Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will include the auto resolution in a new firmware, so it's not needed to flash separately.

Comment

Hi Mo,

Been testing out the latest Rom (1.10) on the NT-V6.

Working well.

Bootup is fine (no funny coloured screens like before in past Lollipop roms)

I purchased a different IR remote of **** and it seems to work well with the box , as the stock one was tempramental on Lollipop (ie not responding when clicked right away) always been like this on Lollipop but fine on Kitkat !!!

Although the new remote works great ... the back button on the new remote takes me clean out to the menu bar on Kodi(NTMC) instead of just the addon im in which is a bit of a pain.

The new home screen is lovely layed out and certainly gives it a nice fresh feel.

Screen resolution is working great after the additional fix was flashed.

The only things that are not working is the Weather function on the home screen , and I keep getting (Unfortunately YouTube has stopped working) popping up out of the blue whilst on NTMC and idling on the home screen even though I havn't used the app at all.

As for all the technical stuff regarding sound ect. I am unable to give any feedback on that as I just use the TV sound via the HDMI (No AV amps or soundbars here)

Hope this is off usual info.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Comment

Hi Mo, any idea when a new rom will be released with the resution fix?

Does anyone know if and when a nougat rom will be available for the hph nt-v6?

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Romer View Post
          Hi Mo, any idea when a new rom will be released with the resution fix?

Does anyone know if and when a nougat rom will be available for the hph nt-v6?

Hi

I'll see if I can upload a new ROM.
          What exactly do you mean by the resolution fix again?
          I set it to detect the highest resolution available but can also set it to 1080p by default, I'll upload those.
          I think it still uses 720p by default.
          And I will include the latest FTMC Kodi, works very well.

I also plan to release Nougat firmware soon but it will take a while to test and see if I can get most things working correctly so the first versions might have some bugs.
          Eg. on new RK3399 devices, Nougat bumps up the Antutu score by over 10000 points compared to Marshmallow so thee will also be a speed improvement on RK3288.

Comment

Thanks Mo that would be awesome!
            I was referring to the auto resolution that had to be flashed separately.

Was waiting for a good stable Kodi as still on Jarvis and heard 17.1 kodi might have issues.

Good that the 3288 is future proof for Nougat. Cant wait!

As always thanks for great work Mo.

Comment

Hello!

2 Mo123, yesterday i posted an question about wifi off my beelink ubox, what suddenly doesn't turn on any more...Sometimes suddenly it was working, next boot again no wifi...I ran v 1.6 from this thread.Its a very annoing problem, if you wanted to see a movie and listen like today to musci....No wifi, is no music and no movies....Off is off and it stays off, how many times i boot it up, doesnt matter.....
              Yesterday i ereased twice the old rom, got message that he couldnt get in mask rom...Well did the usb in it, pressed the backbutton and installed it from there, then bootloader was found.....So installed V1.9.....Almost everything runs, no 24bit by 96khz audio still.....But i was happy, wifi also worked...............................Today, after 1 bootup, i am in the same situation, wifi stays off...Box without it, pretty useless....I saw in a few post yesterday that 2 other peeps here had the same issue...........Is there a fix or setting or something like that to put it on...I really have the idea the hardware is good, when it is on, everything works....What i see in the software is that there is no mac adress, no other info about the wifi, really off.Also some buttons are not function, because of the wifi what looks off...Bluetooth just works........

I hope somebody can shine some light on this problem, i was so so happy with mo's rom......Only powerbutton was not working, could that be related....Because switching off android closes things the way i should.....I have to press the powerbutton for 8 seconds, and then its shuts off, but not i think the best way to power it off..
              Where to go from here, as what i said.....Box is useless without wifi, but my knowledge from this point is nada...Or is it possible to get an hardware/software report out of android, to see where the problem could be coming from...

For Mo123, info today 5 times no wifi with boot, but 2 times i could just put it on in settings, connected right away...Other times the switch blocks when wifi is put on, and after 6seconds, it goes again off...pin or something.....I dont know it any more.....

thanks 4 the help, and the roms!

Comment

Hi scorp76 ,

did you already flashed back to stock ??? , sometimes this helps .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Hello Gefattern.

thanks for your advice....In short...Is that eares flash, like always ....And then, ubox 4k, upload original rom and install....In this matter, or do i skip steps....I only know that some part cant be flashed like this, thought boatloader must also be the same...Found this, but other boatloader, how to do that....LINK : http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....kat-442_1.html

But i have another problem, maybe flashing back can also resolve this, or could it be something else...
                  Today no wifi, so next to the android box is my tv box..I used the Ethernet cable so that i could use the android box.....I cooked a meal, wane watch tv...Walked to the box to take back the ethernet cable out of it..I pushed it back on the shelf in a instead reaction on the heat...It was super hot, Music player app was open, but not playing anything....Box stood there for a while, but so hot.....Pffff, i jammed out the power cable at once...And let i cool down....This is new for me, flashed yesterday from 1.6 to 1.9....Last few weeks because of the wifi problems i had the box in my hand for many times, never really warm even..But super hot at the base underneath..

