No announcement yet.

T-R42/ MK888B/ CS918 with bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fine with waiting... but if it would be helpful, I could do a reset and a Titanium Backup of the stock rom if that would be of any help.

Let me know!
    Thanks
    Bill

Comment

I was able to root mine... after much frustration. lol

Some hints...

Settings-USB-Enable Connect to PC
      Settings-Security-Enable Unknown Sources
      Settings-Developer options-Enable USB debugging

Install Moborobo on PC, and download TPSarky-VonDroid-Root

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      it gave me a little headache to, but now i think its quite easy to get the box recognized.

1. unplug all cables from device.
      2. plug micro usb otg cable into device and into pc (nothing else)
      3. press and hold litle restore button on which is under device
      4. plug in power cord (remember to stil hold restore button) and you are in flash mod
      5. on first time it may not work before driver are instaled but later its working every time.
      When the drivers are happy... run TPSparkyRoot.bat

Bill

Comment

A Quick Review on T-R42 (bluetooth version)

I'm sure many would like to see some reviews on this box (I was one). I have been using this unit for about 1 week and my device is rooted with stock firmware. I have to say that I'm happy with the unit after looking at dozen of units on the market and glad I brought it. Let's not wasting any more time:
        1. Unit is pretty fast and smooth, booting up is a bit slow compare to my tablet TF700. I installed Go Launcher HD to replace the original launcher, remember launcher is just a preference of individual taste. I have been watching movies all day and the unit is not hot at all, just a little warm when touched which is pretty good for quadcore.
        2. Bluetooth, wifi, network jack with hotspot enabled are all working well, good signal on wifi. Movies streaming with network jack and wifi are both excellent (I'm a movie streaming lover). Paired bluetooth to my wireless headset is a breeze and the volume is loud enough.
        3. Installed XBMC and stream some 1080p and 720p without issue.(I love XBMC), it's probably going to be a one place entertainment. I found some 1080/720p stuttering, but when I selected another streaming source, everything play smooth, so it's the source issue, not the box. Remember you need to install the correct MX player and proper code sec ARM7 for this to work correctly.
        4. Netflix, HBO go, YouTube, Internet movie streaming, slingplayer, all are working fine EXCEPT for HULU PLUS, even I tried the Hulu Plus hacked version...no dice. Maybe future dev can correct this with hacked firmware.
        5. DLNA, miracast USB hard drive are all working as expected.
        6. Video (HDMI) quality on my 50" plasma TV is not as it should, I can see color and quality lost specially with black and gray color, but with 32" TV it's good. If I watch Netflix or movies with 720p and up it's very good but anything below that, I need to sit far away so I don't see the artifacts. This is very normal with any TV box hook up to a large screen.
        7. Remote control came with the box needs to point directly at the box for it to work and I only use this to do the initial setup (moving the mouse on this is a pain in the...A). I use the remote control app on my table to control (mouse, keyboard etc..) and works well. I also tried with bluetooth keyboard and mouse made by Logictech (KM520) and all working great.
        In Summary, I'm glad I picked this box, everything is working without any modification and the price is pretty decent (Geekbuying.com) for a top of the line quad core box. If you guys have any concern or question please feels free to ask. Thanks.

Update: I able to get Hulu working through XBMC, the latest official version 12.
        Update1: Spoke to soon, Hulu only works with ads, but not with the tv or movie.
        Update2: Hulu is now working with XBMC beta Gotham version 6.
        Last edited by buhohitr; 10-03-2013, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
          3. Installed XBMC and stream some 1080p and 720p without issue.(I love XBMC), it's probably going to be a one place entertainment. I found some 1080/720p stuttering, but when I selected another streaming source, everything play smooth, so it's the source issue, not the box. Remember you need to install the correct MX player and proper code sec ARM7 for this to work correctly.
          Care to give some more details about getting XBMC to work?
          I installed the latest Android nightly build (xbmc-20131001-dc6dff0-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) but I got a common cache error when I installed 1channel.

Thanks
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill-ns View Post
            I installed the latest Android nightly build (xbmc-20131001-dc6dff0-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) but I got a common cache error when I installed 1channel.

