Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot get around setup remote my remote is different then the one in the picture I press - and Ok but it cannot detect it?

Comment

Originally posted by martybg View Post
      I cannot get around setup remote my remote is different then the one in the picture I press - and Ok but it cannot detect it?
      Do you have the Bluetooth remote?
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Some have skipped that step by linking with their mobile phone.

Comment

how can i do that

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Some have skipped that step by linking with their mobile phone.

Comment

https://mega.nz/#!lJ4GXabD!DDHIu0xLW...evs5dmsP0KTVHs try this link?this is a twrp back up of my mecool m8s pro l box.it is for those who have sticker on the back of the box with LB on the end only!it may not be compatible with boxes with older firmware.use at your own risk.
            You are my hero, thank you so much! My box is working perfectly again! Wifi AND Bluetooth are working as expected. After restoring the Image I performed a system wipe (factory reset) in twrp. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Comment

How did you activate it with remote or?

It asks me to press - and Ok to activate remote and I cannot get past it also which Rom you had installed before that? And what kind of remote do you have can you post picture?

Originally posted by zuiou View Post

You are my hero, thank you so much! My box is working perfectly again! Wifi AND Bluetooth are working as expected. After restoring the Image I performed a system wipe (factory reset) in twrp. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Comment

1. Previously I had magendaz SCV2-ATV-A7.1.2-M8S_PRO_L installed.
                2. Place the unzipped revovery that supermal provided on your sdcard
                3. In your rom boot to recovery via terminal by typing "reboot recovery"
                4. in twrp select restore backup
                5. select storage (your sdcard)
                6. select the folder containing the backup
                7. hit restore button
                8. after completion do a factory reset in twrp
                9. reboot to system.
                -----------------------------
                I have a m8s with voice enabled bluetooth remote
                The initial pairing with the remote worked just out of the box
                for convinience i connected mouse and keyboard though (remember the remote is hybrid bt + ir) so you will need to point the remote at the device!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180426_093512.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	722330
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alloy1124 View Post

Thank you so much for sharing this backup. I restored boot logo and system from twrp , I got bluetooth worked, but wifi still does not work. somebody know why?
                  mecool/videostrong have changed the wifi chip on the newest supply of the m8spro l.this has caused problems for many of us because they failed to make anybody aware of the change.so custom firmware made for previous version is not compatible with latest version.for example the wifi wont work because the wifi module in the newest boxes is different.so basically depends on what box you have.the newest boxes have sticker on the back that has letter B at the end.i am assuming these are the ones with the new wifi chip.on top of that there is no firmware download for the newest boxes and no support from mecool/videostrong.glad i was able to help.can you tell me the version of twrp that you used?

Comment

Great thanks!! Can you tell us how did you install TWRP first without removing the OEM Firmware in order for you to back it up, I have second device coming and I want to install TWRP to backup everything?

EDIT: Also its a RAR file, are you sure that this was backed up using TWRP, did you rename the file or something?

Could it be backed up using the original recovery or no?

just remembered that developer Magendez made a signed version of twrp for the m8spro that installed very easily using the update app that is installed on the box.as far as i know he has not done one that works with the m8sprol but it is possible maybe in the future.these boxes make things hard for back up and recovery.anyway here is a usefull link to some rom versions and terp back ups that may come in handy.http://freaktab.org/folder/28/q20x

Comment

glad you got your box restored.what twrp version did you use?

Comment

I used the one bundled with the rom in this thread : TWRP 3.2.1-0

Comment

mecool/videostrong have changed the wifi chip on the newest supply of the m8spro l.this has caused problems for many of us because they failed to make anybody aware of the change.so custom firmware made for previous version is not compatible with latest version.for example the wifi wont work because the wifi module in the newest boxes is different.so basically depends on what box you have.the newest boxes have sticker on the back that has letter B at the end.i am assuming these are the ones with the new wifi chip.on top of that there is no firmware download for the newest boxes and no support from mecool/videostrong.glad i was able to help.can you tell me the version of twrp that you used?
                          I used this thread SCV2 ATV before which I got no wifi and no bluetooth, then I used the TWRP to 3.2.1-0 come with the SCV2 to restore your backup. And the Bluetooth works perfect but wifi still does not work. Im 100% sure I have the new wifi chip.
                          And I think this chip include wifi and bluetooth in this single chip, so I do not know why bluetooth works and wifi does not work.
                          I did full wipe, reflash and almost everything I can do. But I still can not get wifi worked.
                          Last edited by alloy1124; 04-27-2018, 06:50.

Comment

Originally posted by alloy1124 View Post

I used this thread SCV2 ATV before which I got no wifi and no bluetooth, then I used the TWRP to 3.2.1-0 come with the SCV2 to restore your backup. And the Bluetooth works perfect but wifi still does not work. Im 100% sure I have the new wifi chip.
                            And I think this chip include wifi and bluetooth in this single chip, so I do not know why bluetooth works and wifi does not work.
                            I did full wipe, reflash and almost everything I can do. But I still can not get wifi worked.
                            Try pulling out internet cable and see if it connects to wi-fi.

Comment

1. Previously I had magendaz SCV2-ATV-A7.1.2-M8S_PRO_L installed.
                              2. Place the unzipped revovery that supermal provided on your sdcard
                              3. In your rom boot to recovery via terminal by typing "reboot recovery"
                              4. in twrp select restore backup
                              5. select storage (your sdcard)
                              6. select the folder containing the backup
                              7. hit restore button
                              8. after completion do a factory reset in twrp
                              9. reboot to system.
                              -----------------------------
                              I have a m8s with voice enabled bluetooth remote
                              The initial pairing with the remote worked just out of the box
                              for convinience i connected mouse and keyboard though (remember the remote is hybrid bt + ir) so you will need to point the remote at the device!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180426_093512.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	722330
                              Does Chromecast (Google Cast receiver) work?

Comment

Try pulling out internet cable and see if it connects to wi-fi.
                                I tried , but it does not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X