No announcement yet.

MK908/T428 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.2 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divenet - it installs the complete system from the single file.

I love this ROM on my t428. 1080p is awesome. only thing I dont get is having xbmc install in settings. if you dont allow untrusted installs before using this the install fails and u have to download again. and is this the mx player version of xbmc (if that even matters)?

Wallbase crashed frequently too or did not apply image until after reboot.

so how can I have my wallpaper fixed and not be stretched over all the 3 home screens. or can i remove all home screens except the 1. I dont need more than 1 for a set top device?

Comment

the steps for installation are in the file you down? some guidance?
      I would like to install the 1080 version

regards

Comment

Originally posted by divenet View Post
        the steps for installation are in the file you down? some guidance?
        I would like to install the 1080 version

regards
        Yes there is an install document in the download - though it took me 2 hrs to download the whole thing for some reason its really slow.

You run the ROM installer tool and assuming your device is detected by the PC, you load up the provided image and tell it to restore onto the device. If you are familiar with putting other ROMs on from here its a bit different because its the entire ROM in a single file, but what have you got to lose. You can always go back to Finless etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Goosey View Post
          Yes there is an install document in the download - though it took me 2 hrs to download the whole thing for some reason its really slow.

You run the ROM installer tool and assuming your device is detected by the PC, you load up the provided image and tell it to restore onto the device. If you are familiar with putting other ROMs on from here its a bit different because its the entire ROM in a single file, but what have you got to lose. You can always go back to Finless etc.
          thanks, i downloaded the file (1080P) and try to make it tonight
          Regards

Comment

FYI my tronsmart t428 reboots when I start the antutu default test with this ROM

Comment

Divenet - it installs the complete system from the single file.

I love this ROM on my t428. 1080p is awesome. only thing I dont get is having xbmc install in settings. if you dont allow untrusted installs before using this the install fails and u have to download again. and is this the mx player version of xbmc (if that even matters)?

Wallbase crashed frequently too or did not apply image until after reboot.

so how can I have my wallpaper fixed and not be stretched over all the 3 home screens. or can i remove all home screens except the 1. I dont need more than 1 for a set top device?
              about xbmc.
              you need to check untrasted sources couse its apk and you not downloading it from playstore.
              it came from my server so thats why.
              you can update the xbmc with xbmc installer,
              instaling one new xbmc on top of another alredy instaled
              i am updating xbmc once a week.
              its latest nightles with hw accel support to play the movies with internal xbmc player.
              in next ver of my rom i alredy implemented advencedsettings.xml to play 1080p smoother.
              i will public next ver some time next week with bugfixes and new futures.
              Everything is possible if we work together!
              ApkFreak

Comment

FYI my tronsmart t428 reboots when I start the antutu default test with this ROM
                lower cpu freuqency or try difrent usb cable
                Everything is possible if we work together!
                ApkFreak

Comment

Disable mouse pointer

Thank you lewy20041. This is the best rom for me so far. I finally have a media center pc I can use. Is there any way to disable the mouse pointer?

Comment

HFW 1.1.1 experience

Hi lewy20041,
                    (to my greatest surpise) I was able to install Your 1.1.1 ROM last saturday night and I am playing with it since then.

I received my MK908 two weeks ago with stock ROM, but I was greatly disappointed by its low video performance. When I switched to 1080p mode it started flickering so strongly that I was forced to switch back to 720p. Also I experienced some reboots. Antutu reached 15612 though.

Your 1.1.1 ROM has greatly improved video performance. 720p movies are played without problem, 1080p movies have some frames missing, but it is barely noticable - not a problem at all. I was able to switch to 1080p mode, thanks to the stability. Antutu score has dropped to 13146, but I'm not really interested, because Your ROM is so much more usable.

Remarks:
                    1.) I found that my mouse is not working any more with the OTG USB port. Neither my external harddisk.
                    2.) At home I prefer using 3TB and 4TB external harddisks with NTFS. Unfortunately only 2TB harddisks are seen by the device. Is it possible to make the device recognize larger disks?
                    3.) My primary focus is on video performance. Does it make sense to upgrade to ROM 1.1.2 or shall I wait for 1.1.3 or later?
                    4.) Heat production is not really an issue but I experience occasional reboots after about an hour of
                    media playing.

Thank You very much once again!
                    Regards,
                    Szabczy

Comment

Hi, Lewy20041,

Congratulations! I will test your T428rom tonight, but, by all the positive feedback here, i know that it´s very nice!

Any chances of a built-in solution for the netflix problem in future updates??

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                        about xbmc.
                        you need to check untrasted sources couse its apk and you not downloading it from playstore.
                        it came from my server so thats why.
                        you can update the xbmc with xbmc installer,
                        instaling one new xbmc on top of another alredy instaled
                        i am updating xbmc once a week.
                        its latest nightles with hw accel support to play the movies with internal xbmc player.
                        in next ver of my rom i alredy implemented advencedsettings.xml to play 1080p smoother.
                        i will public next ver some time next week with bugfixes and new futures.
                        Thanks. BTW I don't mean to sound ungrateful - I am just giving feedback on my experience in case you are interested to fix. Its the best ROM I have tried so far

Another issue I had with XBMC. I had loaded XBMC and then hid the default Android bar at the bottom but XBMC didn't handle that very well. Even though the gui resized to take up the extra space, the actual click-zone for the buttons was offset. I had to click above each button to get it to work. No big deal, I just wont hide the android bar.

Also noticed that when using the picture table Daydream, it throws down a few photos and then slows to a crawl. Memory issue? Was using lots of lovely 1080p images from wallbase.

Comment

Mouse Zoom Setting

Hi lewy2004

Could you please check MOUSE ZOOM FUNCTION option in ACCESSIBILITY ? It doesn't seem to work at all.

Thank you

Comment

Re: MK908/T428 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.2 by lewy20041

Just gave this a trial run and am really happy so far. I am having an issue though.

Using Nova launcher, I am unable to load widgets. It keeps saying "settings have stopped." Perhaps something to so with the launcher chooser?

Tried wiping app data with no luck. Stock had no problem with this.

Comment

Another issue I had with XBMC. I had loaded XBMC and then hid the default Android bar at the bottom but XBMC didn't handle that very well. Even though the gui resized to take up the extra space, the actual click-zone for the buttons was offset. I had to click above each button to get it to work. No big deal, I just wont hide the android bar.
                              XBMC doesn't scale well while it's running so you need to hide the bottom bar before starting XBMC. This works at least with the 'full!screen' app I'm using (the nexus rom doesn't have the hide button). Make sure you have really exited from XBMC before hiding the bar.

You could also try changing the resolution in XBMC system settings after you have hid the bar. I have never tested this approach myself, though.
                              NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Nof sure if this is a problem with the ROM but I could not get the wifidisplay app working with galaxy s3. They did connect but I couldnt get the miracast thing to happen. Havent actually tried it on other Roms either.

Comment

Working...
                                X