No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found in Rom 1.7 but NoFound in Rom 2.1 ??

Hi,
    I'm totally lost
    when I use the flash tool in the "old" RileyRom 1.7 then all is ok and it shows "Found ...."
    But when I use the flash tool in RileyRom 2.1 then I get "No Found ....."
    So why doesn't the flash tool in 2.1 find my device??
    When I copy the flash tool from 1.7 to the folder 2.1 and run it then again I get "No Found ...."
    What am I missing.
    Any hints are welcome
    Thanks

Comment

That's a new one on me.

Same app. Same drivers. Same USB connection. I'm not sure what's up with that.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I think I might have found the answer , I hope LOL
        There's certainly a difference in naming the folders like "drivers" in 2.1 was "RockusbDriver" in 1.7 and some other name changes. Also in 1.7 it's a version of 11/03 and in 2.1 it's from 23/04.
        But after checking the settings.ini I found that in 1.7 the SUPPORTUSB11=1 and in 2.1 it says SUPPORTUSB11=0
        and yes, I'm using usb 1.1
        So my question, can I just put these parameter to "1" without any risk?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Are you running this ROM?

Have you tried any other ROM's?

I haven't heard of this problem.
          I haven't tried any other ROMS aside from the original and the 2.1

Can the HDMI cable have any effect on the display? I havent tried using another one.

Comment

That's very possible. Pipo tablets typically come with a deeper set of connectors, if the connector on your cable is too short, you might have connection problems.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

So my question, can I just put this parameter to "1" without any risk?
              Thanks

Comment

The smallest parameter file in the ROM kit is 2gb.
                Last edited by rrileypm; 05-10-2014, 21:23.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Here is a 1gb parameter file.
                  Attached Files
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

@Randy
                    I guess you misunderstood my question
                    What I want to know is if I can change the parameter SUPPORTUSB11=0 to 1 in the settings.ini file so I can use
                    my usb 1.1 port for the flash tool?
                    Thanks

Comment

Hmmmm, I really don't know the answer to that one. Finless is our USB driver expert.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Success!

@ Randy

I successfully upgraded to 2.1 and it looks great! Thanks for another job well done!

I know it was here on the forum somewhere but I can't find it back namely the problem with the pipo family launcher.
                        It keeps on crashing "Unfortunately family launcher has stopped working" every few minutes.
                        Was there some code we had to put in somewhere?
                        Anyone with a good memory who can help me out?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                          @ Randy
                          I know it was here on the forum somewhere but I can't find it back namely the problem with the pipo family launcher.
                          It keeps on crashing "Unfortunately family launcher has stopped working" every few minutes.
                          Thanks
                          Try this http://www.pipo.com.cn/view.php?pid=54&id=75

Comment

Thanks mate, that worked!
                            Unfortunately, now I always get "Unfortunately, OOSA Kids Launcher has stopped"

any ideas?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
                              Thanks mate, that worked!
                              Unfortunately, now I always get "Unfortunately, OOSA Kids Launcher has stopped"

any ideas?

Cheers
                              Sure, install Apex launcher and give "always" permission, go to Settings/Applications/and disable or uninstall Pipo Launcher and Kids Launcher.
                              Pipo launcher have many bugs, even on Facebook page Pipo officials reccomend to disable/uninstall that crap.

Comment

True, when one program isn't working I can install something else but that wasn't really what I was aiming for

Comment

Working...
                                X