Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello, I have an x96 mini and
    the tv box is connected to ZTE 660 modem/router [[ http://setuprouter.com/router/zte/f660/manual-2018.pdf ]] I have a pppoe account from the ISP ,
    in the pppoe app on the tv box, I enter user+pass ... it shows "connected" . it gets an IP address ( shown in about menu )
    e.g. look in about: shows ip address 79.113.34.35
    but it does not browse internet or google play ... also, in settings- network - ethernet - shows not connected ...
    wifi is off. does anyone have an answer for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsassu20

No, you don't need a superuser program with this firmware. The su binary is present in /system/bin and all root requests are granted by default so there is no need to have one unless you would like to have more control over the privilege requests of certain programs.

It took me 2 days to realize what exactly was going on because I've never come across an Android firmware which had the ability to just grant root permission by default. I was under the impression that root access could only be achieved with a combination of an su binary in a system path along with a superuser app to delegate root access. If you want to use SuperSU, the only method I managed to get to work was by just downloading SuperSU from the play store and NOT updating the SU Binary when SuperSU starts up each time. If you update the binary you will end up with a boot loop after restarting the box. If you just ignore the update request each time SuperSU starts, then it will be able to handle the privilege requests but I have found issues with some apps where they fail to detect root. If I don't use a superuser app then those apps that had issues will work fine. The only solution I've managed to come up with for having root and a normal functioning superuser app was to install Kingroot which will report they system as being rooted with issues, then click fix root and use KingUser from that point.

In the end I just decided to reset the device and use it without a superuser app and Its been flawless the entire time. Also, I have the 1GB/8GB variant and I found that if I enable th option to disable background processes from developer options and set the process limit option to 0 then the system performs flawlessly... I took it a step further by using a 64 GB usb drive and adopting 80% of the storage to use as internal storage (done with Root Essentials app from PlayStore) and then I used the app "Swapper" to create a 2GB swap file with the remaining 20% of the USB storage and now this damn thing is performing like its a top of the line product. I highly recommend everyone to try it out if you're having performance issues.!
      Hi, can I use wireless gamepad with this box? Can I remove the kd player and replace it with Kodi?

Sent from my TECNO-W3 using Tapatalk

Comment

hello guys ! i would like to know if it s possible to duplicate a firmware already installed on my x96 mini wich is already worked before trying to instal wrong updates...
        have you any procedure to do this ? thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Madosan View Post
          hello guys ! i would like to know if it s possible to duplicate a firmware already installed on my x96 mini wich is already worked before trying to instal wrong updates...
          have you any procedure to do this ? thank you for your help
          if is a recovery backup just enter in the recovery and restore it.
          if is an official firmware (so, you will flash the "clean firmware" as when you bought), you need the IMG file of the firmware, usb burning tool and a Male-Male USB A cable (one side to the pc the other one to the TV Box (use the port closer to HDMI Port)

Comment

No, I would like to duplicate the flashed firmware which is actually in the x96 Mimi i bought to protect it before I make a wrong update or manipulation. Just like it was a original firmware but it is not. Thanks a lot for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by Madosan View Post
              No, I would like to duplicate the flashed firmware which is actually in the x96 Mimi i bought to protect it before I make a wrong update or manipulation. Just like it was a original firmware but it is not. Thanks a lot for your answer
              Flash the recovery (the one for S905) works.
              then reboot in the new recovery and perform a backup on sd/usb

Comment

Originally posted by xanadu89897 View Post

You're supposed to backup your remote.conf file in your root /system/etc directory before flashing? Then copy back the backup file into the same location replacing that one in your updated ROM?

A question, how did you manage to flash the ROM intended for another device(Mecool M8S Pro W) on your X96 Mini? Doesn't the burning tool/recovery zip updater check for device signatures/ID before flashing as a security measure?
                When i tried it from recovery it failed indeed. when i did it through the USB Burning tool i had to retry 3 / 4 times before it continued.....
                Home Cinema Setup Livingroom:
                50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
                32" Philips LCD -
                KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

[QUOTE=Danymally;n698381]

then reboot in the new recovery and perform a backup on sd/usb[/QUOTE

Thank to danymally for trying to help me to find a solution to my preoccupation.
                  but....
                  I don’t understand “Recovery” neither “Reboot in the new recovery “. , could you be more explicit please ?
                  i don’t want to flash anything yet, I just want to read and protect my x96 mini just like she is now because she works very well.
                  and perhaps , later, she doesn’t work for any reason and I then, I would like to be able to repaer it whit my copy.
                  Sorry , i am very long to understand .....

Comment

Originally posted by Danymally

then reboot in the new recovery and perform a backup on sd/usb
                    Can you give link of recovery that is working on X96 mini.
                    The one I found from searching is stuck at boot screen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RmatriX1218 View Post
                      Can you give link of recovery that is working on X96 mini.
                      The one I found from searching is stuck at boot screen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
                      OK...got here...in case someone wants...
                      Discontinued Hello, this thread is for our Android TV Box (AMLOGIC S905w, X96mini, Tanix TX3mini). Here I would like to collect all related firmwares, recoveries, updates, information etc. and discuss with you. I spent a couple of days working...

