Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Finless, thank you for the great work you have done with your ROM. When i bought Telos, I expected that it will be flawless like my old M8S, but the original firmware has been tragic. Since i started using yours it's been fine but there is one issue that bothers me. The box keeps switching off automatically so i have to turn it on with my remote, which is inconvenient (i use it mainly for playing music). And it's not in the setting, because i turned autosleep and even daydreaming off. Can you advice something how to prevent it from behaving so?
    Thank you, vlad

Comment

Originally posted by Krissy View Post

Hi Bob, first of all I want to thank you for all the work you put in on behalf of us. I know this isn't the right thread for this question but I've been looking all day for one of your roms that will run on my Minix X8 PLUS. I flashed your Finless 1.1 rom but I guess it works only for the Minix X8-H PLUS and while the box works fine I just noticed I don't have any wifi. Could you PLEASE point me to the correct rom for the X8 PLUS. Thanks in advance for your time.

Krissy
      I never did one for the X8 Plus. It came after any of my X8/X8-H.

I may work on a update since Minix released it's final ROM for these boxes.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello! I was wondering why I can't seem to play any YouTube 60fps videos? And I even suscribed to 60fps goodness channel but there is no option for 60fps only the standard resolutions and 720p and 1080p. I have a 60 mb internet connection so i got enough speed. I even tried to kinda reset the youtube app by deleting the cache and data then restarted but no go. ???? I also get alot of frame drops(not skips) on Kodi Jarvis, and the Vidon XBMC version when playing some movie files (over cat6 ethernet,gigabit router, external hdd spinning at 7200 rpm) enccoded at 60fps. I tried adjusting the libstagefright media codec and so on, also playing with the adjust display refresh rate option with no difference. It plays my local files (Mx player, es file explorer player, ect ect..) and YouTube smooth but not ultra smooth like I was hoping. I tried using the no frills app to set it at performance and noop at 2.1ghz and 1.0ghz to see if it would help but no change. I have a tab s 8.4 and it plays the 60fps youtube or local 60fps files liquid smooth. Is this a amlogic, tronsmart or firmware thing? Does the Remix OS do any better?

Comment

Finless, as a request, Tronsmart has added the auto frame feature, but instead of improving, just trashes a little bit the video, can you remove or add a patch to enable/disable that feature on your next ROM.

Thanks for your support and hard work.

Comment

Has anyone figurated how to fix the startup boot hang bug, I have already removed the FOTA folder, and it happens but not so often as before,it's the only thing that prevents Finless 1.0 rom from being perfect

Comment

Thank you very much, running flawlessly, the only question I have is, I readed that sixaxis ps3 is working, but a non-original, generic psx3 sixaxis bluetooth will? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by banton View Post
                ...The box keeps switching off automatically so i have to turn it on with my remote, which is inconvenient (i use it mainly for playing music). And it's not in the setting, because i turned autosleep and even daydreaming off. Can you advice something how to prevent it from behaving so?
                Thank you, vlad
                Hi Finless, could you please have a look at it if you have some time to spare?

Comment

Hi Finless, did you ever get around to updating your rom with the latest firmware from Tronsmart. I've been using their OTA 20160422 firmware which works ok except the video playback is a bit jittery here and there not like your first rom which was silky smooth.

Comment

Finless, have you abandoned this project, or still working on it, your roms really make the difference we need.

Comment

Hey Finless, I can go along with the previous post in asking: Will there be a Finless 1.1 ROM based on the Tronsmart ROM from 20160413? I would appreciate it

Comment

Hey Bob.. The Telos root has been working great but I came across a problem. Using HDMI connections, I plugged my rooted Telos into a Yamaha HTR-3064 stereo that's connected to an NEC NP-VE281X projector. When I turn everything on, the projector says "Out of Range." However when I plug the Telos directly into the projector, it works fine. I used USB Burning Tool to revert back to the 20151127 firmware, and it works through the stereo and projector. Is there something in your root that could perhaps be disabling backwards compatibility from HDMI 2.0 to 1.4, or causing a disturbance with HDCP? I can't think of any other reason why it does not work. Has anybody else had similar issues and came up with a fix? Thanks for all your work and in advance for your help!

Comment

does anyone know if vidon will identify this box as a tronsmart vega after we uprade to finless rom and then allow the free vidon Pro upgrade?

or has anyone tried kodi vs vidon xbmx with dts hdmi passthrough (using this rom of course)...which one doesnt have jitters or sound drops?

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post
                            does anyone know if vidon will identify this box as a tronsmart vega after we uprade to finless rom and then allow the free vidon Pro upgrade?

or has anyone tried kodi vs vidon xbmx with dts hdmi passthrough (using this rom of course)...which one doesnt have jitters or sound drops?
                            Hi, Im using the one from the last official firmware update

Comment

Finless, thanks for this ROM, its a bit awkward that your ROM is by far, the best for this box (you vs tronsmart team, come on!), its even the reason I didnt sell the box already

Comment

Originally posted by s95vega View Post
                                Hi, Im using the one from the last official firmware update

What exactly is it that you are using from last official firmware update?
                                Are you using Finless rom? or the last official firmware update? or Vidon from last official firmware update on finless rom?

If you are using vidon from last official firmware update on Finless rom, can you get the free vidon PRO upgrade to work?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X