Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone
    I have a problem with my box at each restart I must put it back in French because it passes if not always in Chinese
    Thank you for your help

Comment

Hi all and specially Magendanz
      Thank a lot for your great work.

It seems that all download link are dead. Is it normal?

I want to download version from 20170930 because i want to use remote google service ( it seems broken on the last one)

where can i find it?

Thanks

Comment

Hello all and thanks to Magendanz.

I use my old 515 Harmony remote with this box. The Mecool M8S Pro is known in the harmony in the database so I can use all of the buttons which are on the box remote.

But I would also use buttons on the Harmony wich are not in the box remote such as Play, Pause, Green, Yellow etc

In the /system/etc/remote.conf of the rom it seems that theses buttons are there :
      Code:
      [LIST=1][*]0x42  134    #red[*]0x40  133    #green    //没着到匹配的[*]0x00  131    #yellow   //没着到匹配的[*]0x03  140    #blue     //没着到匹配的[/LIST]0x46  119    #play/pause   //没着到匹配的
      So maybe the box can manage these commands from universal remotes like Harmony. But my problem now is how to configure the Harmony to sens these codes. In Harmony software you can choose first a device from its manufacturer and device and then configure buttons. Any idea of which device known in the harmony database I could use for these buttons ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jmdxd View Post
        Hello everyone
        I have a problem with my box at each restart I must put it back in French because it passes if not always in Chinese
        Thank you for your help
        "The language issue is a problem with HDMI CEC language detection, which can easily be turned off."

Comment

Originally posted by [URL="http://freaktab.com/member/82661-magendanz"
          Magendanz[/URL]]Magendanz commented
          11-26-2017, 01:35
          Old releases are archived here: http://freaktab.org/3~f
          Thanks but the release of 20170930 is not present (Or I am completly stupid.........).
          I found 20170730,20170825 and 20171001. Have you delete 20170930 for some reasons?

BRs

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I did it just to mess with you. ;-) The burn package for 20170930, however, is available here: http://freaktab.org/2c8959368617eb86

Unfortunately, in the Builds folder on my workstation here I only save the burn packages (.img files) and some of the OTA updates get deleted from OneDrive before I remember to archive them on FreakTab.org. (Each takes about a half hour to upload, and so I don't always have time.) Sorry!

Originally posted by [URL="http://freaktab.com/member/82661-magendanz"
          Magendanz[/URL] ]

Magendanz commented
          11-26-2017, 12:45
          Yes, I did it just to mess with you. ;-) The burn package for 20170930, however, is available here: http://freaktab.org/2c8959368617eb86

Unfortunately, in the Builds folder on my workstation here I only save the burn packages (.img files) and some of the OTA updates get deleted from OneDrive before I remember to archive them on FreakTab.org. (Each takes about a half hour to upload, and so I don't always have time.) Sorry!
          No problem.
          I will test it and hope that android remote service work on this version.
          Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I have tested it, and it does NOT play Netflix in 4K, posibly because it only has HDCP-1.x, and not HDCP-2.x. See my video for testing Netflix on 3 of my devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DogDnR7HrSE&t=150s
            Thanks for the update (and the video)!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamitis View Post
              Just got my M8Spro+. When I open it I see that Chinese forgotto put the reset button. So how I will install this firmware with burning tools without reset button?
              I'm curious as to how you would do this as well. Ive tried shorting the pins but no luck. I can get into the recovery by pressing 1 repeatedly on the control but cannot get it to come up on the Burning Tool. Tested the USB cable and it works fine on MXIII and original M8S boxes when i press the reset button on them. The burn card maker does not work for me but does work on MXIII & M8S. I am stumped. Guest any suggestions? thank you.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I find that shorting the pins works just fine. You've got to hold it for a few seconds, though.

Hi, been using this for few weeks now havent had any issues really impressive , other the the voice search which you know about just wanna ask will you do another update with reset working within the menu ? and also ability to update flash roms within the menu i did flash the custom flash via USB using the stock update OTA

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by cruzg10 View Post

I'm curious as to how you would do this as well. Ive tried shorting the pins but no luck. I can get into the recovery by pressing 1 repeatedly on the control but cannot get it to come up on the Burning Tool. Tested the USB cable and it works fine on MXIII and original M8S boxes when i press the reset button on them. The burn card maker does not work for me but does work on MXIII & M8S. I am stumped. Guest any suggestions? thank you.
                I do it by removing and re-inserting cable , tool first reports fail and then start burning properly

Comment

Originally posted by polpus View Post

I did just that because I couldn't stand how choppy the UI was at 1080p. Here's how to do it:

1) Open the Terminal app (enable it on Developer options or download Termux app)
                  2) In Terminal, type the following:
                  Code:
                  su
                  wm size 1280x720
                  wm density 213
                  That will give you a 720p UI while still displaying videos at full resolution (up to 4K) and it's much smoother that way. Note that it might cause glitches in some apps that aren't prepared for resolutions other than 1080p (Leanback Launcher for example will screw up the background image)
                  I tried this but it warped some apps, Kodi. How can I turn it back to how it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregoire View Post

I tried this but it warped some apps, Kodi. How can I turn it back to how it was?
                    su
                    wm size reset
                    wm density reset

Comment

Originally posted by Gregoire View Post

Kodi works and looks fine to me with that mod by the way

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_29090.png
Views:	289
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	690184 where i can find the reset one in this picture?i received it 2 days ago
                        l.e. i managed with the pins + and -,but no i have i new problem,i cant enter fastboot ,enter only in twrp.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Interior.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	690169
                        Last edited by leonktp; 11-30-2017, 16:29.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmmm...that sticker says S912. It can't be right. Unfortunately, I can't read the eMMC chip.

Originally posted by Rezzz View Post

Found AirScreen but has limits with annual subscriptions? The stock firmware had miracast and airplay available but when the atv update took place its missing? Anyway getting them back?

Thanks
                        Hi Rezzz,
                        have you resolved?

I need miracast.apk too.

Comment

Working...
                        X