• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mo ,

thanks for your good work .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

I wane play...Music.....Witch version would be the best....I had V1.6, run quite good....Till i had the wifi problems...Now i have V1.9, at the moment wifi is working...thinking what to do with it, looking at cooling etc etc..But this version doesnt work for me, i use only spdif.....Sound in any app, lasts for 15sec....Spdif is off after that, system shuts it off..Light from it is off, if i switch in sound manager to spdif or regular, it goes on....For 20 sec, or almost 1 song.....Uhm ....Runs very cool at the moment, its not that.....I wane play my music without grazy things, what version would work the best...Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by scorp76 View Post
        I wane play...Music.....Witch version would be the best....I had V1.6, run quite good....Till i had the wifi problems...Now i have V1.9, at the moment wifi is working...thinking what to do with it, looking at cooling etc etc..But this version doesnt work for me, i use only spdif.....Sound in any app, lasts for 15sec....Spdif is off after that, system shuts it off..Light from it is off, if i switch in sound manager to spdif or regular, it goes on....For 20 sec, or almost 1 song.....Uhm ....Runs very cool at the moment, its not that.....I wane play my music without grazy things, what version would work the best...Thanks!
        SPDIF is fixed in v1.10 and newer.
        It also worked in previous versions but not all eg. in v1.9 SPDIF was broken again.

Comment

Oke thanks mo123! will try it later, you need maybe some info or testing....Or was spdif done, i mean with extensions etc...thanks 4 your effort!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

I updated the apps, included new FTMC and improved general usage, stability in the new ROM.
            It also uses highest resolution of your display by default, no need to flash separate files any more.
            It is busy uploading.
            There is just a problem with Google Chrome but I will fix that in a day or two together with any other small bugs.

I want to start on a Nougat firmware soon.
            Need to get some more help first as I hit a small stumbling block in making such a firmware.

Kodi 17 has some limitations but overall Kodi 17.3 runs well, much better than 17.1
            Brilliant! Thank you Mo, will try it tonight.

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

Comment

With version 1.11 i have sometimes in ftmc dropouts with spdif....With the music app a few times...Sound get blurred, spdif stays on but with a sort off flikkering sound play.In ftmc it occurs quicker if i skip between tracks or if i search in the track itself.

Comment

With version 1.11 i have sometimes in ftmc dropouts with spdif....With the music app a few times...Sound get blurred, spdif stays on but with a sort off flikkering sound play.In ftmc it occurs quicker if i skip between tracks or if i search in the track itself.
                Try Kodi 17.3 and set these settings for SPDIF

If it is only a problem with FTMC, you can report it in that thread perhaps.

If still not working correctly, you might have hardware damage on your device or the firmware is not fully compatible with your Ubox.

Comment

Oke thanks i will try that!. Besides that maybe you guys have a link, for what already was suggested:cooling...My ubox is off course 5volt by 3Amp...I looked at other fans from other android boxes and i saw a few times...5volt by 1wat...Dont know where to ask, but a notua NF-A4x10 5V by 0,25W and 0,05amp...Would this not suck out too much, or is it looking at the amps and watts good.While ago i saw a mod with my box and a fan...Cant find it anymore...

Comment

Oke thanks i will try that!. Besides that maybe you guys have a link, for what already was suggested:cooling...My ubox is off course 5volt by 3Amp...I looked at other fans from other android boxes and i saw a few times...5volt by 1wat...Dont know where to ask, but a notua NF-A4x10 5V by 0,25W and 0,05amp...Would this not suck out too much, or is it looking at the amps and watts good.While ago i saw a mod with my box and a fan...Cant find it anymore...
                    Hi scorp76 ,

why you dont take or make a Fan with USB Plug , i modded all my three boxes with a Fan ,

look here one of my Mods for the UT4 :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...36-fan-for-ut4

hope it helps , ask if you need more Info .

geetings

gefattern

Comment

Hey Gefattern!
                      Thanks, i saw your mod...I already made one and i tested yesterday the box with airflow....Yes, i see a difference with gaming and watching a movie...I stressed it good yesterday with all the things i do with it and putting games and other things on at the same time....And yes, asphalt 8 or something like that, two rounds...Almost 79degree.....Chip can take it, but i doubt indeed as you said about the rest...In movies is see a small difference, in gaming it runs smoother....Without cooling sometimes in a millisecond you see hickups, picture really fast but slowdown moments in it...With cooling the overall picture looks more smooth..Last thing i didnt check, would this maybe conflict my spdif problems.....

So 10 minutes ago i ordered some hardware, a noctua 5 volt super silent fan, heathsinks...Maybe bullshit but the shizzle arround the chip gets really hot, and volt is increased with some roms...So no luxury i think to cool the rest also....Maybe even on the wifi chip, can boil on egg on it....
                      Gonne fit the heatsink in a better position and off the memory chips, they touch each other..Then paste and sinks on the rest off the hardware, and some new wires to the mic and fan.Now i was busy with the fan position...Have two options, on top off the heath sink or attached to the backplate....I think the last one is the best, blows straight over the heatsink and surroundings..Then i gone split the box internal in 2 parts...1 where the airflow enters, and the other part where it leaves the box..

Read a lot about fans, and i choose the small notua 40 mm fan, unfortunately i couldnt fit a 2cm fan it the box.Notua also has one with double size, less sound more air pressure...But ill go with the single one, with according reviews is very silent, i hope......

Will post the pictures later on, and in the ubox beelink forum....Last thing is really the sound, i hope it also fixes that.......

At mo123....I use the last firmware, in youtube it plays everything on default 720, 1080p only works when i click on it......Or is the resolution still 720...With testing yesterday i had this every time...

Comment

Ow and btw, think it impossible or maybe something exsists, is there an app or something on the board what can control the fan....Mine has 3 wires, but ill guess there is no control over it in any way possible?

Comment

Ow and btw, think it impossible or maybe something exsists, is there an app or something on the board what can control the fan....Mine has 3 wires, but ill guess there is no control over it in any way possible?
                          No, only if the fan comes built into a box like in Ugoos RK3288 UT3 or others, then there are also settings to control their fan.
                          But with your own fan, it can only be on or off.

Comment

Hi scorp76 / Mo and all others ,

i hope the cooling helps in the Future , some pictures will be nice .

With your YT Resolution Problem , if YT and Kernel supports 1080p

it must work , but Mo can maybe say more over that ???

The Fan needs not more then 2 Wires +/- , but important is it works .

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Hi Mo!
                              Thanks for your great work, Is there any news about marshmallow rom?

Comment

Will the new rom work on a smartron R28?

Comment

Working...
                                X