Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no.
    its hardcoded into the kernel, so its not so easy to acomplish:"
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by BigND View Post
      Can't do that right now. Already set everything up and installed all the apps. I'll check this next time.
      Somebody correct if I'm wrong but if you reflash with the 'Update' option, your current user data will not be erased.
      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Molle, it seems that you have the same hardware and firmware as me. Do the CPU settings load on start up correct for you? Or it is common bug for HFW 1.2.1 on T428?

Comment

Originally posted by BigND View Post
          Molle, it seems that you have the same hardware and firmware as me. Do the CPU settings load on start up correct for you?
          Yes, on a clean reboot/shutdown at least. I just rebooted the device and the performance settings were correctly loaded. The app also briefly showed a 'success' popup on the screen with the applied settings.

I seem to remember from way back that the no-frills CPU control app, which is the one called by the performance settings, does not automatically set customised settings after a crash or other unclean shutdown.
          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
            Yes, on a clean reboot/shutdown at least. I just rebooted the device and the performance settings were correctly loaded. The app also briefly showed a 'success' popup on the screen with the applied settings.

I seem to remember from way back that the no-frills CPU control app, which is the one called by the performance settings, does not automatically set customised settings after a crash or other unclean shutdown.
            OK, thanks. The problem is on my side then. Will look into it.

Comment

cwm-backup doesn't work. although it boots to recovery, the android is laying on it's back with the belly open and a exclamination mark over it. also the menu is not correct,no backup/restore option available . btw. i used the same image file i use in finless rom 1.5.

Comment

Hi,
                First thank you lewy20041 for your excelent work.
                In my case everything works ok on my mk908 except for the performance settings. When i change the setting and i push the apply button it says "success!" but it doesn´t apply. The cpu clock it's always at 1.416 GHz. The only way that i found to make my mk908 stable is removing the case.

Comment

Still worse performance than my good old Galaxy S2 phone regarding movie over LAN

I have installed the V1.2.1 version. The reason why I try almost all the ROMs is that I want to watch high bitrate movies from my NAS. This ROM scores an incredible 18500+ on Antutu but still struggles play high bitrate movies over my gigabit LAN from my NAS. Wifi speed is around 30000 Mbit/s although my old S2 scores 38000. On 5 Ghz the result is much worse. My S2 plays the same movie with it's default movie player without delay and any freeze or buffering, although it scores only about 9500 (50%) on Antutu!! The movies recorded by my S2 at it's finest setting is hardly playable by T428 with this ROM. The device plays much better from a microSD card. My conclusion is that the bottleneck appears when we use the wifi and video together on full throttle. My old Rikomagic MK802III scores 49000 Mbit/s according Speedtest.net which is close to my Internet subscription limit ( it has no house since it's broken). So I'm wondering why it's not possible to reach that speed.
                  Although I have a gigabit LAN but my wifi-usb adapter can reach only 5000 Mbit/s on T428 which causes much worse movie playing over my LAN. Do I have a bad adapter or do you have similar experience?

Some experience with this ROM V1.2.1:
                  -freezes many times when downloading or installing an app
                  -if I close systembar ( in MX Player) it does not come back only after reboot
                  -XBMC is not stable freezes many times
                  - BubbleUPnP/DLNA works only with audio, wideo buffers a lot or simply freezes ( I used it because the DLNA was removed by Lewy I suppose)

Thanks for your great work!

-

Comment

Driver problem

I can not install the drivers on my new pc.
                    I have done everything i know.
                    Tried like 10 times and still the same. On my old PC that crash there was no problem to install.
                    What am I doing wrong??? In flashmode RKbatch tool cant find my divice for flashing.

Using Win 7 64

Comment

Originally posted by lukacszs View Post
                      I have installed the V1.2.1 version. The reason why I try almost all the ROMs is that I want to watch high bitrate movies from my NAS. This ROM scores an incredible 18500+ on Antutu but still struggles play high bitrate movies over my gigabit LAN from my NAS. Wifi speed is around 30000 Mbit/s although my old S2 scores 38000. On 5 Ghz the result is much worse. My S2 plays the same movie with it's default movie player without delay and any freeze or buffering, although it scores only about 9500 (50%) on Antutu!! The movies recorded by my S2 at it's finest setting is hardly playable by T428 with this ROM. The device plays much better from a microSD card. My conclusion is that the bottleneck appears when we use the wifi and video together on full throttle. My old Rikomagic MK802III scores 49000 Mbit/s according Speedtest.net which is close to my Internet subscription limit ( it has no house since it's broken). So I'm wondering why it's not possible to reach that speed.
                      Although I have a gigabit LAN but my wifi-usb adapter can reach only 5000 Mbit/s on T428 which causes much worse movie playing over my LAN. Do I have a bad adapter or do you have similar experience?

Some experience with this ROM V1.2.1:
                      -freezes many times when downloading or installing an app
                      -if I close systembar ( in MX Player) it does not come back only after reboot
                      -XBMC is not stable freezes many times
                      - BubbleUPnP/DLNA works only with audio, wideo buffers a lot or simply freezes ( I used it because the DLNA was removed by Lewy I suppose)

Thanks for your great work!

-
                      I have the same needs in T428, just to play heavy HD video from NAS. Even with Wi-Fi router in a foot away from T428 the speed is so bad that i never turn it on.
                      From the beginning i use only USB-LAN adapter. Speed test shows 80-90 Mbits\sec. With this ROM it almost enough to play 1080p video from NAS.

Comment

Re: MK908/T428 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.2 by lewy20041

first of all thank you very much for the amazing work. I want to know if it is normal that the blue light turns off after turning off the device from shutdown menu

Comment

yes. thats real shoutdown.
                          but have in mind that to turn it on you will need to reconect power cord
                          Everything is possible if we work together!
                          ApkFreak

Comment

Can anyone help me with this??
                            Need this rom on my device.

Please

Originally posted by strix View Post
                            I can not install the drivers on my new pc.
                            I have done everything i know.
                            Tried like 10 times and still the same. On my old PC that crash there was no problem to install.
                            What am I doing wrong??? In flashmode RKbatch tool cant find my divice for flashing.

Using Win 7 64

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
                              Can anyone help me with this??
                              Need this rom on my device.

Please
                              all roms have instructions so i guess you have already done it. i read somewhere that if something went wrong the old drivers needs to be physically removed (even if the new are the same) from the windows folder(s), not only disable/uninstall them in control panel,which doesn't delete them.

Comment

Can you guide me??
                                Windows/system32 In there there is no file after uninstall
                                Is there more folders with drivers??

Originally posted by tdriver View Post
                                all roms have instructions so i guess you have already done it. i read somewhere that if something went wrong the old drivers needs to be physically removed (even if the new are the same) from the windows folder(s), not only disable/uninstall them in control panel,which doesn't delete them.

Comment

Working...
                                X