Comment

Hello guys, Im kind of new here and like most of newbies Im beginning from problem O_O I am owner of that TV Box and of course I made a mistake like many of you did.. I installed Super Su and updated the libraries which end up wit bootloop.. At that time I knew Im gonna have to flash new firmware probably but I have first entered the recovery and make a total cleanup of data. Then I have found stock ROM (I guess, the guy said its from this model). Download Burning Tool.. Plug the USB male cable, reset in AV port and everything went good until... I pushed Start and error occur at 2% saying something about USB and something. I tried few times on different ports and PC (unfortunately both are Win 10).

Then I tried if it will go with Erase bootloader, and Erase flash unchecked and it went till 100% successful (at least I knew its not a problem with USB) but from that moment the box remains DEAD Red Light shows as soon as I plug power source. Cannot access recovery anymore, PC and burning tool do not recognise the box and there no screen on TV. It's really dead.

The only solution last I think is short pin but that box has a new Samsung flash which looks like IC chip (no visible legs, only some small dots on sides). Anyone knows how to do that? Please

Comment

Originally posted by LeXXoZ View Post

When i tried it from recovery it failed indeed. when i did it through the USB Burning tool i had to retry 3 / 4 times before it continued.....
                          You don't need to use the USB Burning Tool to detect your X96 mini box. After installing the Amlogic Worldcup drivers, just turn on your tv box and wait for it to boot up in around 30secs. Then plug the USB cable connecting your box to your PC. If it detects your box, it'll show up in your PC being recognized allowing you to access its storage like you would with your Android phone. If it doesn't show up, forget about using the burning tool, there is no chance it'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by RmatriX1218 View Post

OK...got here...in case someone wants...
                            https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-mini-t3718658
                            That guy who posted there claiming he successfully flashed his X96 Mini with the Tanix TX3 Dual boot is blatantly LYING!

I have a few X96 Mini sitting around so I decided to try the official dual boot ROM (.img) from Tanix. After flashing successfully with the Amlogic burning tool, my X96 Mini BRICKED real bad and all it shows on the TV after turning the unit ON was just a BLACK screen! I'm very certain because I downloaded the firmware source twice just to make sure.

Fortunately, I was well prepared and had the latest official stock rom in (.img) as backup, reflashed the X96 Mini again and got it revived saving me from ending my unit up as an expensive brick.

You can't trust posts on the internet these days, many trolls around attempting to cause people to brick their boxes. Manufacturers are not stupid that despite their models share similar design and same specs, allow their rivals to cross flash their hardware with their firmwares stealing their hard work. Yes, you have the same chipsets and hardware but they have different batches of MAC IDs and keys hardcoded in them allowing the firmware to be applied to a certain brand/model.

Would a manufacturer say Tanix who invested so much in developing the dual boot Android/LibreElec firmware, allow their competitors Mecool or Beelink to steal their hard work and enjoy breeze sales of their cheaper units by allowing their models to be cross flashed? Of course not, people will not buy your box but go for a cheaper model instead.

I'm doing a favour posting this to warn others and saving them all the trouble getting your box bricked. Why are my posts having needed to be approved every time and delayed already hints that protectionism exists.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG7 View Post
                              Hello guys, Im kind of new here and like most of newbies Im beginning from problem O_O I am owner of that TV Box and of course I made a mistake like many of you did.. I installed Super Su and updated the libraries which end up wit bootloop.. At that time I knew Im gonna have to flash new firmware probably but I have first entered the recovery and make a total cleanup of data. Then I have found stock ROM (I guess, the guy said its from this model). Download Burning Tool.. Plug the USB male cable, reset in AV port and everything went good until... I pushed Start and error occur at 2% saying something about USB and something. I tried few times on different ports and PC (unfortunately both are Win 10).

Then I tried if it will go with Erase bootloader, and Erase flash unchecked and it went till 100% successful (at least I knew its not a problem with USB) but from that moment the box remains DEAD Red Light shows as soon as I plug power source. Cannot access recovery anymore, PC and burning tool do not recognise the box and there no screen on TV. It's really dead.

The only solution last I think is short pin but that box has a new Samsung flash which looks like IC chip (no visible legs, only some small dots on sides). Anyone knows how to do that? Please
                              This is exactly what had happened to my unit after attempting to flash my X96 Mini with another competitor's model firmware with same specs/chipset. The red light turns on with a black screen on your TV. Download the OFFICIAL firmware (.img) from ONLY the manufacturer's thread and stop listening to advises made by random trolls.

Original X96 Mini Manufacturer ROM:

You MUST use the (.img) file which is around 1.4GB in size.It is named "aml_upgrade_package.img". Plug in your USB cable directly to a USB port on your PC's motherboard not an extended one on your PC's casing(usually in front of the casing for convenience). Use a good branded USB cable as short as possible with good connectors to ensure enough power.

Comment

Hi forum

x96 mini 1GB/8GB model here with Android Nougat.

I can't get the standard IR to work... there is not even a remote option in the Android settings. So I'm really curious if it's a hardware-issue or if it's an Android issue.

I checked the .conf file in /etc, changed 0 and 1 switches from hard- to software and back, reboots but no dice. The batteries are fine, and the IR LED is blinking when I watch it through some smartphone cam -- so yes I checked that, too.

Any help would be appreciated,

xtraa

Comment

Working...
                                X