MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zippy611 View Post
    I think it is amazing how support and development on this device has exploded over the past couple weeks. Mostly due to community contributions, not the manufacturer or distributor. Keep it up!

I saw that another member had gathered several files for this box in an archive and I was inspired to do the same. It has stock/ported firmware as well as software and instructions for installing.

My Archive
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

bloodgnome's Archive
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...878#post573878

Thank you for this archive!

I also have one of these boxes and I tried to install the ported firmware, but it fails every time. As I try to do the restore part, I get the message "Cannot restore System -- mounted read only.". I have tried this with both SD-card and USB-stick. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Hi Lin gearbest

Did you request solving the YCrCb/RGB problem to manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by MH78 View Post

Thank you for this archive!

I also have one of these boxes and I tried to install the ported firmware, but it fails every time. As I try to do the restore part, I get the message "Cannot restore System -- mounted read only.". I have tried this with both SD-card and USB-stick. Can anyone help me?
        When you booted TWRP for the first time did you swipe the acknowledgement stating you wanted to allow TWRP to write and make modifications to the system or did you select to keep it read only? It would look something like this.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	TWRP-Redmi-Note-3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	577735

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply. I think so, that I did that. I didn't remember anymore what that acknowledgement was. How can I change that setting?

Comment

Ok, now I found it! It is restoring. Thank you again zippy611.
            Last edited by MH78; 06-09-2016, 00:31.

Comment

I would like to share my experience with the random restarts in the mxq pro plus.
              Early this week I have done the following 3 steps and since then random restarts have stopped.
              I have watched a 2 hour movie using Kodi early this week and a 3 hour Movie using Kodi last night and I can say that I had no restarts in both movies.
              Not sure which one caused the random restart to stop but worth give it a try.
              I still have the original firmware that came with the box.

Worth to note that I have uninstalled the kodi version that came with the box and installed the latest version after downloading it and installing it via the appinstaller.

1. I have rooted the box using the method described by finless here:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ll-s95-devices

This was done in order to install step 2
              2.Enable amlogic hardware decoder, method described by dtsexpert here:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-kodi-16-beta4

3. For $1 I purchased protection cushions and placed them under the device, this have raised the device from the surface to give better ventilation, see photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160609_072959.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	577756

Comment

Still pink screen ... Any solution Lin?
                Last edited by asmartin; 06-09-2016, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                  I make the Rom for this MXQ PRO + sucker....
                  Already in this and need Beta Tester then to bring some goods.

Regards
                  Neomode
                  Neomode, any progress on new ROM?

Comment

Hi Lin, are you there? ... seems to be X-File ... .. Truth is out there

Comment

Originally posted by asmartin View Post
                      Hi Lin, are you there? ... seems to be X-File ... .. Truth is out there
                      hey, we are having our traditional dragon-boat festival. so the manufacturer is on holiday. I got to give them the feedback next Monday. Also, that's why yesterday I didn't show up.
                      Sorry! Besides, there are any other problems other members find?

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
                      #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
                        hey, we are having our traditional dragon-boat festival. so the manufacturer is on holiday. I got to give them the feedback next Monday. Also, that's why yesterday I didn't show up.
                        Sorry! Besides, there are any other problems other members find?
                        Sorry!!!, I didn't know you were on holidays. Excuse me, Sir

Well, I don't know other problems. Maybe you prefer I collect other problems or issues regarding 0607 img and tell you later (or send a txt file instead).

I will contact again in a couple of days, when dragon-boat festival ends.

Have fun mate!!!

Comment

I am still experiencing restarts or freezes.
                          For example if i after some time of inactivity want to do something then it freezes.
                          Or i put it to sleep and then a cannot wake it up.

Comment

Originally posted by despiq View Post
                            I am still experiencing restarts or freezes.
                            For example if i after some time of inactivity want to do something then it freezes.
                            Or i put it to sleep and then a cannot wake it up.

Yes, same issue for me. Just now it is frozen after I pushed start button, and the only way to revive is shutting down and restarting

So let's starts with found bugs:
                            1. Pink/Green screen (YCrCB/RGB wrong selection output)
                            2. Freezes when stand by
                            3. No OTA update
                            More bugs?

Comment

from my point of view, whole stock rom is one BIG bug

Comment

when trying to flash TWRP using the S95 .img file I get an error from Rashr with

FAILED TO FLASH
                                Failed to execute /data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/busybox dd if="/data/data/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools/files/TWRP_VegasS95_Meta.img" of="/dev/block/recovery" bs=4096 2>&1

Comment

Working...
                                X