Thanks
            Bill
            The latest builds are not always the best try this version it supports hardware acceleration

also get navi-x plugin scrapes more streaming sites
            My Device: T-R42
            ROM: Wasser ?????
            Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Originally posted by wapvirus View Post
              The latest builds are not always the best try this version it supports hardware acceleration

also get navi-x plugin scrapes more streaming sites

Great, thanks. Haven't used Navi-x in about a year. Was bringing the suck last time I tried. Might give it another shot.

Thanks
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill-ns View Post

Thanks
                Bill
                I found that the best version is XBMC XAF 12.1, it's a hacked version which included a lot of good stuff, the original XBMC or the nightly build version are missing many of the goodies and some channels are not working. Here is the one I used http://www.mediafire.com/download/2y...47b0a23c60.apk
                Also go to the market and download MX player and MX player code sec ARM7 for neon. Open MX player then settings--> decode and check both hardware and software decode. When you first launch, give it couple mins to update (it appears to be frozen but it's not). The best movie channel with 720/1080P is "Icephim". Enjoy.

Comment

The version i posted above is hardware accelerated and uses the hardware to play movies ect.. so you don't need the external player (MX Player)
                  Give that a try also all the stuff included in the other build is available through repositories

all pug-ins working that i have tested make sure you do a fresh install and not updating the previously installed version
                  Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

The version i posted above is hardware accelerated and uses the hardware to play movies ect.. so you don't need the external player (MX Player)
                    Give that a try also all the stuff included in the other build is available through repositories

all pug-ins working that i have tested make sure you do a fresh install and not updating the previously installed version
                    I thought I tried your version first before the XAF version, but it's missing Netflix, HBO go, icephim plug-in channels or am I wrong??

Comment

Just Google super repo also Fusion has all those plugins or click hyper links

Comment

Just Google suerrepo has all those plugins

superrepo
                        ;p
                        Everything is possible if we work together!
                        ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post

superrepo
                          ;p
                          Hey typo fixed it

Looking forward to your ROM for this Device

Comment

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
                            I'm sure many would like to see some reviews on this box (I was one). I have been using this unit for about 1 week and my device is rooted with stock firmware. I have to say that I'm happy with the unit after looking at dozen of units on the market and glad I brought it. Let's not wasting any more time:
                            1. Unit is pretty fast and smooth, booting up is a bit slow compare to my tablet TF700. I installed Go Launcher HD to replace the original launcher, remember launcher is just a preference of individual taste. I have been watching movies all day and the unit is not hot at all, just a little warm when touched which is pretty good for quadcore.
                            2. Bluetooth, wifi, network jack with hotspot enabled are all working well, good signal on wifi. Movies streaming with network jack and wifi are both excellent (I'm a movie streaming lover). Paired bluetooth to my wireless headset is a breeze and the volume is loud enough.
                            4. Netflix, HBO go, YouTube, Internet movie streaming, slingplayer, all are working fine EXCEPT for HULU PLUS, even I tried the Hulu Plus hacked version...no dice. Maybe future dev can correct this with hacked firmware.
                            5. DLNA, miracast USB hard drive are all working as expected.
                            6. Video (HDMI) quality on my 50" plasma TV is not as it should, I can see color and quality lost specially with black and gray color, but with 32" TV it's good. If I watch Netflix or movies with 720p and up it's very good but anything below that, I need to sit far away so I don't see the artifacts. This is very normal with any TV box hook up to a large screen.
                            7. Remote control came with the box needs to point directly at the box for it to work and I only use this to do the initial setup (moving the mouse on this is a pain in the...A). I use the remote control app on my table to control (mouse, keyboard etc..) and works well. I also tried with bluetooth keyboard and mouse made by Logictech (KM520) and all working great.
                            In Summary, I'm glad I picked this box, everything is working without any modification and the price is pretty decent (Geekbuying.com) for a top of the line quad core box. If you guys have any concern or question please feels free to ask. Thanks.
                            Hi buhohtir how long did you wait for the item to arrive?It's bean 16 days since they shipped my item and Im getting a little impatient

Comment

I'm in Delaware, USA and it took 2 weeks (15 days).

Comment

Hey typo fixed it

Looking forward to your ROM for this Device
                                Thanks for your guidance! I will try the other one...just for learning.

Comment

Working...
                                X