No announcement yet.

K-R42 - wasser firmware - JB Android 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very dissapointed from android tv box... i have there already wasser 4.4.2. and also with wasser xbmc 1080p its still laggy ( sound is perfect, but movie is laggy

Comment

Originally posted by D3mon3k-CZ View Post
      I am very dissapointed from android tv box... i have there already wasser 4.4.2. and also with wasser xbmc 1080p its still laggy ( sound is perfect, but movie is laggy
      I think you should discuss it at the other thread (I shown)...
      (the problem with the newer devices e.g. are, that they use a "smaller" version of rk3188 (the T), and also other cheaper parts at pcb...)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        I think you should discuss it at the other thread (I shown)...
        (the problem with the newer devices e.g. are, that they use a "smaller" version of rk3188 (the T), and also other cheaper parts at pcb...)
        Any idea which firmware to use for a XT-Q7-V11?

Comment

pass

Comment

Re: K-R42 - wasser firmware - JB Android 4.2.2

Originally posted by D3mon3k-CZ View Post
            Looks like the box you got came with RK3188T. Chinese has silently switched to that SoC to reduce cost. But with cost they also reduced performance and quality. Best cs918 were released in the first year of production. When there were little fakes. in my opinion these are the best ones - BX09 ( AC8350) always come with branded RAM and ROM, six layer PCBA( most recent ones are 4 layer) and RK3188 so you cannuse 1080p kernel and get decent 1080p playback in XBMC. Unfortunately factory stopped releasing this model, so we had to order custom batch for our DroidBOX X7 Ultimate ( https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-x7-u...-16gb-rom.html )so it does support 1080p playback in XBMC...

Comment

Originally posted by jevgenijo View Post
              Looks like the box you got came with RK3188T. Chinese has silently switched to that SoC to reduce cost. But with cost they also reduced performance and quality. Best cs918 were released in the first year of production. When there were little fakes. in my opinion these are the best ones - BX09 ( AC8350) always come with branded RAM and ROM, six layer PCBA( most recent ones are 4 layer) and RK3188 so you cannuse 1080p kernel and get decent 1080p playback in XBMC. Unfortunately factory stopped releasing this model, so we had to order custom batch for our DroidBOX X7 Ultimate ( https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-x7-u...-16gb-rom.html )so it does support 1080p playback in XBMC...
              Any idea where to get firmware from i got this info from someone else how bought the same

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	434910

Comment

Hello to everyone!!! I just installed wasser rom on my android player. Everything works perfect except for my Web camera. It's a Chinese no name camera which was recognized from the default firmware of the device. After the upgrade to wasser rom the camera is not working at all... Any idea? Solved!---> solution at post #634.. Thank you again Wasser for your great work!
                Last edited by dimitris444; 10-04-2014, 16:23.

Comment

This thread is rather old now, but I'm hoping someone can help. I just moved my K-R42 old revision to a different room and have a couple of problems. I'm now using it on a 720P screen via HDMI (using HDMI to DVI adapter and screen is 1024x768 native resolution) instead of the original 1080P so I switched out the kernel and boot for 720P, but when choosing 720P mode the picture is very small with a huge black border at 1:1 aspect ratio with no scaling. If I switch to 1080P in the android settings it then fills the screen at 1:1 ratio. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Second problem is that when trying to update some of the apps in Google Play, they quickly download about 30-50% of the file and then stall, eventually failing. I was originally using ethernet, but now use wifi, however wifi seems to work fine in SPMC for streaming TV & Movies. Incidentally SPMC downloaded fine, it's just the app updates that will not complete.

Comment

wasser could u please share the kernel config for "kernel-1080p-k-r42-new.img", the new K-R42 version ?

Comment

Working...
                    X