Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q-BOX Amlogic S905 4K KODI TV Box 2G/16G 2.4G+5G WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 KODI Dolby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it breaks your wifi then maybe you have the 2/8gb unit.
    OR
    the firmware on the website has gone wrong, there was a human errors(confusion) with this release.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have the 16 gig. Think firmware goofy. Working now testing everything tonight. Love the start up and remote functions very good.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I try the kodi update. They need a better file server thats for sure ill let it download but it will takeca few hours at this speed lol. I check wifi and network both fine so its thier file source.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

1 hour 28 percent oh my i hope this kodi update is worth the wait lmao... I like the set up look like some atv files used for the set up menus. This box is very quick and responsive. Trebor I can remember last time device this fun to play with. Thanks for peaking my interest with your great review.

Comment

FYI Firmware testing versions lol. Based on the source posts, I've seen people flipping it around accidentally on later posts. You know you used the wrong firmware if your wifi doesn't work.

I bought the 2/16GB from amazon.ca for 72.88 with free shipping, it was a Kekilo branded but the box and internal components match. Seems a common box sold by many "brands" but both I have came in the OTT TV BOX, only the barcode sticker is different, the second one was cheaper. I grabbed then as I was unhappy with an RK3288 and RK3368.
            Last edited by tman_694; 06-25-2016, 08:31.

Comment

Then geekbuying needs to specify version as it just lists qbox updated firmware. 😏

Comment

so, i bricked my q box when trying to flash its original stock firmware via sd card. process started, but after a second the device went dead, no lights, no output onto the tv. i managed to revive it by flashing, strange enough, the same stock firmware, this time via the usb burning tool v2.0.5.15 with the device connected to the pc with a a usb - a usb cable. none of the shorting nand pins. just ran usb burning tool as administrator, reset button behind the a/v kept pressed, connected the box to the inward usb and usb 2.0 on the pc (usb 3.0 didn't work), released the reset button 5 seconds after connecting the usb, box was recognized with status connected, imported aml_upgrade_package.img, selected force erase all and bootloader on the right and started. process took 3 and a half minutes, end result box as it came, working fine. hope this helps other people that might end up with a bricked device.
                Last edited by carianis; 06-26-2016, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by carianis View Post
                  i can also tell you that i have succesfully installed twrp recovery and used it to do a nandroid backup, this is actually the first thing i have done. i used this https://twrp.me/devices/minixneou1.html.
                  I purchased mt QBox from Gearbest and it arrived pre-rooted so I followed cariansis' method and installed TWRP using the file twrp-2.8.7.0-p200_2G.img obtained from the TWRP website provide in his link. However I did this before updating the rom as I wanted to take a nandroid copy of the rom as it was when the device was delivered. Having successfully installed TWRP using the dd command via the terminal emulator app I then attempted to install the QBOX-0610-zip.zip file, first via TWRP as I've always done with my other Android devices. This failed and informed me that the update was for 'p220-2G' wheres my device required a package foe 'p200'. I thenunzipped the QBOX-0610-zip.zip file and attempted to install the p200_2G-ota-20160610.zip and received the same message. Can anyone explain why TWRP is reporting that my box requires a p200 package ?

I've extracted the recovery.img file from the QBOX-0610-zip.zip and flashed that via TWRP and then copied the contents of the QBOX-0610-zip.zip to an SDCard and booted into recovery and the update took place. There were one or two error messages displayed ( I should have written them down) but the rom was updated.

I've also repeated this using the version of TWRP used by desmondo in the OPENELEC thread , TWRP3_VegaS95_Meta.img, but the results have been the same. Neither of the versions of TWRP are specifically for the QBOX so is this causing the problems?

Is it possible to have TWRP installed AND use it to install ROM updates as they occur ?

Comment

i'd like to ask the other owners of this q box if their boxes also when restarting after powering down have the time and date reset??? it seems that when the box is powered off via the remote control is the same as when unplugging the power cord, completely cutting the power to it, as it would happen to a phone when the battery is taken out. this would explain why the time and date are reset every time. shouldn't it have some, i don't know, standby power or something, so it can keep the date time settings? are all the other android tv boxes the same? i wouldn't know as this is the only one i have.

Comment

Originally posted by Twosheds View Post

I purchased mt QBox from Gearbest and it arrived pre-rooted so I followed cariansis' method and installed TWRP using the file twrp-2.8.7.0-p200_2G.img obtained from the TWRP website provide in his link. However I did this before updating the rom as I wanted to take a nandroid copy of the rom as it was when the device was delivered. Having successfully installed TWRP using the dd command via the terminal emulator app I then attempted to install the QBOX-0610-zip.zip file, first via TWRP as I've always done with my other Android devices. This failed and informed me that the update was for 'p220-2G' wheres my device required a package foe 'p200'. I thenunzipped the QBOX-0610-zip.zip file and attempted to install the p200_2G-ota-20160610.zip and received the same message. Can anyone explain why TWRP is reporting that my box requires a p200 package ?

I've extracted the recovery.img file from the QBOX-0610-zip.zip and flashed that via TWRP and then copied the contents of the QBOX-0610-zip.zip to an SDCard and booted into recovery and the update took place. There were one or two error messages displayed ( I should have written them down) but the rom was updated.

I've also repeated this using the version of TWRP used by desmondo in the OPENELEC thread , TWRP3_VegaS95_Meta.img, but the results have been the same. Neither of the versions of TWRP are specifically for the QBOX so is this causing the problems?

Is it possible to have TWRP installed AND use it to install ROM updates as they occur ?

i can't really say why twrp didn't work for you as i didn't try that myself. but i can tell you that i have flashed the rom onto the box using the usb burning tool 2.0.5.15 and it worked wonderfully. this is to the q box pretty much as odin is for samsung devices and i can say i prefer this method to others, like via sd card, as i can see the progress of the process on the computer. i guess using this tool would allow flashing ota updates as well, haven't tried ota's, just full roms.

Comment

Maybe we can ask Abdul if he can see about making proper trwp for this device. If its done correctly to specific device it will cause host of issues. I rooted no propblem using ez root from Bob but not tried twrp yet.

Comment

i can't really say why twrp didn't work for you as i didn't try that myself. but i can tell you that i have flashed the rom onto the box using the usb burning tool 2.0.5.15 and it worked wonderfully. this is to the q box pretty much as odin is for samsung devices and i can say i prefer this method to others, like via sd card, as i can see the progress of the process on the computer. i guess using this tool would allow flashing ota updates as well, haven't tried ota's, just full roms.
                          Which Rom file did you use ? I couldn't get the usb burning tool to see the rom zip file and only after unzipping it will the rom burning tool see the recovery.img contained within the rom zip file and if I choose that file then I get a message ''Parse burning image fail"

Comment

Originally posted by Twosheds View Post

Which Rom file did you use ? I couldn't get the usb burning tool to see the rom zip file and only after unzipping it will the rom burning tool see the recovery.img contained within the rom zip file and if I choose that file then I get a message ''Parse burning image fail"
                            you have to unzip of course the rom and from the created folder you will load aml_upgrade_package.img into usb burning tools, just as i wrote above in post 97. its size is some 950 mb.

Comment

i'd like to ask the other owners of this q box if their boxes also when restarting after powering down have the time and date reset???....
                              It seems that the box uses the network time. Doesn't always work. Re-try and it will probably come up. If time is wrong, https:// sites will fail. I don't know if manually setting the time will overcome this.

Comment

is there any really smart guy out there who can develop an app or something to control the lights on this thing?! i noticed they react to the remote button only while on the home screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X