Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
    Hi guys!

Is Netflix still working for you? Mine has stopped working since yesterday with error code: tvq-pb-103. Nothing helps. Is it something with DRM again?
    Me too. I got error since yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
      Hi guys!

Is Netflix still working for you? Mine has stopped working since yesterday with error code: tvq-pb-103. Nothing helps. Is it something with DRM again?
      Me too. Work with the android version with a mouse :-(

Comment

OK, thanks mates. I thought it was maybe mine only. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Mine stopped working too I hope we get an another drm fix...

Comment

Dear Guest , in this ROM's setting options I could not find any 'Playback Setting' visible on the Setting List as in the first page screenshot. So this ROM currently cannot use any type of 'Auto Frame-rate Switching' ?
            Thanks In Advance

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't modified anything dealing with the framerate switching. It's the same as with the underlying OEM firmware.

Hi, I have question for Polish Mecool users. Did Ipla apk (TV live channels) stop working for you last week? I know it uses DRM and the problem appeard at the same time as Netflix problem.
            Interesting is that with the last problem (about 3 months ago) with Netflix related to DRM, Ipla apk worked OK. So, is there any way to force to work live channels on Ipla apk with fake Android TV ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
              Hi, I have question for Polish Mecool users. Did Ipla apk (TV live channels) stop working for you last week? I know it uses DRM and the problem appeard at the same time as Netflix problem.
              Interesting is that with the last problem (about 3 months ago) with Netflix related to DRM, Ipla apk worked OK. So, is there any way to force to work live channels on Ipla apk with fake Android TV ROM?
              As far as I know, previously it was a Netflix-connected problem. Now this is a problem connected with a certificate (from Google). That's why all DRM secured services are off - Netflix, Showmax, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
                Try this:

Comment

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

Me too. I got error since yesterday.
                  new stock rom was released a few weeks ago that lets you use netflix, not sure what resolution though: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...oid-7-1/page17

hopefully Guest will update this rom using the new image.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Working on it. I had to do TWRP builds for the new S905X2 boxes this weekend. (Someone sent me hardware, and that always gets priority.)

That would be great, if you'd prepare an update for us! Thank you in advance!

@all
                  A question into the round: My Android video setting is 4K 30fps (due to the audio receiver limitation here). Does 4K Youtube playback work for you well?! Any video I start is running only few seconds and it's hanging then. Only killing the app helps.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try this one: http://freaktab.org/bab6c9124f5b63a0

Same OEM images, but an update script that actually checks the build.prop on the system partition rather than the recovery partition. It will also allow you to downgrade.

Originally posted by cph666 View Post
                  That would be great, if you'd prepare an update for us! Thank you in advance!

@all
                  A question into the round: My Android video setting is 4K 30fps (due to the audio receiver limitation here). Does 4K Youtube playback work for you well?! Any video I start is running only few seconds and it's hanging then. Only killing the app helps.
                  thats issue with newer version youtube on this box, on the newer rom its fixed also you can use smart youtube app you can get it from and also plays HDR https://aptoide-tv.en.aptoide.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cph666 View Post
                    Anyone using Plex on this box with this ROM? I'm facing (network?!) issues during starting / playback of movies from remote server.
                    The box is connected via LAN and also the internet connection is fast (50 MBit) and nearly not used, but Plex reports connection issues and stops playback.
                    If you are facing problems with the official Plex app for ATV, try installing Kodi and then its Plex addon. I'm using here without problems, the official app doesn't run very well on this device.

cheers

Comment

Hi all, Netflix and mycanal doesn't run because the ID of widevine is blacklist. How fix DRM problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien55 View Post
                        Hi all, Netflix and mycanal doesn't run because the ID of widevine is blacklist. How fix DRM problem?
                        By buying a Netflix Certified device.
                        If you have root, you can rename liboemcrypto.so and get Widevine L3 back with 480p Netflix.

Comment

Isn't this box certificated? Out of box i remember had L1 winewine.. :/

Comment

Working...
                          X