Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spmc not work...
    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      And yet KODI 17.4 does. Very strange.

Originally posted by KAA View Post
    spmc not work...
    Disable amcodec and it will work.............

Comment

In my case, the USB or Card is visible in the File Manager but Kodi does not see it

Comment

hey. how to activate root? flash in twrp? installed supersu from play store and message say "su binary occupied". Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The underlying OEM firmware is already rooted, so you can type "su" in Terminal and it just works. If you want the SuperSU gatekeeping prompts, you'll have to figure a way to replace the su binary that's already there. (For example, you could delete it and try SuperSU binary update again, but I haven't tried that yet.)

Thanks. I did as i would my phone and flashed latest supersu in twrp. . Few things ive noticed, system sees the micro usb card inserted and with system explorer i can access files but using root explorer or solid explorer it see but wont connect. Checked all permission, etc. Lots of stuttering when using airmouse. Can't use remoteIME app to control device.

Comment

QUOTE=Magendanz;n666004]New build today, based on a new foundation. Let me know what you think!

%%%
          Known Bugs:
          Bluetooth audio performance is awful on my Sony headphones. This needs to be fixed in underlying OEM firmware
          %%%%%%%%%%%

First of all thank you for grate rom. Finally I have found good A7 rom for GT1 Ultimate.
          Then about Bluetooth audio:
          I replaced the following files (without lib64) with corresponding permissions and rebooted, then it works nice. BT.zip

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! If it's not fixed in the OEM firmware for the next update, I'll roll these in. Thanks for contributing to the effort!

Originally posted by jfive74 View Post
          Thanks. I did as i would my phone and flashed latest supersu in twrp. . Few things ive noticed, system sees the micro usb card inserted and with system explorer i can access files but using root explorer or solid explorer it see but wont connect. Checked all permission, etc. Lots of stuttering when using airmouse. Can't use remoteIME app to control device.
          For me also: I can see SD card in total commander and copy files, but cannot see in ES file explorer? Strange and air mouse sometimes stop for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by manvel View Post

For me also: I can see SD card in total commander and copy files, but cannot see in ES file explorer? Strange and air mouse sometimes stop for a second.
            Thanks Magendanz for your great rom ;-)

I have GT1 Ultimate and it works perfectly but I have the same problem that some users with my SD card (Sandisk 64Gb).
            I can see my SD card in the settings,
            if I format it as removable storage I can see it and access to the files via the icon 'download' but I can't see it with ES file explorer, Mi Explorer or Kodi.
            if I format it as device storage and define it as defaut, I can see it it and access to the files via ES file explorer, Mi Explorer or Kodi but I lose my internal memory !
            I tested this rom Android 7.1 and TV Android 7.1 and it is the same problem.
            I tested with the stock rom (7.1.2) and my SD card works correctly so it is not a problem of SD card. With the stock rom, I can access to my internal memory and my SD card.

Can you help me to revolve my problem, I would like to access to my internal memory (32Gb) and my SD card (64Gb) ?

Thanks
            taoktc

Comment

So, there were some changes to the platform.xml file on Nougat, but these are shared by OEM firmware (GT1_704N0) and the new ROM based on the T8X Max.

This segment has been removed:

Code:
                  <permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                      <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                      <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
                      <group gid="media_rw" />
                  </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                      <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                      <group gid="media_rw" />
                  </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                      <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                      <group gid="media_rw" />
                      <group gid="sdcard_all" />
                  </permission>
              And there's a new note here:

Code:
                  <!-- These are permissions that were mapped to gids but we need
                       to keep them here until an upgrade from L to the current
                       version is to be supported. These permissions are built-in
                       and in L were not stored in packages.xml as a result if they
                       are not defined here while parsing packages.xml we would
                       ignore these permissions being granted to apps and not
                       propagate the granted state. From N we are storing the
                       built-in permissions in packages.xml as the saved storage
                       is negligible (one tag with the permission) compared to
                       the fragility as one can remove a built-in permission which
                       no longer needs to be mapped to gids and break grant propagation. -->
                  <permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
                  <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
              So, has anyone tried reverting to the Marshmallow permissions?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                So, there were some changes to the platform.xml file on Nougat, but these are shared by OEM firmware (GT1_704N0) and the new ROM based on the T8X Max.

