Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! I can not update the system of the Rom Android TV 20171030 to the latest Rom Android TV 20180126 and I can not return to the Rom Stock 20171030, TWRP gives me the Error Code 7.

Comment

Originally posted by saneffas View Post
      Hi,

So if I get the box new out of the box, I install the firmware (20180126.191102.V0928) from the update aplication, right?
      Firmware in a usb stick and update from file. right?

Thank you very much.
      That’s what I did and it worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by red dwarf View Post

That’s what I did and it worked for me.
        Thanks mate!

Comment

Hi ,
          I just got the mecool m8s pro w Android TV version - Is there any way to remove root permissions? I have a few applications that won't run when device is rooted.
          Best regards,
          Honore

Comment

hey,
            i just bought a m8s pro w and still waiting to arrive...
            in the meanwhile i was looking at ways that chromecast support could be emulated and i found this app called airscreen
            google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n&hl=en_GB
            i tested it with my phone and it does what it says! not just a screen mirror like some apps but a full chromecast emulator that can run as a service
            the app does not seem to have a landscape mode, but forcing it to go landscape using 'Ultimate Rotation Control' from the playstore allows it to display landscape
            can anyone test it if it works with the box? this would be a work around for the bug

Comment

Originally posted by letmestream
              hey,
              i just bought a m8s pro w and still waiting to arrive...
              in the meanwhile i was looking at ways that chromecast support could be emulated and i found this app called airscreen
              google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n&hl=en_GB
              i tested it with my phone and it does what it says! not just a screen mirror like some apps but a full chromecast emulator that can run as a service
              the app does not seem to have a landscape mode, but forcing it to go landscape using 'Ultimate Rotation Control' from the playstore allows it to display landscape
              can anyone test it if it works with the box? this would be a work around for the bug
              I tried it with the box and its works! The landscape mode works no need of extra APP to force its, on gaming it has some delay but works ok! Thanks man!! i think This is the best workaround for that annoying bug

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
                I tried it with the box and its works! The landscape mode works no need of extra APP to force its, on gaming it has some delay but works ok! Thanks man!! i think This is the best workaround for that annoying bug

good to hear that supports landscape mode!
                for gaming did you download the google home app?
                i will probably not play any games, so i wont bother installing the google home app as the chromecast emulator works just fine to send media
                @Magendanz any chance of integrating this app on the rom to solve the cast issues?

Comment

Hi, prime video amazon is not working Able to play the trailers but main is getting unable to play message. I am using Nvidia Amazon prime video TV app. Stock android app crashes while playing

Comment

Damn...turns out that, according to drm info, i have widevine L3. That must be why im not able to get netflix working... or not. If everyone but a couple of users are able to user the netflix app it must be down to our units. Mine suffered a bad flash and bricked and i had to short the pins in the MB in order to reflash the firmware. Maybe something got lost in the way. Time to sell the box i guess.

Comment

Amazon Prime Video have a force close when i play any video and i don't know why, anyone have Prime Video app working?

Comment

Originally posted by edina View Post
                        Damn...turns out that, according to drm info, i have widevine L3. That must be why im not able to get netflix working... or not. If everyone but a couple of users are able to user the netflix app it must be down to our units. Mine suffered a bad flash and bricked and i had to short the pins in the MB in order to reflash the firmware. Maybe something got lost in the way. Time to sell the box i guess.
                        Does your M8S wake up from sleep normally? It was reported that the sleep mode problem was fixed in version 2018.01.26 but I still have to reset the unit after it goes into sleep mode.

Comment

This version as a bug on the homescreen apps when i activate displaying by most recent after Turn off the box and Turn on again the option is turned of

Comment

Hi. I need the original factory firmware for this tvbox in * img format. Can anyone help me here?

Comment

Originally posted by edina
                              Oficial Netflix app works here have you try to wipe Dalvik cache data and flash tough twrp ROM again?

Comment

I tried installing rss player. The app keep crashing on loading. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X