No announcement yet.

rk3229 android 7.1 firmware(wifi 8703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am attempting to install Leelbox's img on my r-box and it worked out nicely. Although where things started going wrong were with trying to edit the build.prop to mimic an Android TV for compatibility and UI. I kept trying to write it using ES and MiXplorer but both would fail ending up writing a blank build.prop in its place. Then I tried to do it over adb with a simple pull and push, the push failed as it was saying the directory /system was read only, so I remounted it with writing permissions, then got a new error. Not enough space or along those lines, df -h would show 9MB free on /system but I couldn't use it. Even deleting the file and trying to create one in its place failed. When I loaded up recovery mode, I lost adb and fastboot devices, none would show up, only the rockchip driver works. I attempted to use the rk firmware tools to extract the system.img out and edit the build.prop, but after rebuilding and trying compile back a full img, that failed as well, forgot the error. I then tried to flash just the system.img on the download images tab on AndroidTool v2.42 with no luck, boot screen would hang. Not sure what to do now. The img runs really well though for anyone interested in upgrading, I was able to play back test 4k 10 bit files on the kodi wiki page as well as a jellyfish test video at 400mbps without issue on kodi. Although wifi is confirmed not working.

Here are my partitions created by the img

Code:
     df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    tmpfs                 0.9G  444K  0.9G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 0.9G     0  0.9G   0% /mnt
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 1.0G  1.0G     0  100% /system
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 122M  852K  119M   1% /cache
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p11  12M   40K   11M   1% /metadata
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 4.7G  220M  4.5G   5% /data
    tmpfs                 0.9G     0  0.9G   0% /storage
    /dev/fuse             4.7G  220M  4.5G   5% /storage/emulated
    This is a fresh install, to free space I'd delete some apps that aren't needed then only have 9MB, but the error would remain

Comment

You can use Linux for mount and edit /system

Comment

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
        I uploaded the leelbox rom for v88 already modified in mega.
        If you want to remove status & navigation bars install framework-res.apk (in apk folder of my 7z file) in /system/framework
        I put also SuperSu_v2.82.apk & X-plore_File_Manager_v3.98.14.apk to do that.
        Becareful it's working on my old v88 but not with my other who have MX4VR board.
        I you have already tested leeebox rom on your V88, it was OK.

https://mega.nz/#!5uRXQIoA!5twibucnT...S1ZDUOls-3C4nw
        How do I install Xposed in this rom? Been trying for days. Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by shaman4ik View Post
          You can use Linux for mount and edit /system
          I'm a bit confused. I do not know what you mean by this.

Comment

Originally posted by camjac251 View Post

I'm a bit confused. I do not know what you mean by this.
            Install VirtualBox, then Install Ubuntu (for example) in virtual machine, then copy /system to virtual machine and mount from terminal

Comment

Install VirtualBox, then Install Ubuntu (for example) in virtual machine, then copy /system to virtual machine and mount from terminal
              How would that work then with getting it back on the tv box? It seems like it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by camjac251 View Post

How would that work then with getting it back on the tv box? It seems like it wouldn't work.
                It's only one known method, that will work.

Comment

Who can help me and tell me which flash memory? My TV box is V88 RK3229 with 1GB and SV6051 chipset and this brick.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by LITO89 View Post
                    Hello
                    Did someone perform this procedure on this firmware? try it but the leanback launcher stops everything else works fine

http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ox-pro-h96-pro

I tried it too and got the same result. I'm debugging it now to see if I can find the error.

Comment

Can anyany please tell me which version of android 7 rooted works and has to be flashed to use RKCodec in FTMC. With Android 6 Marshmallow not rooted there are often problems that some bloatware apps reinstall by itself and unfortunately without RKCodec it does not play proper the HD TV Channels or 4K Files.

Sorry but the thread is to busy andaI don't wanna brick again .

I have two boxes.

Leelbox Q1 black AV-Ports 1GB/8GB
                      Scishon V88 mini black AV-Ports 1GB/8GB

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by q124250409 View Post
                        KingboxRK-8703-7.1nv3-Kodi-1225: (Kingbox K1, K1 plus, K2, but not for Kingbox K3!)

https://mega.nz/#!w2BXFbhQ!lpW2_C9W1...2M0FCzzNWf0o8I

LeelboxRK-8703-7.1nv3-Kodi-1225: (Available to shell model is t95d MXQ PRO, MXQ MINI, Q2 pro, Q2 mini, Q1)

https://mega.nz/#!wrwyXYxD!0q0yVDFfT...FRiFYl_mUkVbTE

Who can help me make a mod for R Box rk3229(wifi 8723bs)?.Thank you very much.
                        . Supersu can't update on v88 using Leelboxrk rk 8703
                        pls can you help me to solve this problem.

Comment

Hi, I create MOD of Kingbox img for MXQ 4K with WiFi 8189fs and esp8089 1/8Gb.
                          http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=71859146
                          May by someone saw Powerkey difinition in side settings menu (sleep, roweroff, reboot) for rk3229? I need fully poweroff device by shot press power button.
                          Hi shaman4ik. Just to thank you for your mod. I've been using it (esp8089) for about a month and works great!
                          Greetings!!

Comment

Hello, everybody, I have a kingbox K2 box and (2018 model with 7.1 rom), unluckily I messed up my build.prop file and its empty now. Since my device is still not rebooted I am thinking I can just copy the build.prop file from any other working box or try to extract it from the firmware image. I downloaded the firmware image file from the leelbox website. Is there any way I can unpack the img file? I tried the RK3xxx_firmware_tools on this forum but it does not work. I also have a ubuntu laptop so if any linux tools can help I can try that too. Or if someone already with this box can provide me their build.prop file it would be great.

Comment

[QUOTE=mokhtarragab;n736356]

[/QUOT amigo sou do brasil tenho o backup por twrp com root dessa rom

Comment

[QUOTE=raulmax3;n754177]
                                Originally posted by mokhtarragab View Post

[/QUOT amigo sou do brasil tenho o backup por twrp com root dessa rom
                                You can't update it, so forget about it.
                                Try Magsik root instead with a boot image with ramdisk inside then build new boot image without ramdisk inside and flash it.

Comment

Working...
                                X