• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
    Hi,

On their Facebook Anna has just posted this :

Here are two links of the 4.4 firmware.

M9 pro both 3G and NO 3G (Chinese version)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/nlnbij8nvxemajj/20140319_DS1007_M9pro_4.4.2_#404.rar

M8 pro both 3G and NO 3G (Multi-language version)
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

don't know if it is the same as above.
    Thanks for the links.

But whenever I'm trying to download the firmware for M8 Pro Tablet, then through mediafire and other pages ultimately it says : Error 404 Not found.

How do I resolve it?

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
      Hi,

M8 pro both 3G and NO 3G (Multi-language version)
      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

don't know if it is the same as above.
      The Wetransfer link downloads (i think) the same "20140403_DS940H_PIPO_M8Pro_4.4.2_#395.rar" (+ the 1.7 flashtool.) The Wetransfer Rar file contains: "update-940-rk3188-4.4-4-2.img" - Size: 595,733,316... So I guess it's the same.

I'm going to wait a moment with flashing, Sending all my energy to Randy, hoping he can upload a KitKat RileyRom this weekend ;-) I obviously prefer RileyRom in stead of Stock
      Good Luck my friend!

So glad this tablet has risen from the (near) dead!

Comment

Yes, its users like you guys that keep me running with fresh firmware to cook.

Keep up the good work!!!!!
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by musback View Post
          The Wetransfer link downloads (i think) the same "20140403_DS940H_PIPO_M8Pro_4.4.2_#395.rar" (+ the 1.7 flashtool.) The Wetransfer Rar file contains: "update-940-rk3188-4.4-4-2.img" - Size: 595,733,316... So I guess it's the same.

I'm going to wait a moment with flashing, Sending all my energy to Randy, hoping he can upload a KitKat RileyRom this weekend ;-) I obviously prefer RileyRom in stead of Stock
          Good Luck my friend!

So glad this tablet has risen from the (near) dead!
          Yes, same firmware

Comment

I am hoping the new version being Brewed will not be heartbleed vulnerable. I just noticed my tablet being accessed online good thing I dont have any financial information in it. I have the Detect for heartbleed app and its vulnerable. I saw a notice of screenshots being made and it was on a change password page. Updated all my password on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by kamaoako View Post
              I am hoping the new version being Brewed will not be heartbleed vulnerable. I just noticed my tablet being accessed online good thing I dont have any financial information in it. I have the Detect for heartbleed app and its vulnerable. I saw a notice of screenshots being made and it was on a change password page. Updated all my password on my PC.
              Android 4.2 isn't vulnerable to heartbleed and AFAIK heartbleed hasn't yet been exploited to hack Android devices, nor someone would be able to get screenshots with it.

Probably some malicious app you downloaded and installed from the internet is responsible for this. I would suggest to flash again the ROM, wipe clean your partitions and format your SD cards.

Comment

Could it be that there is no multiwindow option anymore with this KitKat version?

Thanks a lot for KitKat

Comment

That's correct. So far there is no multi window in KK.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Rom great - question on kernel image.

Finally got my repaired M8 Pro back from China ...good as new.

The RR 2.1.2 flashed perfectly..no issues. I have downloaded the kernel zip. Should I use this ...

to flash the image, or is there a better way, possibly with the flash tool I used for the rom.

Thanks for your good work, Mr. Riley. Donation on the way!

Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I would just use the flash tool...I haven't used the app.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I would just use the flash tool...I haven't used the app.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
                        Sorry.

I should have asked how to use the Finless tool to do this. Hopefully very simple ...just never did this b4, and do not wish to mess up.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I recommend using the stock kernel for a while to.get a baseline on the ROM with your apps...etc.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            I recommend using the stock kernel for a while to.get a baseline on the ROM with your apps...etc.
                            Good advice.

I may soon be trying out your new Kitkat rom though. I was on another forum and got a PM extolling it's virtues.

I did note some were having issues, and I wonder why. Seems like I recall reading there was an early build of M8 Pro that had some nand/memory issues that created some problems with upgrading ..if I recall..

Edit ...5/12. For those reading this thread and have interest, the Kitkat RR loaded without a hitch. Super clean instructions. Again ..kudos to RR!
                            Last edited by BamaPanda; 05-12-2014, 23:24.

Comment

I am not sure if this is the right forum page.

I have searched for this issue through many Tablet forums.

My issue is, I have a PiPo M8 Pro Wifi edition. When I play a movie 720p or 1080p on the tablet it is perfect, but when I use the HDMI to HDMI cable to LED or LCD flat screen TV. The picture quality seems to be different than the one displayed in the tablet. I have tested this on 5 different LED and LCD screens with different brands. And they all display the same issue. I have also tried to change the Color settings in the LED/LCD TV but it does not match with the one the tablet is showing.

Anyone perhaps knows a fix or know something that might help with this issue?

Thanks

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask for help. If so, please move or delete this post.

Comment

Are you running this ROM?

Have you tried any other ROM's?

I haven't heard of this problem.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X