Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give up, what's a 'FOD'?

3 screws on the bottom cover?
    1 seen, and 2 under the pads on opposite side?

A little dilemma arose...
    while I s/b repacking it for return, to 4g pro upgrade, I decided to take a shot at the magisk/ twrp loading process - u know, just to practice.
    I 'skanked' the box.
    ... No ops, just white led. I don't know if if it was my third attempt at magisk, or handling of the box to access the recovery button during the same process.
    Either way, it seems dead. Just don't know how dead, and what's become of All the personal data that is /was there.
    Now I'm reluctant to tell gb I killed the am6, and to ship it, with possi-probably my recoverable data.
    And to open up the box to get a look whats floating around inside.
    fubar!
    definitely sounds like metal on metal when it 'tinks'
    when I got the 6, the offender finally lodged itself stationary, so I let it go. figured I'd find out when plugged in... go/nogo.
    If I inadvertently hit the mask rom button vs recovery button, would that suspend the OS, until a flash takes place?
    Successfully turning a gearbest victory, into utter defeat. Thanksgiving?!
    sheez!
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
      RISCy Dude commented
      Editing a comment
      FOD is Foreign Object Debris. It is what ended the Concorde. Bad stuff.
      FOD is a military term, but not exclusively.

This may help, a picture can paint a 1000 words:
    UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      This may help, a picture can paint a 1000 words:
      UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

okay, an answer would be less words, but more to the point?
      i looked around quite a bit, and didn't see what I needed to see... flip the bottom panel over.
      I assume 4 corner screws, but dont.. really want to "break-in" lest gb cries foul. and disallows any further consideration on their part.

Comment

Sorry forgot you use an apple, you will need a screwdriver

As shown in the 2/16 box and assuming the yours is the same. there should/could be 3,
        Under two of the pads you may find screws, just carefully and slowly lift the corners to find the screws.

Remember you do this at your own risk and it may void warranty etc....

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

at 1 o'clock... the culprit.
          I got a feeling this is my brick.. maybe(s)?
          Being a 'flathead', I don't even see where it came from?!

​​​​​​... this is going to make for an uncomfortable talk with gearbest. uhg!
          anybody see a lost "break" wandering aimlessly around? please return if so.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

mcu would be no help?
            or above my pay grade?
            ​​​​​​... just trying to reset box to oem, and ensure my data is wiped.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is it not possible to load eMMC via SD OTA Update? Or just burn with USB Burning Tool? Select Erase All. You may need MASKROM if your attempted Magisk wrecked it.

Glad you located the FOD, that definitely could pose a serious threat to the device.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                Is it not possible to load eMMC via SD OTA Update? Or just burn with USB...

Glad you located the FOD, that definitely could pose a serious threat to the device.
                No pc. still thinking about the macfor a flash, but I think it's OS is dated one notch, and it's beyond able to upgrade. not sure tho.

the box blows by the boot led so fast, I assume it's not even trying to source a bootable file. if'n it was, I've shown it several, with 0 change in attitude.

What is the hidden mcu button for?
                Is the mask rom button only actionable at flashing event?
                or would pushing it have been a causing factor?

live and learn... loose parts and FODs?
                ~Alert the Authorities, and immediately proceed with "rescue" ops.

Comment

[QUOTE=trebor;n791260]Sorry forgot you use an apple, you will need a screwdriver

Screwdriver? what's that?
                  we're only given hammers... and scalpels!

What's the MCU's purpose?
                  Does the mask rom button kill the os, until flashing happens? or is it harmless up to that point?
                  throw me a bone. and, yes, I have been searching and reading... to the point where weary is setting in. 8-(

Comment

omg!...
                    https://www.renesas.com/us/en/suppor...operation.html

​​​​​​... the first line takes me out.
                    hep?
                    *ed- what's the mcu likely to reset?
                    ​​​​​​.. and the status then?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191202_142119-1.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	791276

Comment

I may have mentioned this before, but why can't you run Windows from your Apple using Boot camp?

MASROM does not typically alter eMMC just from entering MASKROM mode.

I don't know a lot about this, but maybe the attempted Magisk affected the bootloader.

Most of these devices, if eMMC is corrupt or empty, the device will attempt to boot from a list of other sources, for instance, SD card.

Comment

thanks for masrom comment.
                        my g4 isn't intel infused. they've long been able to work with windows, but until Intel and an architecture chg (I think)... it's been a work-around I'm not familiar with.
                        they Always had a developer/sdk suite... but I'm pretty ignorant of that too pity

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                          RISCy Dude commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You can find some sweet deals on used laptops on the bay. My current lappy has an i5 5th gen, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and a 1080p display, cost $115 shipped.
                          Also the CH shops have Win10 minis for around $100.
                          If you get a Win10 PC, you and Trebor won't have to use Apple-to-Win universal translators anymore. :-)

Apple user would not buy second hand, would have to be New,
                        RISCy Dude is good with the setup, and good with Second Hand Stuff should be able to advise. and guide with ease ;-)
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                          RISCy Dude commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, second hand is in my nature. I'm frugal, even for a penny pinching miser. I only buy new for her, because she deserves it(read demands it).
                          Last edited by RISCy Dude; 12-02-2019, 23:49. Reason: To make changes.

I am a great second hander....8k worth of low time plasmas, wait for it......
                        300 clams and a 90 mile round-trip. I'm still celabrating!!

AL my macs are hand me downs. My customers and friends have to "upgrade" every couple of years, not me.
                        -Old school. Price killer.
                        ....I think mi pappy paid near 3k for that cube we were kicking around a while back. 3K??!! Sheez!

Comment

Hey! ...still waiting for an answer, or an IDK, from the smartest people in the room:
                          Image @ #220 post Micro Controller Unit Reset
                          What is it, and what could it possibly be doing here?
                          See if your "SWAG" theory matches up with ugoos support, I expect an answer by Christmas.... "swag" = scientific wild-azz guess

Comment

Working...
                          X