No announcement yet.

MK908/T428 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.2 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, lewy20041! Your rom looks interesting. I have a couple of questions thou:

1. Did you apply any of video fixes to your rom? From strauzo or phjanderson?
    2. Can you make your rom for T428? It would be great that users would not mess around with image compiling, kernels etc.

Thank you!

Comment

I will port it to T428 to but first i need to get it stable on mk908 then i will try to port it to other devices.
      Its much more modified than source firmware for k-42 and it may have more bugs thats why for now mk908 only.
      the kernel i used is from user hoabycsr so all thanks for fixed video should go to him.
      Everything is possible if we work together!
      ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
        I will port it to T428 to but first i need to get it stable on mk908 then i will try to port it to other devices.
        Its much more modified than source firmware for k-42 and it may have more bugs thats why for now mk908 only.
        the kernel i used is from user hoabycsr so all thanks for fixed video should go to him.
        Well, it's your call, of course, but I think the more devices you port your rom the more feedback you get. Anyways I'll wait...

Comment

Meanwhile, that lewy 20041 may make a ROM for Tronsmart T428,

Procedure for installing the ROM (MK908_HFW_1.1.1) in Tronsmart T428 : ( In windows 7 )

- upload, RK29xxImageTools_v2.1

http://dfiles.eu/files/8phgantp2 ( no virus, y tested in kaspersky )

- ROM (MK908_HFW_1.1.1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unzip RK29xxImageTools_v2.1.zip

1) copy the file "MK908_HFW_v1.1.0.img", found in MK908_HFW_1.1.1.rar

and paste it into the folder RK29xxImageTools_v2.1.
          ---

2) Rename the file "MK908_HFW_v1.1.0.img" by "wendal.img"

---

3) Run as administrator, the file "Runme.bat"

a window opens in DOS, click on 1, ENTER and a further button.

expect, when it's over( +/- 50 sec ) out, click on 3 et ENTER,

go to the folder "Temp", "image" and copy the file "system.img", in the ROM :

Tronsmart t428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.5 ROM ( 01-06-2013 )

\FinlessROM ( obviously replace the original :-)

---

4) install via Tronsmart t428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.5 ROM ( 01-06-2013 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS : the Procedure is no professional, I'm just a tester.

I use it for 3.4 hours no problem in Tronsmart T428 ( operates at 100%).

Comment

Moulin1980, thanks for the instruction for noobs! I'll give it a try soon.

Comment

Oups...

Sorry Moulin everything was clearly explain in previous post, and I did it and it is working fine thank you.
              T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Sarco, is right for those who do not know the program "RK29xxImageTools_v2.1".

what do you think of this ROM?

For me this is really the best.

Comment

Note on HDMI

I dont know if it could be any help but I notice something with my tv. When using tonsmart stock 5/31 with phjanderson in my tv image setting I have access to all control, but when using lewy20041 only very few option are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                    Sarco, is right for those who do not know the program "RK29xxImageTools_v2.1".

what do you think of this ROM?

For me this is really the best.
                    It look good, but I only test 720p from USB and mx play with a little stutter. But like strauzo when I start the USB setting is "connect to pc" but unlike strauzo the USB setting is in setting so I can uncheck then I have access to my usb memory stick. But I suspect it is doing something wrong with USB... I will test network and SDcard later... definitly more control in setting. With stock firmware I do not have any problem with USB.

Comment

sarco, have you tried MX Pro with HW?

the best player video, for me, is player natif tronsmart.

Comment

Is this rom better than strauzo's nexus rom ?

Comment

Moulin1980, I did according to your instruction and all went well. Quite fast rom i should say. ~16300 antutu score. I did exactly what you said and flashed Finless 1.5 with system.img replaced. Does it mean that video jitter and skipping frames problems are still there since I didin't replace kernel.img?

Comment

qkpham, No strauzo ROM is very good, I love his philosophy, because it is almost pure android,

ROM lewy 20041 = excellent and inovatrice

ROM Strauzo = pure and fluid

Finless ROM = excellent and ... it has disappeared

Comment

I guess I've found a minor bug in this rom. When I click "Volumes" under sound settings tab it drives me back to home screen instead of actual volume setting. Is it just me, or everyone has it?

Comment

bigND, Good question.

For me, the problem can not be just the kernel.
                                But for me, with this ROM, there are more problems with the video

To play 1080p video, cardsd int / ext = use native player or Mx pro in HW

To play video networks = use Mx pro in HW (MAX 720p video)

To play 1080p video streaming = use native player or Mx pro in HW or ...

To play video via USB = ntfs format does not work (just FAT 32)

Comment

Working...
                                X