HK1RBOX X4 1000M Firmware (Img and OTA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retroluv View Post
    You're welcome! Will try the fix later on. Ethernet does work, I'm wondering if that user has the 100Mbps version.
    Thanks for the update!
    Thank you for the report. That update fixes the power indicator light. So now it turns blue when the box is operating.
    Perhaps you can post your thoughts on this device running COREELEC ON THEIR FORUM.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If the file is sc2_s905x4_1gbit.dtb (85.3 KB) posted 3 days ago around post #40, thats what I've. Otherwise it's something I don't see as a guest. The LED does indeed work tho.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by retroluv View Post
        If the file is sc2_s905x4_1gbit.dtb (85.3 KB) posted 3 days ago around post #40, thats what I've. Otherwise it's something I don't see as a guest. The LED does indeed work tho.

Thanks!
        That's probably the one, but the reboot is working now. I think he posted about eight different ones, only a couple of those test versionversions. When I power it off it stays off. Other versions it would power right back on.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hey Clarks

I do not try yet CElec
          and yes I'v HK1(1000LAN)

th4 someones does work with this 905X4 and you too
          so thanks++

Comment

I am the one having Ethernet issues with my HK1 RBox. I turns out the 1000M Ethernet chip it uses, the JLSemi 2101, isn't supported by CoreElec. It does work a fine in Android, I was getting good number with iperf3

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by emveepee View Post
              I am the one having Ethernet issues with my HK1 RBox. I turns out the 1000M Ethernet chip it uses, the JLSemi 2101, isn't supported by CoreElec. It does work a fine in Android, I was getting good number with iperf3

Martin
              That is too bad, I really like this box. Guess I got lucky to get a box that is supported by CoreELEC.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                CoreELEC now works on this device!!!!!
                Testing CoreElec for the last week n a bit
                Most Excellent !!!

Following thread on discourse
                I liked your u tube video RE: rc maps config

Desktop shortcut nice
                Iam doing something wrong however
                Do you rename to .xml file ?
                From text file ?

Something worked
                Not remote from box
                But Samsung TV remote works

Or does Coreelec have HDMI CEC settings always on ?

Like auto update!!!

Now a read there is Linux Desktop...

This little China Box just keeps chugging along

More Testing

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

You're very welcome!

I had to make my own img from the ota I received 17 times (lol) and Transpeed x4 img (It had the correct boot configuration for this box)
                  I'm never a fan of mix matching 2 different firmware's into one mash, but, it worked. Worked very good to be honest.

I do like the transpeed launcher a little better as it allows more of a customization. So I have changed that and removed some of the crappy apk's with my own.
                  (Don't harp on me, I know there is better launchers, But, I need to keep it as SIMPLE as I can for my clients lol which means less phone calls for me. I'm sure most on here understand what I mean)

I've always liked the HK1 line of amlogic. They always seem to have the "original's" for firmware's. Or at least, solid working ones (for my clientele needs).
                  This firmware was pretty much impossible to find anywhere in any forums, didn't realize it would be such a success on here.
                  Just glad I am able to share it, and hopefully some fantastic roms come from it (wink wink).
                  hello, I'm very excited about news for the hk1 box, by chance you would have a firmware for X4 to come with the x3 firmware mixed or adapted. I would love to test firmware with Android 9 for x4 box. thanks

Comment

I've just received my HK1 RBOX X4 (1000M version with the copper colored top). I'm having difficulty getting the newer ROM flashed to it.

I tried the installed UPDATER app, but I see no way to select the OTA zip file. Do I need to save it to a particular location?

The included file manager app seems to be missing the edit functions. I can select one or more files, and I can access either the internal storage or a USB device. But there is no option to cut/copy/paste.

I tried placing the update image (.img file) on a MicroSD card using the Amlogic Burn Card Maker (v2.0.2) on my PC. Inserted the MicroSD card, held a toothpick on the button inside the AV port, then plugged in the power connector. It ends up in Android Recovery with the following: "WARNING: Previous installation has failed. Your device may fail to boot...". But it boots just fine, only there is no update installed.

Do I have to use the AML Tool (USB Burning Tool) and an OTG cable for this box? Do I need a particular version of Burn Card Maker, or USB Burning Tool?

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ty_Bower; 08-04-2022, 18:02.

Comment

Ty_Bower, I prefer using the USB Burning Tool. I am using burn tool version 3.2.0, and yes you need a PC running Windows and a USB male to male cord. You can make your own if you don't have one.

Comment

I succeeded in applying the OTA patch. I copied the OTA zip file to the MicroSD card. It did not install correctly from the Android Recovery console due to some error (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError, E:Error in /sideload/package.zip). However, having the zip file on the MicroSD card, it was found by the UPDATER app. Installation from there proceeded without issue.

I haven't noticed any difference between the ROM that came shipped on the HK1 RBOX X4, and this presumably newer 20220305 update.

I am still somewhat confused as to why this box doesn't update from the MicroSD created with Burn Card Maker. I'm fairly certain I've successfully used this method in the past with other TV boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty_Bower View Post
                          I succeeded in applying the OTA patch. I copied the OTA zip file to the MicroSD card. It did not install correctly from the Android Recovery console due to some error (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError, E:Error in /sideload/package.zip). However, having the zip file on the MicroSD card, it was found by the UPDATER app. Installation from there proceeded without issue.

I haven't noticed any difference between the ROM that came shipped on the HK1 RBOX X4, and this presumably newer 20220305 update.

I am still somewhat confused as to why this box doesn't update from the MicroSD created with Burn Card Maker. I'm fairly certain I've successfully used this method in the past with other TV boxes.
                          Congratulations on getting it installed. Perseverance pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty_Bower View Post

Issues with SD Card/ TF Card port
                            Also Gallery
                            Launch Kodi

Common with Factory Firmware first release
                            Hk1x4
                            Transpeed
                            Vontar

There have been new Firmware for
                            Transpeed
                            Vontar
                            Released maybe has resolved issues
                            Never any change logs released to explain????

Maybe latest Transpeed May 25th has fixed

Currently testing Vontar June release on Same Box as yours

*Sd card port seems to be working properly
                            Gallery good
                            Launch Kodi good

* Testing Coreelec would not load with new 2022 SD Card
                            Had to use older/ 3 or4 years SD Card to work.

Happy Testing

Comment

Hi

I'v already sold out my HK1 device

th4 I'v bought fm Banggood a new box "X96 MAX+ Ultra" (picture performance a little bit better then HK1)
                              but remote such disaster,very bad sensitivity!
                              I use Air-mouse

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                                Hi

I'v already sold out my HK1 device

th4 I'v bought fm Banggood a new box "X96 MAX+ Ultra" (picture performance a little bit better then HK1)
                                but remote such disaster,very bad sensitivity!
                                I use Air-mouse
                                Nice!!!!!
                                You don't hang on to TV Boxes very long.
                                Shame you got rid of Tanix X4
                                Could be Testing Superceleron Latest for Tanix!!!

I have firmware for your box X96 MAX + Ultra
                                Maybe will flash to My HK1 x4
                                Check out Rom
                                If it boots???

Happy Testing

Comment

Working...
                                X