Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Magendanz commented
      02-16-2019, 18:00
      I don't think that's the system status bar. Look like something the app is throwing up.

Thanks for the reply.
      I'm just a bit puzzled why the same app is NOT doing it on my other Android.TV box.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The app might have different behavior when running on ATV vs. non-ATV, or it could be a different screen resolution.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      But just for grins, you might trying setting persist.sys.control.topbar=false in the build.prop.

many thanks for this update, is rock solid in this time use after released, nothing force close app or random reboot, and my box is bad batch.

I use this box for all media, play files mkv and remux with apps SPMC and Amlogic TV Box tool with Auto Frame Rate, many smooth in playback, i use as a torrent box with Transmission, like one mini NAS with Server Ultimate, and is very very stable and a bit more fast.

One tip, this ROM have same problem of the other build date 20180706, the passthrough sound not run. But i can fixed this with editing of the build.prop.

Include this line
    media.amplayer.boot_vol=0.2

Comment the line 269 (insert # in start)
    #ro.platform.has.tvuimode=true

I tested with SPMC and MX Player and the codec AC3 and DTS is fine run, i not tested HD audio.

I include also this lines, more fast and better picture quality from jpeg files.

#Mods
    logcat.live=disable
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
    ro.config.disable_hw_accel=false
    ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.kernel.checkjni=0

this is run fine to me.

One more time, many thanks for all, finally this box is very stable

(sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Thanks, harckan!

I've incorporated the pass-through fix to build.prop as part of a "rolling update", so any new downloads from the links will get it. The update was also run through an older stable build of make_ext4fs that might correct some file contexts and permissions. I'd normally consider any change to the build.prop a "substantive" update that deserves it's own release notes, but I'm just short of time right now.

Comment

@ Magendanz commented 02-17-2019, 13:10

But just for grins, you might trying setting persist.sys.control.topbar=false in the build.prop.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to do this.
        But if it's easy enough for me to do, I would appreciate some pointers.

UPDATE:

After a lot of googling, I installed "Root Explorer" to try and edit build.prop
        For some reason I couldn't get Root Explorer to work for me.
        So I used ES Explorer to find build.prop....but I couldn't actually edit the file.
        So I copied build.prop to my desktop computer and used my text editor.
        Found and changed the setting as suggested by @ Magendanz above. (persist.sys.control.topbar=false)
        Saved the file and copied it back to the media box.

However, on reboot... it is stuck on the colored circles...have tried a number of reboots & power off with no luck.
        Would appreciate some help on what to do now.

Last edited by legnosecco; 02-18-2019, 03:45.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          If you replaced the file instead of editing it in place, make sure that the permissions are restored. Ideally, you'd restore the file context, but usually just running a chmod 644 will do the trick. Also, make sure you didn't the line endings or encoding on the text file.

Hello.

Is anyone able to play anything in official HBO Go TV app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dtv.production (from the Play Store) ? L1 or L3?. I can't (error 5.1) with L3. App activates, I can browse all but it plays nothing. I thought it would run with forced L3 widevine.

Fortunately it works very good in Kodi via addon (in 1080p) but I'd like to use native app.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Davvid; 02-18-2019, 19:15.

Comment

• @ Magendanz commented 02-18-2019, 12:47

If you replaced the file instead of editing it in place, make sure that the permissions are restored. Ideally, you'd restore the file context, but usually just running a chmod 644 will do the trick. Also, make sure you didn't the line endings or encoding on the text file.

