• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gbox23
    for all yr support++

Comment

Hi

Back to Stock dated 20211222 (device re-flashed well with AMLTool 3.2.0)

I'v installed my all required apk.s without any issue
      Kodi 19.3 or 4 OK(installed 19.4)
      Un-installed default KDMC(Kodi 18.9)
      APKPure kinda un-stable! but under Freddy's advice,y can fix it+

One Apk.("TVPhoto" premium vers.) works again stable

BUT G.Play Store doesnt update! or if y updated thru Store or APKPure then its crashed or warned such as y get an warning;
      ...this version does not compatible with yr device,so go to Settings and than uninstall update... (but does not affected to me)

also "YouTube" as same G.P Store that what happened! if y updated than y wont sign-in!! so I'v uninstall this update and I'v signed in well

Note;this is VONTAR's Stock so,Launcher is different and fully custimize!(I like this)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Vontar 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.5 KB ID:	829234 Click image for larger version  Name:	Vontar1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	829235
      ++

and also I'v uninstalled some of Apk.s too
      such as NetFlix,Amazon,Miracast,Disney,etc., (I use this apk.s partly fm my IPTV)

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
        Thanks gbox23
        for all yr support++
        You're welcome.

Glad to hear you're working again, as for that launcher that is the one I installed in my HK1 Image, I do like it better then the stock HK1 Launcher.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this Rom with us. can I flash it into my HK1RBOX X4 100MB box? its a grey color edge not the Yello, I am not sure if it's ok to do that. Also to flash the OTA need an SDcard?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex87 View Post
            Thank you for sharing this Rom with us. can I flash it into my HK1RBOX X4 100MB box? its a grey color edge not the Yello, I am not sure if it's ok to do that. Also to flash the OTA need an SDcard?
            **No
            Not recommended
            Files are For Yellow Cover
            1000m Ethernet

** Maybe would work
            Best Case everything works except Ethernet

Worse Case
            No Ethernet
            No Wifi
            No remote control
            No Front Display
            Boot Loop
            Bricked

Not recommended

Happy Testing

Comment

This one of the few "Chinese" boxes, that I actually like the firmware. I have been using it exclusively for a few days now (that is something new for me). Now that Gbox23 has provided the stock firmware in "img", it is most tempting to try firmware from other similar boxes, but I don't think any other firmware is as good as the stock one.

I have been using Kodi on this box and it is working amazingly..

Just my 2cents.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

well,for me stock is OK(above "VONTAR" stock dated 20211222)
                Launcher customize and simple and all my Apk.s and Kodi 19.4 works stable

Comment

can you please share the Vontar Launcher apk . thanks
                  Last edited by Alex87; 05-08-2022, 13:03.

Comment

for firmware check post.1(gbox23)
                    Launcher style check my post.17

this launcher comes with above stock firmware plain! than y'll add as what icon as y want
                    its so simple

Comment

I've added both launchers to the firmware link share.

Comment

Thanks for the link - used the OTA file to update the 202112 installed firmware by copying the OTA zip file to storage - NO need for SD or USB. Used the installed UPDATE app. Selected local file - file name eg the OTA zip - then hit update. Sat back waited for reboot to come up. Everything seem a little faster smoother if thats possible. All Apps I use seem to work fine. As I mainly use box only for IPTV apks I dont use KODI or Gallery so cant comment on them . It fits my needs so one happy bunny
                        Last edited by sesdave; 05-27-2022, 16:12.

Comment

No issues here as well with the OTA using Update App. I wished they updated Android Webview or Chrome and fixed the powering off issue. I hope a ROM comes available with Magisk, perhaps inspired by superceleron version for the Tanix X4.

Thanks!

Two side notes:

1- My friend's Tanix X4 on stock seems to power-off properly.
                          2- I'd an issue where the HK1 X4 was overheating, did a reset and concluded Button Mapper triggered the issue as soon as Accessiblity Services was enabled (two different versions, the newest and a very old one). Replaced the app with Key Mapper and no issues.

Comment

I don't understand if they have a new update ready so why do they don't push it via OTA?

Comment

Hi
                              if you have some of issues with this ROM than prefere above (post.1 given by gbox23)
                              its more stable!

Kodi OK
                              Gallery;in every case had issue!
                              Apk.s also more stable
                              ++

seems that HK1 is "over"! do not wait any ROM etc., (might be except custom ROMs as well)
                              probably in near future Vontar release/unveil a "NEW" box,as usually hahhaaa

++
                              and new toy coming from; ""X96 Max Plus Ultra"" 905X4

Comment

I don't understand if they have a new update ready so why do they don't push it via OTA?
                                I'll assume you've to understand the Chinese Android TV market, most companies doesn't support firmware updates and move to the next box. On top of that, app updates move quickly and unless they're certified to run & update certain apps, is not worth it for them continuing support. I personally feel Google changed how Android (10+) operate to affect this market, unless the Chinese brands become certified...

The Update was probably one they were going to release months ago, but they moved on... I mean, not even a security patch nor Chrome was updated to a recent release. I wonder if they focused on Kernel only. Anyway, just opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X