No announcement yet.

SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea.. Anyone heard about a nougat rom for this device?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakimzinho View Post
      As I say in the UGOOS Firmware thread, I've fixed this. After WiFi patch, the Color file is created each boot with the wrong permissions. Change permissions to RW-RW-RW- in ES Explorer and then the RGB selector works fine. It isn't possible to "lock" this color file as it is made at each boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakimzinho View Post
        You are expecting too much for a cheap device that was abandoned by the manufacturer soon after release.
        At least there is some hope and you can try to flash a different manufacturer's firmware to make most things work.
        For changing the color on boot, try a init.d script perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You are expecting too much for a cheap device that was abandoned by the manufacturer soon after release.
          At least there is some hope and you can try to flash a different manufacturer's firmware to make most things work.
          For changing the color on boot, try a init.d script perhaps?
          With UGOOS UT6 and WiFi patch it is an excellent box. No lag anywhere, Kodi streams 1080p movies great, only found SD sports streams yet but they were fine too. 1080p x265 movies play perfectly. WiFi is solid, no drop outs >1Gb torrents. If you don't need RGB fix this is perfect already.
          I am looking for a boot script solution alright, I don't mind selecting RGB with each boot but setting file permissions is slow. It's set_perm I think but I've never made a script before and now I look I doubt this is a "custom ROM" with init.d support?

EDIT: DONE!!! I used an app called "init.d scripts support" and set it to run at boot with 0 second delay. I made an "init" folder and in it I put a file containing:
          chmod 666 sys/class/display/HDMI/color
          Now it unlocks the file to allow the settings to access it on each boot. Sorted.
          Last edited by DanMan; 05-23-2017, 21:06.

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but I am in a similar bind and I am trying this for the first time. I have the 6.0.1 firmware installed and it is indeed horrible. I am trying to roll it back. The links listed above are dead. Does someone have a good link for me to pull this stunt? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lutherfetch View Post
              I realize this is an old thread, but I am in a similar bind and I am trying this for the first time. I have the 6.0.1 firmware installed and it is indeed horrible. I am trying to roll it back. The links listed above are dead. Does someone have a good link for me to pull this stunt? thanks
              I can walk you through the UGOOS UT6 v1.2 installation if you want! It's very easy, and if you don't need the RGB fix for your TV then it takes under 15 minutes total. (although I think the remote won't work, you need a separate one with a USB dongle)

Comment

Originally posted by DanMan View Post

I can walk you through the UGOOS UT6 v1.2 installation if you want! It's very easy, and if you don't need the RGB fix for your TV then it takes under 15 minutes total. (although I think the remote won't work, you need a separate one with a USB dongle)
                Hi,
                I know You were after RGB fix when looking for firmware but what else is UGOOS UT6 v1.2 better than the latest original?
                I got the box with 6.0.1 and only thing bothering is lack of HDMI CEC, everything else works OK. Does UT6 fix HDMI CEC?

Comment

Originally posted by siimuc View Post

Hi,
                  I know You were after RGB fix when looking for firmware but what else is UGOOS UT6 v1.2 better than the latest original?
                  I got the box with 6.0.1 and only thing bothering is lack of HDMI CEC, everything else works OK. Does UT6 fix HDMI CEC?

The UT6 seemingly has HDMI CEC but I've no idea at all if that's a hardware thing and the V88 just doesn't have software support.

Comment

The UT6 seemingly has HDMI CEC but I've no idea at all if that's a hardware thing and the V88 just doesn't have software support.
                    That's what i was after - You installed UGOOS UT6 v1.2, does it have software support for CEC on this box? Do You have CEC preferances on settings?

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...0-media-player
                      I have managed to have WiFi working without breaking ANYTHING on the ROM.

I'm working on making a patcher, which may be out soon.

EDIT: Here's the patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5...ew?usp=sharing

Here is my own WiFi Patcher, this does not break ANY of the UT6 v1.2 features. Yes, HDMI-RGB is intact (I haven't really tested though, since I don't need it) as the Kernel and Boot are not changed.

Requirements, and in proper order of installation:
                      -TWRP (I use 3.10)
                      -Update Busybox
                      -Init.d
                      -Install patcher via twrp
                      -Wipe Dalvik and Cache
                      -Reboot
                      -Profit

I'm not an advocate of spoon-feeding, I strongly believe researching on your own is for one's own benefit.

