Clear All

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
    heh
    i just get it so wait a litle more;p

eric posted it on geekbuying blog so get it there
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UlxCHNK8mmg
    Hey lewy20041,

of course...just a joke

I don't want to race you. Take your time...

Thanks.

Steffen

Comment

Originally posted by sgei View Post
      Hey wasser,

thanks for your work.

I have a few questions:

1. Can you make a seperate thread for this new firmware?
      EDIT: It is a seperate thread but not in the K-R42 / T-R42 forum...
      2. Do you have the stock firmware?
      3. I want to try your fw but can I go back to stock?
      4. What's different to the stock fw?

Thanks.

Steffen
      1 http://url9.de/N0O
      2 http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UlxCHNK8mmg
      3 you can go back with stock firmware
      4 there are some differents between stock and customer firmware
      - 1080p support
      - 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz support
      - frame skipping fix for video play
      - init.d support
      - rooted
      - ntfs and nfs filesystem support
      - 40% like performance boost
      http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

PC does not see / find the T-R42

Hey,

I've tryed to flash wassers new FW for the T-R42 but I'm not able to connect the device to the PC.
        If I go to flash mode the pc does not recognize the T-R42.
        If I start the device and and turn on "USB-Debugging" and "Connect to PC" the PC recognizes an new device but no driver can be installed.

With my K-R42 there was no problem.

Can anybody help me?

Steffen

Comment

Wasser, If I flash your kernel over my stock rom and later if needed to go back to STOCK KERNEL, can I just reflash just the stock kernel from the stock firmware?? I believe that if I flash the entire stock firmware it will wipe out all my setup. Or your kernel isn't suitable with stock firmware? Thanks.

Comment

t-r42 wifi weaker than k-r42?

Hello,
            i ordered one day ago the t-r42 on aliexpress
            now i see on this thread that someone reported a weak wifi signal reception on the t-r42
            so i am worried, i wonder if i have to stop the order (not yet shipped) and change the item to k-r42
            can someone confirm me that the wifi on t-r42 is really weaker than wifi on k-r42?

please answer me as soon as possible!
            thank you!
            Last edited by vicolodo; 10-16-2013, 04:27. Reason: fix

Comment

Originally posted by vicolodo View Post
              Hello,
              now i see on this thread that someone reported a weak wifi signal reception on the t-r42
              so i am worried, i wonder if i have to stop the order (not yet shipped) and change the item to k-r42
              can someone confirm me that the wifi on t-r42 is really weaker than wifi on k-r42?

thank you!
              The wifi on the t-42 is working normal for me. My router is up stair in a closet and I received 3 bars out of 4, if I'm upstair no matter what room I'm in I got full 4 bars. The people with signal issue may be the type of routers they have.

Comment

No wifi issues on my T-R42 either. The router is a floor above. With the occasional complaint of wifi performance... I wonder if the antenna is attached to the mainboard... Might want to open it and check.

Bill

Comment

Bad WiFi solution! WiFi is great now

Originally posted by vicolodo View Post
                  Hello,

thank you!
                  Do not cancel your order! I had really bad WiFi and i fix that yesterday the problem is really simple its just a bad connection on the PCB. Here`s how to fix it if you have the problem:
                  1.Open the box there are 4 screws holding it together
                  2. Find a magnifying glass and tweezers,and something thin and made of plastic
                  3. Detach the WiFi antenna from the PCB,don`t pull it by the cable! use the thin plastic thing you found and put it below the connector and gently detach the connector
                  4.With the tweezers pinch the outer metal part of the connector that is on the cable.Not to hard you don`t want to crush it!
                  5.Attach the antenna to the PCB.Don`t assemble the unit yet!
                  6.Power up the unit.(don`t touch the PCB with something made of metal)
                  7.Install the WiFi analyzer app and open the app
                  8. With something made of plastic(I used a plastic knife) move the connector around,and observe the WiFi strength once you set it so the WiFi strength is the best you could set it reassemble the Box.If it doesn't work do step 4 again.
                  9. Enjoy excellent WiFi on the unit I`m really happy with the WiFi strength now its even better than on my phone! (When i put my phone next to the unit,on my phone i have two bars of signal strength,but on my T-R42 I have 4 bars of signal strength!)I`m so happy that I didn`t need to send my box back and wait for a new one
                  PS:If the problem is frequent I`l make a little tutorial on how to do that with pictures and all.
                  Last edited by dinaxe; 10-16-2013, 15:47.

Comment

I would love to see how to crack open the case... I unscrewed my T-R42 but gave up prying it open for fear of breaking something. Are there particular points that should be pried on over others?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill-ns View Post
                      I would love to see how to crack open the case... I unscrewed my T-R42 but gave up prying it open for fear of breaking something. Are there particular points that should be pried on over others?

Bill
                      Hi Bill once you unscrewed all the screws,get something thin and made of plastic (i used a plastic knife,if the knife has little teeth don`t use it you risk damaging the plastic case)
                      Put the knife between the black and gray plastic,gently push the knife and start moving it around the case(making sure that the knife is between the black and gray plastic!).The unit should just fall apart.Click image for larger version

Name:	kako rastaviti.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	430952
                      Last edited by dinaxe; 10-16-2013, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by dinaxe View Post
                        Hi bill once you unscrewed all the screws,get something thin and made of plastic (i used a plastic knife,if the knife has little teeth don`t use it you risk damaging the plastic case)
                        Put the knife between the black and gray plastic,gently push the knife and start moving it around the case(making sure that the knife is between the black and gray plastic!).The unit should just fall apart.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3587[/ATTACH]
                        Right on... thanks. Guess I was just too gentle with it.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                          1 http://url9.de/N0O
                          2 http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UlxCHNK8mmg
                          3 you can go back with stock firmware
                          4 there are some differents between stock and customer firmware
                          - 1080p support
                          - 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz support
                          - frame skipping fix for video play
                          - init.d support
                          - rooted
                          - ntfs and nfs filesystem support
                          - 40% like performance boost
                          This solution can be use Android TV Box CS918 with Bluetooth right? If not how to fine the customer firmware or stock firmware for it? Please recommended

Comment

Originally posted by ppccrazy View Post
                            This solution can be use Android TV Box CS918 with Bluetooth right? If not how to fine the customer firmware or stock firmware for it? Please recommended
                            Yes... It will work with the T-R42... The bluetooth enabled device similar to the K-R42.
                            However, wifi currently does not work.

Early days for this model... I'm sure updates will be coming...

Bill

Comment

Ah...still no firmware from lewy

Comment

Originally posted by nAFaNyA View Post
                                Ah...still no firmware from lewy
                                Be patient. Lewy received a few days ago in the original firmware.
                                T-R42 v1.0 ; Ubox R89

Comment

Working...
                                X