This segment has been removed:

Code:
                <permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                <group gid="media_rw" />
                </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                <group gid="media_rw" />
                </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                <group gid="media_rw" />
                <group gid="sdcard_all" />
                </permission>
                And there's a new note here:

Code:
                 <!-- These are permissions that were mapped to gids but we need
                to keep them here until an upgrade from L to the current
                version is to be supported. These permissions are built-in
                and in L were not stored in packages.xml as a result if they
                are not defined here while parsing packages.xml we would
                ignore these permissions being granted to apps and not
                propagate the granted state. From N we are storing the
                built-in permissions in packages.xml as the saved storage
                is negligible (one tag with the permission) compared to
                the fragility as one can remove a built-in permission which
                no longer needs to be mapped to gids and break grant propagation. -->
                <permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
                <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
                So, has anyone tried reverting to the Marshmallow permissions?
                Thanks Magendanz for your response. For information, I tested your rom under Marshmallow "[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 6.0)" and my SD card works properly with ES file explorer, Mi Explorer or Kodi. With your Marshmallow rom.
                I hope we are going to succeed to solve this problem because your rom will perfect for me ;-)
                Last edited by TAOKTC; 09-05-2017, 09:24.

Comment

Note that formatting as internal storage has always had some drawbacks, including losing access to internal /sdcard on the eMMC (which is usually much faster than SD storage).

There really should be no difference in behavior between Stock/Nano variants and the underlying OEM firmware (GT1_704N0 or TX8 Max), since the feature permissions (/system/etc/permissions) are unchanged. There are some significant changes for the TVStock variant for Android TV, but not for external storage.

The only thing that makes any sense is the change in behavior from Marshmallow to Nougat because of the changes to platform.xml above.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    Note that formatting as internal storage has always had some drawbacks, including losing access to internal /sdcard on the eMMC (which is usually much faster than SD storage).

There really should be no difference in behavior between Stock/Nano variants and the underlying OEM firmware (GT1_704N0 or TX8 Max), since the feature permissions (/system/etc/permissions) are unchanged. There are some significant changes for the TVStock variant for Android TV, but not for external storage.

The only thing that makes any sense is the change in behavior from Marshmallow to Nougat because of the changes to platform.xml above.
                    Thanks Magendanz for these precisons

Comment

Originally posted by TAOKTC View Post

Thanks Magendanz for your great rom ;-)

I have GT1 Ultimate and it works perfectly but I have the same problem that some users with my SD card (Sandisk 64Gb).
                      I can see my SD card in the settings,
                      if I format it as removable storage I can see it and access to the files via the icon 'download' but I can't see it with ES file explorer, Mi Explorer or Kodi.
                      if I format it as device storage and define it as defaut, I can see it it and access to the files via ES file explorer, Mi Explorer or Kodi but I lose my internal memory !
                      I tested this rom Android 7.1 and TV Android 7.1 and it is the same problem.
                      I tested with the stock rom (7.1.2) and my SD card works correctly so it is not a problem of SD card. With the stock rom, I can access to my internal memory and my SD card.

Can you help me to revolve my problem, I would like to access to my internal memory (32Gb) and my SD card (64Gb) ?

Thanks
                      taoktc
                      I found this problem to but with USB drive 64 Gb, Total commander does see the drive, I can copy files to internal SD. But I can not start a movie / music file from here.

Further smoothest till now.

Comment

Hi, is there a way to unroot this firmware? I'm looking to replace the stock on my Beelink GT1 (G912, DDR3), but I need an unrooted version because of my TV app.

Comment

Originally posted by wakko45 View Post
                          Hi, is there a way to unroot this firmware? I'm looking to replace the stock on my Beelink GT1 (G912, DDR3), but I need an unrooted version because of my TV app.
                          delete

system/lib/libsupol.so

system/bin/.ext

system/xbin/daemonsu
                          system/xbin/su
                          system/xbin/supolicy

Here UnrootGT1.zip is a zip I put together to do the above if don't want to manually do it. flash in recovery.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tillaz87; 10-08-2017, 05:08.

Comment

Working...
                          X