Its now on my desk next to me, to see what happens, wifi is now again...working....But i will let it stay there for a while to feel if it warms up..Hardware is good, heatsink uses already for a long time better paste and is mounted better then before.In the past i checked sometimes the heat, it always runs very cool, stressed also...
                  think this last thing is because of my transfer to 1.9...Or do you guys think its something else...?

Thanks

Comment

Hi scorp76 ,

flash always the hole stock Rom , better . Did u ever open up the Box , take a look .

It is better to build a Fan for your Device to hold it in good cool . If it runs hot only

with this Rom , maybe something is wrong with it , you can try to flash another

boot & kernel.img (same Version of Rom) to look what happens .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

scorp76 Hi
                      You can try to perhaps flash Wasser's MM firmware.
                      I think it will be more configured for your device.
                      There are lots of clone versions of U-Box and also different board versions so it's a bit difficult to know exactly what works best.
                      This firmware is also clocked higher, so if you don't have proper cooling, you will get overheating problems and it can also affect the wifi and other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Romer View Post
                        Thanks Mo that would be awesome!
                        I was referring to the auto resolution that had to be flashed separately.

Was waiting for a good stable Kodi as still on Jarvis and heard 17.1 kodi might have issues.

Good that the 3288 is future proof for Nougat. Cant wait!

As always thanks for great work Mo.

I updated the apps, included new FTMC and improved general usage, stability in the new ROM.
                        It also uses highest resolution of your display by default, no need to flash separate files any more.
                        It is busy uploading.
                        There is just a problem with Google Chrome but I will fix that in a day or two together with any other small bugs.

I want to start on a Nougat firmware soon.
                        Need to get some more help first as I hit a small stumbling block in making such a firmware.

Kodi 17 has some limitations but overall Kodi 17.3 runs well, much better than 17.1

Comment

Thanks for all your answers!!

mo123 I have always much respect for everyone who makes these roms, really..A machine witch works better because off newer and better software, what gives the boxes so much more potential!!
                          But, too listen music.....and has 20 dropouts in 1 mp3, an then i dont even talk about flac files.....Is not really a good experience, if that happens 10 times during day, i can take it...But not so many times, with all respect really to wassers effort, this was for me not acceptable....Tried many off them, all had these dropouts, playing music..
                          Mo123, in this case....Your roms are much much better, with again all respect towards Wassers roms....

Only thing was the poweroff, what doesnt work really good...Again, can this also infect the box and software, by pressing the powerbutton 4 8 seconds...It drops dead, but can it damage it???
                          And Mo, i never had a heated box before that, yesterday was the first time..Yesterday also tested the musci app, because it could also be the app itself....But the box stayed cool, after running the app, even paused it for hours like before when it when hot suddenly....That was with the music app on pause...But after testing yesterday, gaming and playing movies....Searching in movies, paused it....And more stressing.....It stayed cool, touching it many times, but the feeling stayed cool....I hope it was just the app itself, rkmc reported 32F...I dont know how accured it is, but it stayed there all the time..

So i will keep an eye on it, but......The box in any case, running any software, will it switch off always in any case when it gets hot or......Do i take i risk....After yesterday the box isn't damaged and runs very good, wifi is working...I check the box yesterday also inside, will take a picture off it...

@ Gefattern, Thanks !
                          Uhm Flash the stock rom, back.....Is that another procedure then normal flashing to a newer rom....Like the link i posted before, that has another bootloader....I thought in that case the procedure is diffrent because of the '''drivers'''for the hardware.....
                          And yeas i see more usb ports, for a fan....But i will test it more, because it stays normaly.....Very cool, box is nice warm, but far from really warm at all...I hope it was just the app not the rom...But in case, how fast does this rom runs....These boxes where not running as fast as the manufactor posted i have read somewhere....1.8ghz without forced cooling was good, above sometimes gave problems , or not...Maybe revision indeed can make that happen...

Thanks,

Comment

Hi scorp76 ,

the Bootloader is a part of the Rom , needed for the flashing , it has the 2.15 because it is KK ,

you can flash the hole Rom with the Bootloader with Batchtool or Androidtool .

Cooling is always good for stable performence .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

New ROM released.
                              See opening post.

I tested Netflix, Youtube, FTMC and everything worked great.

If there are any bugs please tell me, then I'll see if it's possible to fix if not too difficult.
                              Please only test the new ROM since I can't remember all the changes of previous ROM's and a problem might already be fixed in the new ROM.
                              Last edited by mo123; 06-01-2017, 06:46.

Comment

the man !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X