Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just bought 3 of these devices. I find they run nicely but the box gets pretty warm and that's just being on over night without running any videos. There is only one thing that is frustrating me I'm hoping to get advice on. I changed the launcher to Nova as the default, but when the box reboots into the MediaBox Launcher first until I click the home button. Disable is not an option in Settings -> Apps. I have not updated or changed the firmware or anything like that.

1. Can the launcher issue be fixed?
    2. When I get a new box should I be changing the firmware? If so, why?

Thank you,
    TOG

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Closer to Xmas as more make the market (speculation only) 1/8 closer to 20$, who knows (ram will be in shortage probably go up)
      For the price and what they can do they are ok.
      Smaller TV will be ok...
      Budget Box
      hahaha,
      What do you think of X96mini software?
      Do you hava any suggestions?

Comment

At the time of testing it was OK nearly 2 months ago..
        A couple more have hit the market since then and doing ok I feel

I think even scooter2014 likes this unit again for what it has to offer.

A budget box, second TV etc
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ya fun device fast and smooth just works even Karl got one. The ir being able to locate to any place means invisible on the back of tv and remote works no issue.

another budget device that works well max 720 but some of us don' care much as long as it does the job.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnyxGuy View Post
            Hi, I just bought 3 of these devices. I find they run nicely but the box gets pretty warm and that's just being on over night without running any videos. There is only one thing that is frustrating me I'm hoping to get advice on. I changed the launcher to Nova as the default, but when the box reboots into the MediaBox Launcher first until I click the home button. Disable is not an option in Settings -> Apps. I have not updated or changed the firmware or anything like that.

1. Can the launcher issue be fixed?
            2. When I get a new box should I be changing the firmware? If so, why?

Thank you,
            TOG
            you must update the latest firmware, the new firmware support Nova launcher and solved the problem of online video playback issue!

Comment

Thank you jiangsai0703,

I have Build 20171009.10:49, is there a newer version? I've tried to update but it's saying this is the latest.

Nova is technically working. It is just the initial boot (or reboot) where it seems to use MediaBox. But after I click the home button Nova launcher works as expected. It's just annoying that you have to deal with it every time you start the box. I tried HomeSquare 2 as well with the same results.

Comment

Thank you jiangsai0703,

I have Build 20171009.10:49, is there a newer version? I've tried to update but it's saying this is the latest.

Nova is technically working. It is just the initial boot (or reboot) where it seems to use MediaBox. But after I click the home button Nova launcher works as expected. It's just annoying that you have to deal with it every time you start the box. I tried HomeSquare 2 as well with the same results.
                If you don't want to set it to each boot, you can specify the default launcher

Comment

Originally posted by MDashK View Post
                  Anyone knows where I can get a firmare with android 6 for this?
                  Or better... How to root this one?
                  S905W just only support android 7.1,the latest firmware support rooted!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Ya fun device fast and smooth just works even Karl got one. The ir being able to locate to any place means invisible on the back of tv and remote works no issue.

another budget device that works well max 720 but some of us don' care much as long as it does the job.
                    Why do we set up the default framebuffer size to 720P?
                    It is for it to be able to display and run more fluently.

Comment

Originally posted by jiangsai0703 View Post

If you don't want to set it to each boot, you can specify the default launcher
                      I do want Nova as my default launcher and that is how I set it. But the original launcher is persistently overriding and starting on "first" boot ignoring the default home setting. But only the initial boot, when i click the home button on the remote it goes to Nova launcher, as it should, without asking "Just Once" or "Always".

I wish I could remove the original launcher all together. It happens on all 3 boxes I have. I have not had this issue before on other boxes like the T95m.

Other than this and that it gets quite warm, I like it. The box runs nicely. But this glitch really annoys me.

Comment

I noticed a update via wireless update 20171202-0930 file size 214.28 Where would the downloaded file be located
                        the automatic update doesn't work, the way i did it before was to get the update.zip file and place on a sdcard and install it manually - but this time I can't find the file.
                        Image already added

Comment

Please I need firmware for x96 version 6.0 and firmware for mxq pro . Thanks

Comment

please can someone help me to unroot x96 version 6.0 and mxq pro

Comment

I do want Nova as my default launcher and that is how I set it. But the original launcher is persistently overriding and starting on "first" boot ignoring the default home setting. But only the initial boot, when i click the home button on the remote it goes to Nova launcher, as it should, without asking "Just Once" or "Always".

I wish I could remove the original launcher all together. It happens on all 3 boxes I have. I have not had this issue before on other boxes like the T95m.

Other than this and that it gets quite warm, I like it. The box runs nicely. But this glitch really annoys me.
                              Use system app remover for root from play store and remove oranth launcher.

Comment

Ok, thank you Jsassu20, I will give that a try.

At the moment and I sort of rendered one of the boxes useless by installing SuperSU. It freezes at the intro page after the animation. Doing a wipe cache factory reset doesn't help.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the firmware so that I can reinstall it? The link on one of the previous pages only has empty folders when I go in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X