Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Yours....
    I just tested and this works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	590420
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Calam29 View Post
      would this firmware improve wifi performace on the M8S II also would i lose my Kodi setup etc.
      Doubt it but you could try. Kodi would be wiped out and Tanix build will be loaded.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I just tested and this works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n590420[/ATTACH]
        I am at work maybe its the change logo because that comes up in log files ok ill try that tonight and see if it make the differance in pack... It great program if dev took over and made some changes and updated for mm and windows 10 might become awsome
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I know Blues seen that it has wrong paths looking for some items so maybe just changing to have program see right locations for few things missing ?
          Just a thought....
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

DTB works if you do by hand. Not sure why tool doesn't work...it did in the past. I just used the command line to decompile and compile.

Comment

tool made for win7 and lollipop/kitkat so maybe things changed to Mm?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                tool made for win7 and lollipop/kitkat so maybe things changed to Mm?
                Are you running 2.0.8?

Comment

Yup..

Comment

First post updated with remote.conf files. report back any issues. I have never made a change like this.

Comment

Thank you for the mod Prahjister! This is a very nice amalgamation of Mini M8S II and TX5 firmware. I'm testing it on the Mini M8S II S905X. Just a few small things that could be better:

1. The installed Superuser doesn't work properly. Using TitaniumBackup most tasks i.e. restoring apps fail. If you install SuperSU v2.76 and have it remove the old Superuser everything works perfectly.

2. The WiFi on the TX5 firmware is less stable than the Mini M8S II stock firmware with Bluetooth disabled. (Bluetooth seems to interfere with WiFi on the Mini M8S II stock firmware. With TX5 firmware (and yours) even if Bluetooth is disabled the speed fluctuates a lot. Test it on fast.com)

3. My custom launcher (based on Minix) seems to crash quite often on this firmware. Nova Launcher crashed a few times while testing as well.

Overall I feel like the Mini M8S II firmware is the best but it also has some issues:

1. The screen brightness needs to be increased around 6 to 7% in the later firmware versions.

2. 20160805 firmware they disabled HDMI CEC as a bandaid fix for the issue where the language switches when you power off and back on. Removing features is a very dirty way to "fix" something...

3. Bluetooth interferes with WiFi performance (speed fluctuates constantly with it enabled). The WiFi/BT chip is either low quality or the lack of a proper antenna is causing the low transfer rate; you have to be very close to the router if you want decent speeds above 10MBPS. I can get over 30MBPS if I'm 5 feet from the router.

I think both firmware have problems syncing refresh rate to the native display Hz, at least in Kodi anyway. (I'll have to check again on the TX5 fw)

If you could fix the issues (even just the brightness) with the Mini M8S II firmware, port the root over and swap Superuser with SuperSU we would have a solid firmware for all compatible devices with the same WiFi/BT chip.
                      Last edited by atvbca; 08-17-2016, 02:19.

Comment

I replaced superuser with superSU. have not tried TiBu yet but now permissions seem to be working correctly.

Comment

Deleted
                          Last edited by atvbca; 08-17-2016, 01:49.

Comment

Ok pulled box apart. Room to put as external antena. The wifi wire was put into top jambed betweem metal plate and board. I carefully removed it and but it on the bottom of box. Will test in a minute if wifi/bluetooth improved ect. But seems easy mod can be done.

Comment

Apologies for my ignorance ... i am familiar with flashing Rockchip devices (have done it several times)

I have never flashed Amlogic devices ... so i went searching for a Step-by-Step Guide on how to flash Amlogic Firmware

Is this one correct ? ... https://www.entertainmentbox.com/how...-burning-tool/

Or ... if someone could provide me with a link or instructions i would be very grateful

Apologies again for being a NOOB
                              Last edited by JoeySmyth; 08-17-2016, 01:46.

Comment

My A5 has no power button as well.It was a trick to do. I had to push reset button than connect the power and usb cable at the same time then release reset button.

Comment

Working...
                                X