Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnytrouble View Post
    not sure what im doing. how do I get a different kernel and flash it
    We all have to start somewhere so don't panic its more or less impossible to brick the tv sticks you need another kernel that's all theres bound to be one on hear somewhere you need a 809iii kernel or maybe a j22 kernal im trying to find one but it may take me a while..To flash just a kernal you just untick everything in the flash tool except the kernel to flash just a kernal you just untick everything in the flash tool except the kernal then flash it thats once we have found a kernal that is lol
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

If I cant find just a kernel you could try this whole rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...at-1-4ghz-720p

If my internet speed was any good I would download the rom & extract the kernel for you but my internet speed is pants so sorry I cant do that at this time

Hears another rom you could try post 105 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ESP8089/page6

AND ANOTHER POST 178 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ESP8089/page9

POST 198 OF THE ABOVE LINK points you to a link that will teach you how to flash just a kernel
      Last edited by blinkone; 10-12-2014, 23:23.

Comment

ill give it a try and let you know. thanks for the support

Comment

your a star

ok here goes.. I followed the links you gave and used sam321's .img and everything is a/ok. thank you r your time and assistance.

Comment

Bait and Switch.... CX-919 RK3188 1.6Ghz FOR RK3188T 1.4Ghz (JUNK)

Originally posted by baccilus View Post
            Hello. I installed the 1.5 Finless Rom several months ago but I have I completely forgotten how I did that. Are the instructions packed with the ROM? I will be using my CX-919 to watch movies off my shared Hard disk (attached to my router). Do you recommend any other ROM and Kernel for the same?
            It sounds like you have become a fooled by seller or you have bought a CX-919 RK3188T.
            I also have bought 5 or more and returned all of them. sellers are listing these tronsmart CX-919 RK 3188 1.6Ghz and sending you the The CX-919 RK3188T 1.4Ghz and telling you they are the same. They are not the same they will not run video and will blink or just show a blank screen. SORRY for You Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by bdaddyb View Post
              It sounds like you have become a fooled by seller or you have bought a CX-919 RK3188T.
              I also have bought 5 or more and returned all of them. sellers are listing these tronsmart CX-919 RK 3188 1.6Ghz and sending you the The CX-919 RK3188T 1.4Ghz and telling you they are the same. They are not the same they will not run video and will blink or just show a blank screen. SORRY for You Good Luck
              I think you quoted the wrong post. I have managed to install the Finless 1.6b ROM and it is working fine. So I probably have the CX-919 RK3188 version. I installed the 720p kernel so I can't really watch 1080p movies, but everything else is working perfectly.

Comment

ok here goes.. I followed the links you gave and used sam321's .img and everything is a/ok. thank you r your time and assistance.

Ha ha Glad you got it working, see I told you not to worry lol oh & one more thing Welcome to freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and hi. So I got my stick up and running. Cpu z shows model as gt-i9100 which I think is the galaxy s2? not sure what's going on there but it works so im not complaining. screen res is only 1280x672 so maybe I need to search around for a different rom, what do you think?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and hi. So I got my stick up and running. Cpu z shows model as gt-i9100 which I think is the galaxy s2? not sure what's going on there but it works so im not complaining. screen res is only 1280x672 so maybe I need to search around for a different rom, what do you think?
                    Its shows up as a gt-i9100 (galaxy s2?) for a simple reason it does this to show up more compatible apps & games in the play store,if it was to show up as a cx 919 for instance you would not get many apps and games showing up in the play store..by editing the build prob you can get it to show up as what ever you like..Now you have found a working rom you can keep trying other roms & you have always got this one to fall back too,I think that's all part of the fun of tv stics flashing roms ect

Comment

Been messing aeound now for a couple of day with different roms. I've found the best on in terms of speed is the sam321 .img u posted to give the best score I antutu (20424) but has some issues with xbmc (not sure if this is just xbmc though as I hear they have been making changes to their servers) other roms ive tried give close scores but don't give root access and I would like this as I want to connect my ps3 controller via six axis app witch need root. Itried to follow instructions on how to root but dont seem to be getting very far.

Comment

Been messing aeound now for a couple of day with different roms. I've found the best on in terms of speed is the sam321 .img u posted to give the best score I antutu (20424) but has some issues with xbmc (not sure if this is just xbmc though as I hear they have been making changes to their servers) other roms ive tried give close scores but don't give root access and I would like this as I want to connect my ps3 controller via six axis app witch need root. Itried to follow instructions on how to root but dont seem to be getting very far.
                        Wow that's a very good antutu score for a3188 stick,,,have you tried rooting it with vroot

Comment

Ill give it a try, working at the mo but off all day tomo. I think ill stick with this rom for now as it does everything I need and its rooted. This stick only cost me £25 with an **** discount so im well chuffed. I bought a rii mini i8 keyboard at this same time and im not getting on with it, thinking about a fly mouse for my next stick. Is geekbuying the best place to buy from?

Comment

Ill give it a try, working at the mo but off all day tomo. I think ill stick with this rom for now as it does everything I need and its rooted. This stick only cost me £25 with an **** discount so im well chuffed. I bought a rii mini i8 keyboard at this same time and im not getting on with it, thinking about a fly mouse for my next stick. Is geekbuying the best place to buy from?
                            Yer if your happy with it stick with it iv got an air fly mouse/controller on route from china £12 http://www.tinydeal.com/mx3-24ghz-mi...-p-116227.html i will let you what its like when it arrives.. This is also ment to be a very good air fly mouse http://www.tinydeal.com/mele-f10-pro...97943.html...i i Use an air fly controller with my minix x8h & i love it better than a normal mouse the M1 but it very basic..i used the sixaxis app loads on my cx919 it works very well..if you want to use the ps3 controller on your device make sure your next device is not a minix x8 or any amlogic device they just dont work with the ps3 controller at all (not surported)so i had to get a tronsmart mars G01 that works prity good..im using the latest rk3288 device at the mo the tronsmart orion r28 meta its an awesome device + sixaxis works on it too

Comment

Cheers for the advice, defo gonna get myself an air mouse. Got my stick running nice and stable now just stuggling with the keyboard and mouse pad combo. I had a look at the orion r28 and have spent the afternoon dropping hints to the better half in the hopes santa might bring me one.

Comment

Can I?

Hello, i would be grateful for your help:
                                i own a CX 919 with RK3188T chip.
                                I had video problems with latest stock firmware and i wanted to try a custom ROM.
                                I flashed another ROM (Pure XBMC 2.1) but had problems with the mouse cursor mainly...
                                I tried several times to flash Finless 1.6b but even if installation seems OK, i keep gettin blank black screen when connecting to TV.
                                Same thing happened with 1.5 but at least had the message "no connection signal, check your device's HDMI out".
                                What am i doing wrong???
                                After Finless tool says "Run OK" how much time do i have to wait untill i unplug the device and plug into my TV??

Comment

Working...
                                X