 days Version 15.2 beta of vidon kodi and for now I met no major problems. Except for the exit where it is still extremely long

Comment

I tried deleting the 2 folders, I had a couple of successful reboots which got me excited... followed by a boot lockup . As a note, the time is always messed up when it happens.

Edit: After that lockup, I've had 10 successful reboots, I will let you know if the lockup happens again. But since it's happened once, I do think it will happen again, it's kinda like karma, you don't know when it'll hit you but it'll hit you .

Edit 2: And there we go, the lockup happened again.

P.S. Loving your ROM otherwise, and I know this isn't a problem you created, but hoping you can help solve.

Edit 3: Another note, when the lockup happens, I only see the time on the AOSP widget that I put on the main screen. So it seems that maybe something happens between getting the time and date that causes this...
            Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2016, 20:53.

Comment

I did not stop to reboot from any earlier. I am no longer boot lockup. You may have something more than me. Wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
                Just out of curiosity, which version of Kodi are you running? I have installed 14.2, 15.2 is a little bit buggy for me, but what are your thoughts on Kodi Versions
                I stay at vidon 14.2 which I think pretty stable. The 15.2 is so buggy for me, lack of many addon such as simpletv pvr...I think the Vidon folks tried to rush it out before the Chinese NewYear.

Comment

Possibly, but I don't know. I've taken some further steps. I've tried with and without automatic date and time set and still experienced the boot lockup. Like I said, most reboots are successful, but the lockup is still happening periodically. But it does seem to stem from the time/date like I said because the time is always wrong on the lockup and there is no date appearing on the widget when it happens. I have a hunch that it might be happening because of the superuser app, but I'm no expert...
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2016, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by dtsexpert View Post
                    I stay at vidon 14.2 which I think pretty stable. The 15.2 is so buggy for me, lack of many addon such as simpletv pvr...I think the Vidon folks tried to rush it out before the Chinese NewYear.
                    Yes that was I was thinking, I have no problems with 14.2 only that is an later version than 15.2 to give the sense of being better, for being newer, which is not.

Comment

Originally posted by ndn_enigma View Post
                      Possibly, but I don't know. I've taken some further steps. I've tried with and without automatic date and time set and still experienced the boot lockup. Like I said, most reboots are successful, but the lockup is still happening periodically. But it does seem to stem from the time/date like I said because the time is always wrong on the lockup and there is no date appearing on the widget when it happens. I have a hunch that it might be happening because of the superuser app, but I'm no expert...
                      It will not have anything to do with the SuperSU app!
                      The stock ROM locks up too. It's a #1 complaint with this box right now.

I thought it had something to do with the FOTA update trying to query the server before the system settled down (e.g. TCPIP stacks etc aren't ready) after a reboot.
                      The time might also be trying to contact the time server before the system has settled down causing it to.

So it seems removing FOTA has helped but not fully cured it!

However I also notice, at least for me, that on reboot if I am too quick to move the mouse, it seem to lock it up. If I wait about 10 seconds after the desktop shows and then move the mouse, I don't see lockups especially after removing FOTA.

More to look at here.... But it is hard to debug when you cannot do ADB via a cable!!!

Bob

"Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

heloo guys i dont know much about this things but how can i see if i have the bootloder locked?in tronsmart vega s95 telos?and at the moment i have the original tronsmrt rom etc... and finles pleasee tell mee this rom has enabled the full overclocking of procesor graphic card?and if i want to instal this custom rom i need first to unlock the bootloder?thank you

Comment

Very interesting findings for the lockups Bob. Unfortunately I don't think Tronsmart themselves will do anything about it. They'll test it 5 times, and since it won't lock up they'll move on to the next issue.

Comment

I have also experienced that lockup bug, reinstalled the rom, and removed asap the folder Finless told us to remove, does anyone here knows a good launcher for TV Boxes besides the one that came pre installed?

Comment

Square Home Tablet Launcher works well Good ole Google Now launcher is good as well
                              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

​I can not reproduce the boot lockup since I deleted the two directories Fota ...
                                It is true that because of my age I am less "Luky Lucke" that in my youth and I wisely waiting time arrives properly before touching my mouse. For this reasons, I no longer boot lockup despite numerous reboot I did last night to test.
                                Joking aside, this seems to confirm that BOB mentioned above and confirms that there is a synchronization problem between FOTA and the update time with TCPIP stacks.
                                That being said, is that it is so tragic to have to wait several seconds before touching the mouse? It's not for me to judge, but for me it is a lesser evil and that suits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X