Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Randy

Found this on a Russian site. It's 4.4.2 KitKat. https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash...WfEAmwctEDs%3D updated 05/01/2014
    I have installed it and all seems well. Definitely does not brick tablets.
    According to what I read he ported the U8 firmware. ANTUTU is not great!
    Think I'll stay on this until a newer version is launched by PIPO.
    Regards

Mailed Anna at PIPO. This is her reply.
    Dear Friend,
    Good day.
    Our technicians told me the 4.4 firmware will be released next month after Chinese Spring Festival.
    Best regards,
    Anna
    PiPo Technology Co,.Ltd(digisino group)金森数码产品(深圳)有限公司
    Email: [email protected]
    Last edited by mattiesrag; 01-24-2014, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by mattiesrag View Post
      Hi Randy

Found this on a Russian site. It's 4.4.2 KitKat. https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash...WfEAmwctEDs%3D updated 05/01/2014
      I have installed it and all seems well. Definitely does not brick tablets.
      According to what I read he ported the U8 firmware. ANTUTU is not great!
      Think I'll stay on this until a newer version is launched by PIPO.
      Regards
      Thanks buddy.
      Downloading the same,and later flash it on my Pipo Max-M8 Pro.
      Surely,will inform about my experience.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Multiple users gray filter

Originally posted by eljuggy View Post
        I get a gray layer similar to "1st launch android help" above most apps (all google apps, Pulse, TuneIn both integrated launcher...)

The problem occurs with multiple user accounts (no problem with main account)
        Also most games and Apex Launcher seem not affected.

Does someone have a clue on how to solve this ?

Thanks

Hi,
        i have the same problem. Main user works fine, but if I add a new one and switch to him (lockscreen) most apps have the grey filter. Homescreen and sw keyboard works fine. Second thing is, that on new other user dont work screenshot animation and I dont have access to screens. I have to switch to main user and then i see it in gallery. There are some screens.

MAIN USER

OTHER USER

Comment

Grey overlay

That grey screen is because multi window option is enabled by default for every new user. Main user has option in settings to disable multi window feature but on every other user account we don't have that option so multi window stays enabled for that account but it is broken - you can only use 2 fingers to resize greyed apps. I edited settings.apk to make that option visible on all accounts but unfortunately i was unable to sign apk (tried with zipsigner from market).
          I also found multi window on/off switch in settings.db but i couldn't figure where settings.db is stored for other users.

Comment

I'm happy to announce a working version of TWRP recovery available for the M8 Pro!!!!!!

Thanks to Freaktab Member Abdul_Pt, we have a variety of Rockchip compatible TWRP Recovery images. I used the generic 1280x800 version for the RK3188. Here's a link to it:

I've tested it, and all functions work. The only thing is that the generic version doesn't have a embedded kernel for the M8 Pro...so be careful not to delete the kernel.img or you will not be able to boot.

If you don't know what TWRP is...it's a replacement for CWM/Stock Recovery that has more of a GUI menu screen and lots more functionality than CWM.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Hi guys!
              I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.
              i woke up and found out that part of the touchscreen isnt working.
              i tried to do a reset but it didnt help.
              im letting the battery discharge now to see if anything has a chance of affecting this problem
              but the whole of the right and up side , starting from the row above apps row and right to the widget clock screen is not touch-functional.

i read this can have some relation to the charger?
              please if anyone knows what this is can u let me know im trying a couple stuff but this is weird.

it happened before once but after the said reset it went back to normal.

thanks!

Comment

I installed the 2.1.2 wi fi version on my pipo tablet and everything works ok.
                Many thanks randy and greetings from greece
                George

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty happy with this ROM. Still no official KitKat...but if it ain't broken...why open a new can of worms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Yes, I'm pretty happy with this ROM. Still no official KitKat...but if it ain't broken...why open a new can of worms.

Hey!
                    have u ever had this situation with the touch screen? pls if u can help i appriciate it greatly. (message above)

Comment

I had that happen with a Yuandao tablet. I ended up sending it back. Sounds like a hardware problem.

Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I had that happen with a Yuandao tablet. I ended up sending it back. Sounds like a hardware problem.

thx... i figured as much and approached the seller. i just hope it wont take too long the whole shipping etc.
                        i also hope this isnt a common trait... 😓

Comment

Of all of the user's I've heard from...this is the first mention of that same issue on the M8 Pro.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

using 2.4gh mouse dongle

Hello all

My m8 pro is great. My only niggle is it doesnt accept all 2.4gh mouse dongles.

Eg i plug my tab into the tv and like to control it with the mouse - my particular dongle doesnt wotk, my other ones do.

The same mouse/dongle worked on a old a10 pad.

Does anyone know a simple thing I can try to get this working?

I know a bluetooth mouse is probably a better option

thanks

Chris

Comment

Wakelock V2.1.2

Hi All,

I flashed rom v2.1.2 (3G) last week and it works a lot smoother and better than the stock rom. less laggy n stuff. So keep up the good work.

I noticed however the battery drain is huge. So deciced to check the wakelocks of the tablet and it seems the Kernel is keeping the tablet awake.
                              See enclosed some screenshots.

Is this a known issue (which, if I understood wel was solved in 2.1.2) or am I the only one having this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-10-17-06.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	433316Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-10-17-19.png
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	433317Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-10-17-28.png
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	433318Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-10-17-37.png
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	433319

Comment

Download v2.1.2 Wifi

Download v2.1.2 3G

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Randy,
                                Downloaded v2.1.2 3G four times and each time winzip tells me the files are corrupt. Would it be possible for you to check the download link?
                                I'd really like to try your improved ROM.
                                Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X