T-R42/ MK888B/ CS918 with bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlm81 View Post
    Thx can. Found out the router was on channel 12. Put it on channel 6, and now the media player Finds the wifi. But only 1-2 bars with 1,5 meters apart.
    Suspect it must be the hardware :-(
    You can also install Wifi Analyzer on your mediaplayer and phone, and compare results:

BR can

Comment

Originally posted by jlm81 View Post
      Hey wez,
      an usb wifi dongle sounds interesting. I just put in an old (3-4 yrs old) AC Ryan dongle, and I dont think it works (no light in the led). How would I know which dongles work and which wont? And where do I select to use manual usb wifi?

Any idea on that?

thx in advance
      Well this is my first android mini pc, I was just throwing out some ideas, so I can't say how or if it would work for certain but you can get USB wi fi dongles anywhere for pocket change. I have been playing with the box for a couple of hours and so far it seems to recognize everything I attach via USB immediately.

My Wi-Fi gets about four bars and is upstairs from the router. connection is about 10mb a sec download per Speedtest app i installed from the appstore. runs netflix and the internet fine for the most part. I think the slowness I experience is from the unit itself. Still trying to get the emulator controls working, but for the most part, this is a pretty straight-forward device. Its fun, its a toy and something to show people and they will find it impressive becuase of their lack of knowledge, but it isn't ready for the big time IMHO.

Can't wait to try some custom roms on it and see if that will change the performance end of things.

Oh and for anyone curious, I am running on the 1080p scaled kernel in this thing, it will play 1080p files, but you can't skip around, you have to watch them from the beginning, otherwise they will stutter. This has been my experience at least.

Also, this unit doesn't have rockchip 3188 SDK 2.0, which I really wanted, so hopefully we can get that soon.

Comment

Mine arrived on thursday. I took photo of the pcb, if anyone's interested.

I am also looking forward to the custom fw
        T-R42 v1.0 ; Ubox R89

Comment

working on it
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by zol77 View Post
            Mine arrived on thursday. I took photo of the pcb, if anyone's interested.

I am also looking forward to the custom fw
            This is not good they changed the WiFi chip I`m afraid that they added a WiFi-Bluetooth combo chip,dang it I already ordered the box,and it has shipped 6 days ago :/

Comment

Re: T-R42/ MK888B/ CS918 with bluetooth

Originally posted by dinaxe View Post
              This is not good they changed the WiFi chip I`m afraid that they added a WiFi-Bluetooth combo chip,dang it I already ordered the box,and it has shipped 6 days ago :/
              zol77 not write, but this photo show a new T-R42 pcb, from Geekbuying. This:
              China-1 Stock | Buy Original T-R42 RK3188T Quad Core Google Android 4.2.2 Cortex-A9 1.4 GHz Mini TV BOX HDMI HDD Player 2G/8G Bluetooth/RJ45/External Wifi Antenna with IR Remote Controller - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Sorry, for my bad english!

GT-I9100 (Wanam14.1-Dori8.39), Concorde 401BT (stock rom, AP6210)

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have the stock T-R42 firmware? I flashed it to Lewy's hybrid 1.1 and I am a total newb with this and didn't realize you couldn't easily revert without the stock firmware.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wezlypipz View Post
                  Hi,

Does anyone happen to have the stock T-R42 firmware? I flashed it to Lewy's hybrid 1.1 and I am a total newb with this and didn't realize you couldn't easily revert without the stock firmware.

Thanks!
                  I don't see any 1.1 fw for T-R42 , only to K-R42.
                  Did you see the warning message? :
                  "!For now only for K-R42 without bluetooth!"
                  T-R42 v1.0 ; Ubox R89

Comment

Originally posted by zol77 View Post
                    I don't see any 1.1 fw for T-R42 , only to K-R42.
                    Did you see the warning message? :
                    "!For now only for K-R42 without bluetooth!"
                    yeah, I know, I used the K-R42 to try out the flashing, but didn't realize that it wasn't easily reversible unless I flash with stock or a custom T-R42 firmware. So just waiting for one of those to pop up.

Comment

Since 2 hours I am a proud owner of the T-R42 from Geekbuying. Unfortunately the sock firmware is not rooted.

@lewy20041

How far is your work on a custom firmware for this device?

Do you still need some files from the stock firmware?

Steffen

Comment

no thanks.
                        it will take some time.
                        probably a week or so.
                        ApkFreak

Comment

Hey lewy20041,

sounds good.
                          Take your time.

One question: Can you tell me how to root the T-R42?
                          I miss the USB driver...

Post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-to-root-T-R42

Thanks.

Steffen

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                            no thanks.
                            it will take some time.
                            probably a week or so.
                            Hey lewy20041,

do you have any news for the T-R42 users?

Are you the only dev working on a custom firmware for this device?

Steffen

Comment

i asked eric from geekbuying for stock firmware and he told me to wait as they get the firmware but with some isues.
                              so please be patient
                              ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                                i asked eric from geekbuying for stock firmware and he told me to wait as they get the firmware but with some isues.
                                so please be patient
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X