Best to use this on a fresh factory flash of the ROM to the V88. The patcher is compatible for both versions of rknand_xxx and the other.

Tested on v1.2 ROM, may work on v1.1 too.

Feel free to share to our 4pda brothers, but DO NOT FORGET TO CREDIT.

That's what i was after - You installed UGOOS UT6 v1.2, does it have software support for CEC on this box? Do You have CEC preferances on settings?
                      As of current, the UT6 ROM is the most feature-full ROM out there for an RK3229 device.

It's advantages based on experience and use of the ROM:
                      -A lot of features added to the ROM (although I have not tested each and every one of them)
                      -Working and proper Daydream (perfect for Android TV conversion)
                      -Working Framerate Switching (tested very briefly using Ugoos Kodi, I will still use RKMC in the long run)
                      -and more that are trivial

Disadvantage:
                      -the box can only detect 4 keys from the IR remote, and they aren't even detected correctly (to fix, the Kernel and/or Boot images needs modifying)

I can confirm that I don't have any settings for CEC. AFAIK, even the official 5.1 and 6.0 ROMs haven't got the CEC settings. You will need my patcher above if you plan to use the UT6 ROM without breaking anything.

There's another MM ROM that is fully compatible with the V88, with everything available (i didn't mention working since I haven't tested it, I just tried flashing it on the box and it turned on). WiFi and IR Remote working out of the box, and I did see that it has a CEC settings (if my memory serves me right), but I haven't gone far of testing it. You access it using its "own" settings app, not the normal android settings app. It is the XGody MXQ 4k Android, i tried the 20170407 release.

Currently, I'm using the UT6 v1.2 ROM with my own Android TV conversion and modification to the ROM, WiFI working, no IR Remote, everything functioning (afaik).
                      Last edited by Skanob; 05-24-2017, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanob View Post

I have managed to have WiFi working without breaking ANYTHING on the ROM.

I'm working on making a patcher, which may be out soon.

EDIT: Here's the patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5...ew?usp=sharing

Here is my own WiFi Patcher, this does not break ANY of the UT6 v1.2 features. Yes, HDMI-RGB is intact (I haven't really tested though, since I don't need it) as the Kernel and Boot are not changed.

Requirements, and in proper order of installation:
                        -TWRP (I use 3.10)
                        -Update Busybox
                        -Init.d
                        -Install patcher via twrp
                        -Wipe Dalvik and Cache
                        -Reboot
                        -Profit
                        Why do you need Busybox and init.d in this installation? They are always nice to have of course. The easy way to know if RGB selection is working is to check permissions on sys/class/display/HDMI/color, should be rw-rw-rw-.
                        I now see my own "version" of the UT6 v1.2 ROM won't run ePSXe or even SNES9X properly, but I see in the other thread here about the UT6 v1.1 ROM somebody else said they would not use this for games, I don't know why there would be a problem.
                        Last edited by DanMan; 05-26-2017, 10:36.

Comment

suite a un flash raté , j'ai brické ma box V88 mx4n v03 ,et , en cherchant a droite et a gauche j'ai trouver la solution,
                          si quelq'un est interressé par la procedure a faire
                          faites moi signe et je vous la donnerai

Comment

Originally posted by Skanob View Post

There's another MM ROM that is fully compatible with the V88, with everything available (i didn't mention working since I haven't tested it, I just tried flashing it on the box and it turned on). WiFi and IR Remote working out of the box, and I did see that it has a CEC settings (if my memory serves me right), but I haven't gone far of testing it. You access it using its "own" settings app, not the normal android settings app. It is the XGody MXQ 4k Android, i tried the 20170407 release.(afaik).
                            I tried the ROM and can confirm it works well. The Google Play Store for example works fantastic. There is no app you can not download. It is also possible to play youtube videos in 1080p. Unfortunately, there is no navigation bar any more with this ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhartmut View Post

I tried the ROM and can confirm it works well. The Google Play Store for example works fantastic. There is no app you can not download. It is also possible to play youtube videos in 1080p. Unfortunately, there is no navigation bar any more with this ROM.
                              Is there CEC settings available?

Comment

Is there CEC settings available?
                                No unfortunately not.

Comment

Working...
                                X