Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://yadi.sk/d/AaNjRSHi3NrjQ5 from 28.08.17.

Comment

Originally posted by tolb View Post
      thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by tolb View Post
        I just want to say "thank you TOLB ! You save my life :-) ".

In fact, I tried to install Supersu on my "x96 mini box" (from Playstore) and then... i had an issue with a boot loop.

--------------------

How to fix this ? (and reinstall firmware ?) :

1° Restart your "x96 mini box".

2° Immediatly when it boots, you need to take something (for example a thumbtack) to use the reset button of your X96 box tv. For information, the button is hide inside the "AV" hole (look the photo i upload to understand)

3° When it succeeds, you will be in "Recovery Mode".

4° Go here https://yadi.sk/d/AaNjRSHi3NrjQ5. Then, choose "Sdcard" and Download "p281-ota-root.zip".

5° Copy "p281-ota-root.zip" on your micro sd card.

6° Insert your micro sd card in your "X96 mini box tv".

7° In the "Recovery Mode" (cf. 3°), choose "Apply Update from external storage".

8° Search "p281-ota-root.zip" on your sd card and install it.

9° It will reboot....and then.... perfect, it's works !!!!!
        ------------

PS: I hope my explications could help some people

PS2: If you see errors in my english, say it ! (like that, i could improve it)
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Awesome info! Thanks a bunch @gamzone.
          BTW; were you able to root the device in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by MDashK View Post
            Awesome info! Thanks a bunch @gamzone.
            BTW; were you able to root the device in the end?
            With Supersu ? No, i was not able to root this box.

But you need to know two things :
            - When you start the "X96 mini" for the first time, the firmware is pre-root (nb: but i did not find with titanium backup the software that they were used for this root....).
            - When you reinstal the firmware "p281-ota-root.zip", it is also pre-root (because it is the same firmware).

In conclusion, this box is always pre-root...and you can not change that.

Comment

Originally posted by gamzone View Post

With Supersu ? No, i was not able to root this box.

But you need to know two things :
              - When you start the "X96 mini" for the first time, the firmware is pre-root (nb: but i did not find with titanium backup the software that they were used for this root....).
              - When you reinstal the firmware "p281-ota-root.zip", it is also pre-root (because it is the same firmware).

In conclusion, this box is always pre-root...and you can not change that.
              So, basically, all it must be done is find out the app the activates the root on the device, correct?

Comment

I found with SuperSU it says you must update and it's the update that bootloop the box.

Comment

Is there a twrp for this box?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nickzeptepi View Post
                    I found with SuperSU it says you must update and it's the update that bootloop the box.
                    Yes, me too. The bootloop came after Supersu need to reboot the box.

Oh really you found the software ? I did not pay attention before the reboot (and the bootloop).

So, what's the name of the root's software pre-installed on x96 mini?

PS: Someone know a custom firmware ANDROID TV for x96 mini ?
                    (Nb: x96mini = AMlogic s905w)

thanks in advance !

Comment

I'm also trying to get rid of this device. I came across this topic here:

I follow the steps, but it does not work to install SuperSu. Has anyone of you managed to install SuperSuS?

I'm trying to change product.model and ro.product.brand so I can install Teamviewer on it. My purpose is to edit the build.prop file with the program in the dwarf because when I edit it with adb pull and push the box becomes brick.If you have any advice on how to become, please share

Comment

Got this device 2 days ago, heating up to 80C. Using it with fan underneath, 50- 60C constant
                        Just wondering if theres a 6.0 firmware for thiis? Really appreciate a link, thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by MDashK View Post
                          Anyone knows where I can get a firmare with android 6 for this?
                          Or better... How to root this one?
                          Root checker said that it has root and Busy Box is installed, but DO NOT install SuperSu aplication and if you do... do not update su binary - I did - and I have a bootloop - so if anyone has FW .img for USB Burning tool - to reflash for this TV Box.., I would be grateful...
                          Last edited by sappy; 10-27-2017, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post

Root checker said that it has root and Busy Box is installed, but DO NOT install SuperSu aplication and if you do... do not update su binary - I did - and I have a bootloop - so if anyone has FW .img for USB Burning tool - to reflash for this TV Box.., I would be grateful...
                            Hmmm.. That's odd... I ran root checker on mine and says it does not have root... ?!?

Comment

This one said - it has - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.rootchecker - and I first did not check Freaktab for possible problems.., and Box is in the boot logo (bootloop).., so now I am downloading FW on this page - I see that in the package "170828" there is also "aml_upgrade_package.img" so anybody flash this with USB Burning tool - successfully !??

And for overtheating there is also very cheap solutions from from ****...

And I tried "aml_upgrade_package.img" with USB Burning tool - flashed successfully - about 4 minutes...and back to business..., so who have male to male usb cable - this is easier than with sd card...
                              Last edited by sappy; 10-27-2017, 11:29.

Comment

Image already added

Comment

Working...
                                X