T-R42/ MK888B/ CS918 with bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
    Nice, I think you should PM lewy200041, he's going to show you how to dump the firmware. Thanks in advance from everyone...
    I've already uploaded folder he has requested.
    So, now it's lewy20041's turn.

BR
    Can

Comment

Originally posted by can View Post
      I've already uploaded folder he has requested.
      So, now it's lewy20041's turn.

BR
      Can

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!hi!!!!!! and thank you!

BTW, I haven't receive mine yet, but can you provide some info for this device?
      1. play Neflix, huluplus, xmbc?
      2. phone remote control app working good?
      3. Is it heatup if left on 24/7?
      4. Any pros and cons you found...
      Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
        Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!hi!!!!!! and thank you!

BTW, I haven't receive mine yet, but can you provide some info for this device?
        1. play Neflix, huluplus, xmbc?
        2. phone remote control app working good?
        3. Is it heatup if left on 24/7?
        4. Any pros and cons you found...
        Thanks again.
        Hi
        1.) I can't watch netflix and Huluplus in my country. XBMC not tested yet.
        2.) It works fine, but i rather use wireless mouse or airmouse(like RC11)
        3.) It's not heating, it's worm(with connected usb disk).
        4.) As it should be. BT is working. I have 1TB 2.5" USB disk which is supplied from T-R42, to play movies and it works ok.
        Remote is a little bit awkward, so i'm waiting for RC11.

BR
        Can

Comment

Some pics:

regards
          can

Comment

Can,
            Thanks for the pics..A quick question, what you like and don't like about your new toy??

Comment

Wifi sucks on my model/item

Sooo... Recieved this box today.. The AC8350 (BX09) version. The wifi SUCKS!!! My router is placed 3,5 meters from the player with no walls between, and the player cant find it. I put portable wifi on my SGS4, and placed it just beside the player. It only showed 3 out of 4 signal bars.

This sux, as I ordered it in Germany and live in Denmark, and I REALLY dont want to drag a cable through my living room. Though that might be what I do.. I will try a USB netcard before, but damn I am so sad.

Anyone got any advice? Could this be fixed with a new rom? Or opening the box and resoldering?

Any advice is welcome

/jlm

Comment

Originally posted by jlm81 View Post
                Sooo... Recieved this box today.. The AC8350 (BX09) version. The wifi SUCKS!!! My router is placed 3,5 meters from the player with no walls between, and the player cant find it. I put portable wifi on my SGS4, and placed it just beside the player. It only showed 3 out of 4 signal bars.

This sux, as I ordered it in Germany and live in Denmark, and I REALLY dont want to drag a cable through my living room. Though that might be what I do.. I will try a USB netcard before, but damn I am so sad.

Anyone got any advice? Could this be fixed with a new rom? Or opening the box and resoldering?

Any advice is welcome

/jlm
                It have to be something wrong with your device.
                I set my Nexus4 as portable wifi hotspot 6-7m away from T-R42 and 1 wall between:

regards
                can

Comment

It have to be something wrong with your device.
                  I set my Nexus4 as portable wifi hotspot 6-7m away from T-R42 and 1 wall between:

regards
                  can
                  Thank you for the quick reply. Your answer is both reassuring and also a little frustrating, which is not your fault of course. I wrote the store and will await return information monday.
                  Sigh... So long waiting and now this - an even longer wait :-(
                  The horror!

Thx can

BR jlm

Comment

Any advice is welcome

/jlm

Do you have the external antenna for it?

also, thank you (Can) for uploading the files to Lewy, I am excited to see what this box can do once unleashed. Mine just arrived today, can't wait to try it out when I get home. Good to hear it is a solid buy for the most part though

Comment

Originally posted by wezlypipz View Post
                      Do you have the external antenna for it?

also, thank you (Can) for uploading the files to Lewy, I am excited to see what this box can do once unleashed. Mine just arrived today, can't wait to try it out when I get home. Good to hear it is a solid buy for the most part though
                      Hey wez,
                      yeah I got the external antenna, so no problem there. But something really wierd is going on. In my neighbourhood there are a lot of wifi signals, and I can catch a lot on my SGS4. On the mediaplayer I catch only one. It has only to signal bars compared to four on my phone. But the other wifi signals that show four bars on my phone is non-detectable on my mediaplayer.
                      I have also moved my router so that it is 1½ meters from the player, but nothing shows up. Argh!!
                      Can this maybe have something to do with the channel on the signal (in the router setting)? I have mine set to 13 due to some interference with my wifes Samsung laptop.

Anyways - still sad and confused...

/jlm

Comment

Hey wez,
                        yeah I got the external antenna, so no problem there. But something really wierd is going on. In my neighbourhood there are a lot of wifi signals, and I can catch a lot on my SGS4. On the mediaplayer I catch only one. It has only to signal bars compared to four on my phone. But the other wifi signals that show four bars on my phone is non-detectable on my mediaplayer.
                        I have also moved my router so that it is 1½ meters from the player, but nothing shows up. Argh!!
                        Can this maybe have something to do with the channel on the signal (in the router setting)? I have mine set to 13 due to some interference with my wifes Samsung laptop.

Anyways - still sad and confused...

/jlm
                        Hi jlm
                        Try to set channel 1-11 on your router.
                        I don't know which chipset is inside of you device, but north america standard uses only channels 1-11.

BR
                        can

EDIT: channels 1-11

Comment

Hi jlm
                          Try to set channel 1-12 on your router.
                          I don't know which chipset is inside of you device, but north america standard uses only channels 1-12.

BR
                          can
                          My guess is that it is the mediaplayer and not the router because the K-R42 reviewed on the Geekbuying blog shows many signals from all over. If you have only one, that antenna isn't hooked up or connected to the rest of the device, that it my guess.

Also, try the ethernet port...all else fails, use a USB wi-fi dongle or one that plugs into the ethernet port...cheap fix.

Comment

Hi jlm
                            Try to set channel 1-12 on your roI don't know which chipset is inside of you device, but north america standard uses only channels 1-12.

BR
                            can
                            Thx can. Found out the router was on channel 12. Put it on channel 6, and now the media player Finds the wifi. But only 1-2 bars with 1,5 meters apart.
                            Suspect it must be the hardware :-(

Comment

My guess is that it is the mediaplayer and not the router because the K-R42 reviewed on the Geekbuying blog shows many signals from all over. If you have only one, that antenna isn't hooked up or connected to the rest of the device, that it my guess.

Also, try the ethernet port...all else fails, use a USB wi-fi dongle or one that plugs into the ethernet port...cheap fix.

Your right. If there are a lot of signals, they can't all be on ch12 or ch13, and therefore this signals should be OK.

BR can

Comment

Hey wez,
                                an usb wifi dongle sounds interesting. I just put in an old (3-4 yrs old) AC Ryan dongle, and I dont think it works (no light in the led). How would I know which dongles work and which wont? And where do I select to use manual usb wifi?

Any idea on that?

thx in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X