Long story short.... (see post #1999 above)
            I was stuck on colored circles after many reboots.
            I then rebooted pressing down on RESET button.....and got the green robot with a RED cross.
            Tried this several times...always the same.
            Then suddenly I get TWRP come up on screen.
            I reflashed the OTA update again and all is good...did not lose any apps or anything.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            TWRP to the rescue! It has saved my bacon many times. ;-)

I just wanted to ask if anybody has a problem with ATV Remote app in the newest ATV rom. I can find my M8S pro+ and pair it with the phone over WiFi but it disconnects after a second and goes back to the screen with ATV devices to choose. Doesn't metter if I'm using phone with Android 4.4 or 7.1 - always the same. It probably means that the problem is on Mecool (with ATV rom) side.
          I had no problem with android remote on the previous ATV rom. Has the remote service changed in the new rom comparing to the previous one ?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            The problem is that the AtvRemoteService.apk for Nougat crashes without Bluetooth support, which this box doesn't have. Until now, I've been able to get the Marshmallow build of AtvRemoteService working on it, but it's been pretty temperamental. My guess is that one of the static libs wasn't installed correctly. (The new version doesn't use static libs.)

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Changelog (20190213):
          • Wake from sleep will no longer result in a restart. This was fixed in the underlying OEM firmware.
          • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
          • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20180806.102424.V0213)
          • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using omni-twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
          • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
          Known Bugs:
          • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but quits unexpectedly unless connected through Chrome.
          Download:
          Thanks for the update! There seems to be a lot of happy people.

No issue with the ROM, but I couldn't test it! I started up the bo, and discovered I no longer had any output on HDMI. The box still reacts to the remote controller and to pressing the reset button.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Was it the burn package or the OTA update that you used? Is there any chance you've got one of the affected batch from last summer?

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
          Hello.

Is anyone able to play anything in official HBO Go TV app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dtv.production (from the Play Store) ? L1 or L3?. I can't (error 5.1) with L3. App activates, I can browse all but it plays nothing. I thought it would run with forced L3 widevine.

Fortunately it works very good in Kodi via addon (in 1080p) but I'd like to use native app.

Thanks.
          Same here. Mine is L1, but i also got 5.1 error. I also hide root status to hbo apk with magisk, but still the same result .Error 5.1.

Very complicated to watch service you already payed .

Comment

Sorry, don't know how to quote a reply on this forum.

I wasn't clear. I haven't even flashed the ROM or anything else. I've just started the box as usual (well, last was 4 months ago...), but I had no video output. Tested on 2 TVs.

So my issue is not related to the update, and is actually off topic..

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I've had that happen to me with a couple of boxes. They just stopped working with no explanation. Sadly, the build quality on these things is pretty marginal.

So, managed to wriggle around the HDMI and flash the OTA package using the TWRP recovery. Couldn't get the default AMLogic using a SD card to work, and getting to the recovery is somewhat random. Tried 2 apps, the reboot to recovery does reboot, but after the Nexus logo, often the screen goes dark, and then no signal.

Installed magisk (hardly ever used it, just wanted an alternate way of rooting with hiding possibilities). SafetyNet level of basic by default. Trying to hide, and using a module to work around liboemcrypto did not increase the level/ctsprofile thingie. Might need to completely remove the (Super)SU stuff, as I don't need it extensively, and can reinstall it in TWRP.

EDIT: tried that, failed. It seems to behave differently, complaining about DRM issues.
            Last edited by sigdrak; 02-19-2019, 23:21.

Comment

Do you suggest that reinstall of the rom can help with the ATVRemoteservice.apk ? ---I've just tried using Burning Tool - it didn't help
              Could you send me active link to the previous ATV rom (Burn Package), please.
              Last edited by suarez23; 02-20-2019, 10:47.

Comment

So, from my last experiments, I think at least on my box, I have random failure to get to recovery. Whether initiated by an app, or through the reset button, I sometimes end up with a blank screen after the nexus logo (ie no video signal), and a non-responsive box (power unplug required).

As for my needs, no improvements, so I'm basically barred to use DRM-based applications. ctsProfile reamins false whatever I try with magisk, so maybe editing various fields in build.prop is needed...

Comment

Thank you for the link, but what is the password?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry, the file server got an update that keeps forcing a password. I think I've removed them all now, but let me know if I missed any.

I don't have experience on rom changing there's any youtube guide you guys suggest?
                i'm willing to try, but first i need to know

1 - how is netflix working in this version? what resolution is it playing?
                2 - Miracast still has a black screen on netflix or others video streaming apps?

Comment

Working...
                X