Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've tried to short the adjacent pins on the nand, even shorting each nand pin to the ground with no luck, any idea which pins to short? Your help is greatly appreaciated

Image IMG-20220303-223223 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Originally posted by wpra3 View Post
      Hi, I've tried to short the adjacent pins on the nand, even shorting each nand pin to the ground with no luck, any idea which pins to short? Your help is greatly appreaciated

Image Captu1111re hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Can you open these?
        https://ibb.co/gyrvb1b https://ibb.co/LvHTpZS

Comment

Originally posted by Shinev View Post
          try https://ibb.co/G0t8wWP
          https://imgbb.com/zh7KL0s

Comment

Originally posted by phankhanh86 View Post
            Hi, thank you for your reply
            I tried to short those 2 holes, even ground them, but nothing appeared.

Comment

Hi, thank you for your reply
              I tried to short those 2 holes, even ground them, but nothing appeared.
              short and plug usb port and power
              or pin 5-6 on emmc

Comment

short and plug usb port and power
                or pin 5-6 on emmc
                Just tried this, also doesnt work
                I think my box is dead, I even tried:
                short the hole + pin 5-6, plug usb download side, the power on

Comment

Can you give a cloce up only of the FORESEE module (the one in the red square)?

Comment

Comment

I do not know why you say "plug power", but the most common process is:
                      - Start USB Burning Tool. Load your firmware and press "Start". Connect one end of your cable to your laptop/PC.
                      - Your TVbox must have nothing connected to it. While shorting the 2 pins connect the other end to the USB port of your TVbox (most usually the 2.0 USB port-- but sometimes the 3.0).

To short the 2 pins you can use the tip of a small screwdriver.
                      And yes you should try pairs from 4 to 8 (ie 4-5 or 5-6 etc) or at the other end (continue numbering anti-clockwise) 28-29, 29-30 etc.
                      If I had the numbers of FORESEE (a better photo of it) maybe I would have been more specific, but just keep trying for each pair (carefully)....nothing bad will happen......

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

- Start USB Burning Tool. Load your firmware and press "Start". Connect one end of your cable to your laptop/PC.
                        - Your TVbox must have nothing connected to it. While shorting the 2 pins connect the other end to the USB port of your TVbox (most usually the 2.0 USB port-- but sometimes the 3.0).

And yes you should try pairs from 4 to 8 (ie 4-5 or 5-6 etc) or at the other end (continue numbering anti-clockwise) 28-29, 29-30 etc.
                        If I had the numbers of FORESEE (a better photo of it) maybe I would have been more specific, but just keep trying for each pair (carefully)....nothing bad will happen......
                        i try help wpra3, ...bye bye

Comment

i try help wpra3, ...bye bye
                          Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Hi, really appreciate your help!

Okay, for some reason my board is a bit weird.
                          It seems that most boards only need a usb connection for flashing, but mine is a bit more work.
                          I have to use the USB port that has "Download" written next to it, which is next to the sd card slot, hold the reset button, then plug the power.
                          If I did it correctly, I can see the device on AML burning tool.

As for the connection, I used USB A to USB C cable, and plug the USB C end to my laptop.
                          Please note that before bricking this device I tried to flash with atvxperience to this tv box.

As for shorting the pins, I've tried to short all the pins that are adjacent to each other. i.e. 1-2, 10-11, 11-12, etc
                          I have not tried to short pins that are far apart though, as it has a lot of combinations.
                          The procedure I used is also the same:
                          1. Plug USB download side
                          2. Hold screwdriver that shorts the pin
                          3. Plug in power
                          4. Wait a bit to see if it is recognized by the PC.

I also noticed that when I first try to short the pins, shorting some pin will cause a beeping/hissing sound (I do think its an inductor noise since the board itself doesn't have any speaker/buzzer). But now, the noise is gone.

Here's the closeup view of the FORESEE chip (Its NCEMASD9-08G)

Comment

it here

Comment

it here
                              Yes I tried that too, in fact I still leave the jumper cables that I used for shorting that 2 hole on my picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X