X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt00011
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbonice View Post
    As someone who has android 5.0+ devices and android 4.4 devices, I disagree with your statement. Those older devices work exceedingly well for streaming with kodi. The distinction is that for my AML powered android 5 boxes, I have a plethora of kodi options. For the older RK boxes, those options are very much slimmer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Agree with this particularly for general use.

I own the once famed Minix X8-H Plus which still works flawlessly well on 4.4.2. I tried the new release candidate firmware for Lollipop today and performance was generally unfavourable along with other firmware bugs which still need to be ironed out clearly.

The machine still plays 99% of files I throw at it without any issue and is perfect for my needs coupled with the excellent FTMC which I have grown to love (which is on all of my newer devices too). Big thanks to Super Celeron and Freaktab for their continued hard work and support.

Leave a comment:

• Kodimailbox2017
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbonice View Post
    As someone who has android 5.0+ devices and android 4.4 devices, I disagree with your statement. Those older devices work exceedingly well for streaming with kodi. The distinction is that for my AML powered android 5 boxes, I have a plethora of kodi options. For the older RK boxes, those options are very much slimmer.

I think you misunderstood what I said...

Leave a comment:

• jimbonice
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk
    It all depends on what Kodi/FTMC etc are used for by an individual.

For many tasks they can all perform quite well enough.

It's when you get to the more advanced uses with new formats that deficiencies will be seen, many of which are the essential making of the SOC creators.
    Perhaps, but a fair guess would be that 90+% of users simply use it for streaming & torrenting.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    It all depends on what Kodi/FTMC etc are used for by an individual.

For many tasks they can all perform quite well enough.

It's when you get to the more advanced uses with new formats that deficiencies will be seen, many of which are the essential making of the SOC creators.

Leave a comment:

• jimbonice
    replied
    Originally posted by Kodimailbox2017
    I don't know anything about what devs like you go through, all I can do is appreciate the work you do. If supporting Android 4 is holding you back on FTMC Krypton in any way, I humbly suggest ditching it (at least for the Rockchip version). Between FTMC, MyGiga, EBMC, NODI, and CEMC and at least few others that don't come to mind right away I think Android 4 is reasonably well covered. Especially given how old it is and how cheap it is to upgrade to a Android 5+ device for Kodi. Amlogic devices already have tons of options that work great too, whats not covered at all is a Krypton based Kodi fork that takes properly takes advantage of Rockchip hardware. Even powerful higher end Rockchip devices are really feeling the affects of being neglected software wise.

Leave a comment:

• rvf263
    replied
    I thought I would separate my questions.

I love using FTMC. I use mostly on firesticks, some Android Boxes, and a Nvidea Shield. The problem I'm having is sometimes my backgrounds do not show up when I install FTMC. I was reading about setting the paths to special://home/ but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly set it up on a firestick. I don't seem to have a problem when using let's say kodi 17.3 windows version, then installing on a firestick, but I'm not able to set it up with FTMC like that.........Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rvf263
    replied
    Hi,

Is there an FTMC version for windows?
    Last edited by rvf263; 08-11-2017, 06:53.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Glad you like it!

Leave a comment:

• maccafan
    replied
    Originally posted by maccafan View Post

Thanks for the info. Will try this and replace MYGICA on my older CR11s and report back.
    WOW! Just WOW!

I am blown away by the speed and smoothness on my old RK3188 device.

I am going to replace Krypton on my newer RK3368 device too. Brilliant.,

Kudos and thanks to the devs for their time and talent. RESPECT!

Leave a comment:

• maccafan
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    Mygica is a beta build of 17.0(they say its 17.1 but is not)... and not good for rk devices well for me for any 4.4 device!
    Thanks for the info. Will try this and replace MYGICA on my older CR11s and report back.

Leave a comment:

• Kodimailbox2017
    replied
    I don't know anything about what devs like you go through, all I can do is appreciate the work you do. If supporting Android 4 is holding you back on FTMC Krypton in any way, I humbly suggest ditching it (at least for the Rockchip version). Between FTMC, MyGiga, EBMC, NODI, and CEMC and at least few others that don't come to mind right away I think Android 4 is reasonably well covered. Especially given how old it is and how cheap it is to upgrade to a Android 5+ device for Kodi. Amlogic devices already have tons of options that work great too, whats not covered at all is a Krypton based Kodi fork that takes properly takes advantage of Rockchip hardware. Even powerful higher end Rockchip devices are really feeling the affects of being neglected software wise.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    not a easy task i tell you the changes from the 16 to the 17 a big.
    I already have a internal alfa of the FTMC Krypton... but still long way to go!

• Kodimailbox2017
    replied
    I found a 17.3 Krypton based SPMC fork in its 8th Alpha stage that seems pretty stable, it doesn't have Rockchip specific love like FTMC but it still should be better than stock Kodi. Hopefully a dev as good as Celeron can fork it with some Rockchip specific love.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Mygica is a beta build of 17.0(they say its 17.1 but is not)... and not good for rk devices well for me for any 4.4 device!

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by maccafan View Post
    Better than Mygica? A Krypton port for 4.4 devices.
    Of course yes.

My mistake for not reading that correctly.

I would certainly suggest installing FTMC and trying it out to compare.

FTMC is currently based upon Jarvis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X