HK1RBOX X4 1000M Firmware (Img and OTA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

looks like they have removed most of the android tv part. I've also noticed a few bugs with this with regards to screen rotation with some apps (ie.discovery plus) will not stay in landscape mode, flips to portrait. forced to use a 3rd party app the force landscape.
    I've only tried it for a few hours and that's what i found. still stable firmware tho.
    Yes
    Same here with force landscape
    Apk

Firmware is stable
    Lightning Fast

So fast in fact when you select settings
    Notice screen flicker/stutter / glitch in graphics

Is the same on Vontar img and Transpeed img

More Testing

Happy Testing

Comment

You're welcome.

Glad to hear you're working again, as for that launcher that is the one I installed in my HK1 Image, I do like it better then the stock HK1 Launcher.
      First of thank you very much for posting the firmware. You have saved me from trying to return my HK1 box as there appeared no way to update Kodi and the seller said new software would be 1-2 months!!! (I had 25/05 version).

I installed the update using the zip without issue but I was wondering about the launcher - since I now have a completely inactive big button for KDMC .... Bergamesk in post #17 said the Vontar launcher was "customise".
      So 2 questions if I may - (or anybody else watching....)
      How do I install the Vontar launcher?
      Do you know how can you customise it as I don't want or need half the apps on the home screen?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comment

Originally posted by Jaidee View Post

First of thank you very much for posting the firmware. You have saved me from trying to return my HK1 box as there appeared no way to update Kodi and the seller said new software would be 1-2 months!!! (I had 25/05 version).

I installed the update using the zip without issue but I was wondering about the launcher - since I now have a completely inactive big button for KDMC .... Bergamesk in post #17 said the Vontar launcher was "customise".
        Do you know how can you customise it as I don't want or need half the apps on the home screen?

Months ago someone at 4pda extracted launcher.
        It is not available anymore.

You will have to Flash latest Vontar img.
        It is dated 06 21 22

Identical to Hk1x4 img from 06 20 22
        Except
        Of course can customize Home Screen
        Will lose Task Killer from Home

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

Months ago someone at 4pda extracted launcher.
          It is not available anymore.

You will have to Flash latest Vontar img.
          It is dated 06 21 22

Identical to Hk1x4 img from 06 20 22
          Except
          Of course can customize Home Screen
          Will lose Task Killer from Home

Happy Testing
          My understanding was the OP posted both launchers in both zip and apk versions and uses the Vontar himself? I am probably misunderstanding your post but I am not interested in changing the whole image if that is what is required.

I was also doing some searching after posing the question. Can I download a different launcher apk and use that - Hal/Simple/Flauncher or whatever? That seems too easy....

Comment

My understanding was the OP posted both launchers in both zip and apk versions and uses the Vontar himself? I am probably misunderstanding your post but I am not interested in changing the whole image if that is what is required.

I was also doing some searching after posing the question. Can I download a different launcher apk and use that - Hal/Simple/Flauncher or whatever? That seems too easy....
            Hmmmmmmmmm

You are correct
            Thanks for info
            Page 2 post # 25

It's been there since may
            Lol

I have been testing different images
            And coreelec

Just copied apk version to thumb drive
            And installed
            All is good
            There is Vontar launcher
            Ready to customize!!!

Have not tested ota version

Happy Testing

Comment

The issues I'd with some packages gone like Google Play Services happened because prior of the update I'd them disabled. Fixed with a factory reset, and left with a remider of enabling them prior of OTA updates.

BTW when it comes to the launchers, I still use old ATV, if there something similar and stable lmk thx:
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by retroluv View Post
                The issues I'd with some packages gone like Google Play Services happened because prior of the update I'd them disabled. Fixed with a factory reset, and left with a remider of enabling them prior of OTA updates.

BTW when it comes to the launchers, I still use old ATV, if there something similar and stable lmk thx:
                Thanks - zero interest in having/using any Google services - appreciating the irony that Android is from them........

ATV was one of the launchers recommended in various articles along with the others I mentioned.
                As per one of my original questions can I just sideload the APK and it will become the default launcher or is there a lot more involved?

Comment

ATV was one of the launchers recommended in various articles along with the others I mentioned.
                  As per one of my original questions can I just sideload the APK and it will become the default launcher or is there a lot more involved?

This is my method of madness
                  There are many other ways.

Download desired Launcher APK file to PC
                  Copy file to usb drive
                  Insert drive in TV box
                  Install from system file manager
                  Will become default Launcher
                  May have to restart for changes to take effect.
                  Have done this many times

If you have to factory reset for some reason
                  Will lose Launcher
                  Will revert to factory Launcher

I have usb drive with various APK files
                  Use to install files not available from playstore.

It is that easy
                  Tested Vontar launcher this method

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

This is my method of madness
                    There are many other ways.

I have usb drive with various APK files
                    Use to install files not available from playstore.

It is that easy
                    Yes I am very comfortable with sideloading.
                    Thanks for confirming it is that straightforward.

Comment

Thanks - zero interest in having/using any Google services - appreciating the irony that Android is from them........

Or within the box while using the browser or Aurora Store, you can downloaded, install, and it usually prompt you which launcher you want as default on next boot. Pretty easy as Freddy stated!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to hear another box saved lol!
                        Assuming you got the launcher working from all the help in here.
                        I mod my images so it's a permanent and only launcher, along with a bunch of other apks (of course some removed).
                        That way, regardless of what happens to the box that launcher will always be there, even with a factory reset.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to hear another box saved lol!
                          Assuming you got the launcher working from all the help in here.
                          I mod my images so it's a permanent and only launcher, along with a bunch of other apks (of course some removed).
                          That way, regardless of what happens to the box that launcher will always be there, even with a factory reset.
                          Yes thanks - using Vontar launcher. Only wanted something simple but that showed sideloaded apps which Simple didn't......(for me anyhow}

Unfortunately I think modding the image is a little beyond me without a step by step guide - I have flashed a couple of mobile Roms from XDA but only after extensive reading and have shied away from anything to do with changing the img.

Thanks again for the thread and posting the software.

Comment

Yes thanks - using Vontar launcher. Only wanted something simple but that showed sideloaded apps which Simple didn't......(for me anyhow}

Unfortunately I think modding the image is a little beyond me without a step by step guide - I have flashed a couple of mobile Roms from XDA but only after extensive reading and have shied away from anything to do with changing the img.

Thanks again for the thread and posting the software.
                            I will upload both versions of rom with that launcher. I'll need a few days as I am out of town

Comment

Hi all,

I have added a new folder in the share link (imgswithvontarlauncher) with vontar launcher included in both img versions.
                              Hk1 launcher removed from both imgs.

I also tweaked vbmeta imgs. Kodi will now work without being booted out.

hope this helps
                              enjoy
                              Last edited by gbox23; 08-31-2022, 16:45. Reason: Added changes with imgs

Comment

wondering is that any work for the new "X96 Max+ Ultra"(s905X4) custom Rom??
                                thanks++

Comment

Working...
                                X